Tate Martell

HSFBfan

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man everyone is hating on Martell.   He got beat out by another QB.   Yeah he was a bit cocky and the whole "don't miss on the second go tweet"  was a bit much, but it is what it is.   Feel like people are being too hard on the guy.  

He deserves some heat. 

I do feel bad that he came in thinking he was gods gift to football and now he's getting taken down a few pegs though. 

I can't for the life of me figure out where he got those ideas from though. 9_9

Real talk though, I do wish him the best. Maybe he'll finally either land somewhere he can start, or he'll re-evaluate and work harder so as to make his current team better with him at 2. He should have probably done that already. Then he wouldn't be catching heat. 

He does deserve the heat still though. 

This thread and the Dak thread are almost the same thread philisophically speaking. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He deserves some heat. 

I do feel bad that he came in thinking he was gods gift to football and now he's getting taken down a few pegs though. 

I can't for the life of me figure out where he got those ideas from though. 9_9

Real talk though, I do wish him the best. Maybe he'll finally either land somewhere he can start, or he'll re-evaluate and work harder so as to make his current team better with him at 2. He should have probably done that already. Then he wouldn't be catching heat. 

He does deserve the heat still though. 

This thread and the Dak thread are almost the same thread philisophically speaking. 

I get it, I thought he was pretty arrogant in HS, but from all I've read about their competition he's been pretty level headed.    

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man everyone is hating on Martell.   He got beat out by another QB.   Yeah he was a bit cocky and the whole "don't miss on the second go tweet"  was a bit much, but it is what it is.   Feel like people are being too hard on the guy.  

I never liked the kid so anytime I can throw shots at him I do it. He reminds me of johnny manziel going nowhere fast. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I get it, I thought he was pretty arrogant in HS, but from all I've read about their competition he's been pretty level headed.    

Maybe. Idk as I stopped following anything about the guy when he left OSU after that silly tweet. He never even tried to compete for the job. 

Now here he is, wasting his college football career transferring school to school. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe. Idk as I stopped following anything about the guy when he left OSU after that silly tweet. He never even tried to compete for the job. 

Now here he is, wasting his college football career transferring school to school. 

People have to live with the choices they make.  The amount of people mocking him on twitter is a bit much though.   I guess I just never liked going after people when they are down.   Sure I text my Hurricane buddies in a group text joking about him, but it gets crazy on twitter.   I'll never have a twitter account...ever.   F that.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Damn that lucky fool!! Shes super hot. Although now that he is not the star, how long will she stick around?

52 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was comparing their attitudes. Both had that cocky nonsense and both went no where quick. 

Lighting up Bama twice while winning the Heisman before being a 1st round pick is not going no where quick in a way that's in any way similar to Martell.

People are too quick to throw Texas QBs/legends in to comparisons. The next Brees, the next Luck, the next Murray, the next Manziel, the next Earl Thomas, the next Adrian Peterson....

Let's hope there's at least a grace period before some starts trying to talk about the next Mahomes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dub said:

Lighting up Bama twice while winning the Heisman before being a 1st round pick is not going no where quick in a way that's in any way similar to Martell.

People are too quick to throw Texas QBs/legends in to comparisons. The next Brees, the next Luck, the next Murray, the next Manziel, the next Earl Thomas, the next Adrian Peterson....

Let's hope there's at least a grace period before some starts trying to talk about the next Mahomes.

That's wonderful what johnny did in college football and it took him as a failure for the browns not making it in the cfl. Johnny was his own worst enemy. 

Alot of QBs who are.mobile beat alabama. Chad kelly beat them as well. Is chad kelly all that. Tim tebow beat alabama as well was he all that?

All those qbs have in common not making it in the nfl. 

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's wonderful what johnny did in college football and it took him as a failure for the browns not making it in the cfl. Johnny was his own worst enemy. 

Alot of QBs who are.mobile beat alabama. Chad kelly beat them as well. Is chad kelly all that. Tim tebow beat alabama as well was he all that?

To say Martell and Kelly are Tebow and Manziel is a completely disingenuous bad faith argument.

52 minutes ago, Dub said:

43 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Or... you're an idiot. Chad Kelly's only NFL regular season snap is a kneel down and he was literally Mr. Irrelevant, Martell hasn't made it to QB1 at Miami (who hasn't been a offensive juggernaut since my senior yr. in hs.) yet much less the league. Disrespectful one too.

11 minutes ago, Dub said:

Or... you're an idiot. Chad Kelly's only NFL regular season snap is a kneel down and he was literally Mr. Irrelevant, Martell hasn't made it to QB1 at Miami (who hasn't been a offensive juggernaut since my senior yr. in hs.) yet much less the league. Disrespectful one too.

Again neither one of those 4 QBs have any legacy at the nfl level. No disrespectful that's the truth. 

U wanna talk college tebow and Manziel blow away chad Kelly. 

Tebow had multiple NCs and won the Heisman manziel won the Heisman

But you can give Kelly hell but hes still in the league. Tebow manziel etc arent. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Again neither one of those 4 QBs have any legacy at the nfl level. No disrespectful that's the truth. 

U wanna talk college tebow and Manziel blow away chad Kelly. 

Tebow had multiple NCs and won the Heisman manziel won the Heisman

But you can give Kelly hell but hes still in the league. Tebow manziel etc arent. 

Nice try, the subject was comparison. The only thing you saw was mention of "lighting up Bama" and you were off. Even NFL wise, one NFL kneel down between Kelly and Martel (after being Mr. Irrelevant) does not compare with even the abbreviated NFL careers (and a PLAYOFF win) for Tebow and Manziel. You suggesting otherwise is a joke and you (should) know it.