United

rockinl

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

Perhaps I have a bit of reverse snobbery to someone speaking about concerts because I'm tone deaf and had a note sent home to my parents in 6th grade recommending that I NOT pursue anything related to music.

I do think I have rhythm and can dance and no tone test has ever proved that otherwise, but my wife definitely does not share my opinion of my prowess on the dance floor.

But, c'mon, you just wrote a week or two ago about attending some concert that I'm confident did not feature rock music with the President of ACLU in NYC -- so, realize, you are coloring my perspective a bit as well.

sorry about you being tone def as music consumes me... I often wonder if I might be one of the worlds great music appreciators! lol I sure as heck have no talent or even understanding of it. I just love it.

The concert I mentioned was a charity benefit. 

It featured many performers, from Iggy Pop and Patti Smith (as rock as you can get!) to Alabama Shakes and
Sufjan Stevens. New Order too. 

-----------------------

I long ago gave up rock concerts. Too loud, people still getting high, giant arenas... it just stopped being fun. 

Plus I have some pretty good audio equipment and didn't really feel the need to go through the hassle. 

Recently, I have started going to concerts again but all classical.. except for the one above.

I guess I have been to 10 this year so far. Between this and all the music I still buy, I seriously wonder if its not a "problem." lol

But the snob thing, I knew what you meant. Trust me, it's just not true. 

Example, I was fortunate enough to be at a concert a block away from Trump Tower, on Fifth ave. I was in the first pew. (concert was in church)  All around me were true NYC blue bloods. Nothing pretentious. Not a snob in the place. Could not have been friendlier people. People who are a little different than we are always get "labeled." One thing we humans are not short on are labels. 

• Like 1

For all the hooplah from folks on here saying that Dr. Dao was wrong...

Just as I suspected, the CEO has changed his tone to match my sentiments. 

Oscar Munoz says... He was sitting in one of our seats as a paying customer. As a paying customer he can't be wrong. He can't be wrong for not wanting to leave and it was definitely wrong for having police board the plane to remove him in the manner he was removed.

"United is going to pay a lot of money for this one."

Is the contract wording for bumping passengers for "over booking" only? Or does it apply to every instance at the airline's discretion?

Does the contract only apply before boarding or can they virtually flush you out the crapper in mid-air? 

United may end up with a hurting vagina (since vagina is the describing word of the day) by the time this is all over with. xD

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

For all the hooplah from folks on here saying that Dr. Dao was wrong...

Just as I suspected, the CEO has changed his tone to match my sentiments. 

Oscar Munoz says... He was sitting in one of our seats as a paying customer. As a paying customer he can't be wrong. He can't be wrong for not wanting to leave and it was definitely wrong for having police board the plane to remove him in the manner he was removed.

Well imagine that...A greedy CEO crawfishing after getting his ass handed to him in the form of a billion dollar loss.

Asswipe should have said that from the get go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

Well imagine that...A greedy CEO crawfishing after getting his ass handed to him in the form of a billion dollar loss.

Asswipe should have said that from the get go.

1). On what basis are you inferring he's greedy?  If it's just the fact he's a CEO, the issue is yours.

2). What billion dollar loss are you referring to?  United's market cap is up $1.2 billion since March 21st.  Also, "a billion dollar loss" implies an operating loss, which isn't the case at all as United is enjoying record profits

Nah... would never suggest that a CEO would do anything like that. A CEO especially wouldn't throw his own company and legal team under the bus by saying they were wrong and pretty much echoing what some attorneys and legal analysts suggest are breaches of contract with the travelling public. 

A CEO would never trade legal ammunition in trade hoping to stop losing market share. I just can't imagine a world where that would ever happen.

9 hours ago, Pops said:

1). On what basis are you inferring he's greedy?  If it's just the fact he's a CEO, the issue is yours.

2). What billion dollar loss are you referring to?  United's market cap is up $1.2 billion since March 21st.  Also, "a billion dollar loss" implies an operating loss, which isn't the case at all as United is enjoying record profits

See post #87.

Its obvious you have never met a corporation you didnt love. 

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

See post #87.

Its obvious you have never met a corporation you didnt love. 

I'm not going to expend any effort to chase your points down --i know they're not worth it

your perspective is incorrect, naive, and just an indication that you are sore about being schooled so decisively

make a point or be quiet, but don't just enote about being challenged by someone smarter or you're not going to be a successful poster

Just now, Pops said:

I'm not going to expend any effort to chase your points down --i know they're not worth it

your perspective is incorrect, naive, and just an indication that you are sore about being schooled so decisively

make a point or be quiet, but don't just enote about being challenged by someone smarter or you're not going to be a successful poster

Fuck you, you snooty douche. Thats my point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

As they should be. No one should be subjected to that type of incident. These people bought plane tickets, not UFC 291 front row seats. 

The school teacher that had students on board simply exited the flight altogether. Can't blame him either. 

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

The article says that the police that removed him from the plane, are being placed on leave. 

I'm not condoning what took place, but how do you go about removing an unwilling person from their seat without dragging them out? Whoever implemented the policy/procedures for over-booking, should be the one(s) being placed on leave.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftOnBase said:

The article says that the police that removed him from the plane, are being placed on leave. 

I'm not condoning what took place, but how do you go about removing an unwilling person from their seat without dragging them out? Whoever implemented the policy/procedures for over-booking, should be the one(s) being placed on leave.

I somewhat agree. How do you remove someone from a plane that refuses? When he refused, United should have started the bidding at $800 for a volunteer. Bump it up $100 until someone agrees. Im sure someone else. on that plane would have taken a healthy offer.

Dont turn loose overzealous airport cops who are just laying wait to use some type of force they can brag about. I mean, barring the fact that this Dr. is pretty much an embarrassment to the medical profession....he was a paying customer. Paid for that seat.

They treated him like a felon. Bad move.

• Like 1