Bishop Gorman @ St Louis, Honolulu 8/30/19

Gator 82

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Yes, but a while back their players fucked up bad off the field on a trip. So since then, Cal Lee put a ban on their teams coming to the mainland.

I don't believe that but if true and they get blown out by bg Tomorrow no one should waste their time and money playing st Louis thet would be considered only island good if you ask me all the ballers are on the mainland 

7 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Yes, but a while back their players fucked up bad off the field on a trip. So since then, Cal Lee put a ban on their teams coming to the mainland.

Yes I do remember that.   I believe that was in late 90's early 2000's in vegas I believe.   Ever since then they have never traveled.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Antt said:

I don't believe that but if true and they get blown out by bg Tomorrow no one should waste their time and money playing st Louis thet would be considered only island good if you ask me all the ballers are on the mainland 

Sounds like a plan.   Hard to say no ballers when they have produced Mariota and tua. 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hawaiiboy396 said:

You do realize Stl is a small catholic school.  Flying 80 +kids and coaches from hawaii to the mainland can be a bit pricey guys.  Not like it's a bus ride away.   

St Louis turned down an offer last year to play in the Geico State Champions Series. Coach Lee cited the reasons being that the series was scheduled during final exams and the cost of lodging and travel. Even though the package they were offering St Louis were all expenses paid, including flights, hotels, meals, accommodations and ground transportation for a traveling party of 75 plus a cash rights fee for St Louis

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

In 1998 the Crusaders played Green Valley High School in Henderson, NV and there were some allegations of players drinking, damaging hotel rooms and strippers.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/98/09/26/sports/story1.html

So players in 2019 can't travel because players in 1998 drank and got strippers? 

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

So players in 2019 can't travel because players in 1998 drank and got strippers? 

Apparently so. The problem with this is until they venture off the relative safety of the island, they are always going to have to defend their credibility on the national level. If they truly want to be considered one of the big boys, their going to have to take a game every year on the mainland to play a top 25 team. I may be way off on this, but I have a feeling this has more to do with Coach Lee's concern of St Louis being exposed versus possible discipline issues.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gator 82 said:

St Louis turned down an offer last year to play in the Geico State Champions Series. Coach Lee cited the reasons being that the series was scheduled during final exams and the cost of lodging and travel. Even though the package they were offering St Louis were all expenses paid, including flights, hotels, meals, accommodations and ground transportation for a traveling party of 75 plus a cash rights fee for St Louis

Personally not a Fan of the Geico State Champions Series.... To Play 1 more game AFTER all these teams have had a full season of 14-16 including a State Championship run is just a major injury waiting to happen... Plus, Every teams goal is to be a State Champion, not the "Geico State Champoins Series" Champion so I don't think these kids are emotionally up for these games... I see more coaches declining these games in the Future and I don't even think the CIF will let Cali Teams Play in these...

It would be better to do this in the Pre-Season where maybe you have State Champions from the Prior year pay each other in the pre-season which would lead to some very compelling OOS matchups for non league games....

These game should only be played between the "Acadamy" teams like IMG, etc.... Like I said though, there will be no MD or SJB because I don't believe the CIF will allow it....

5 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

You have to be aware that today is week 4 in the HHSAA football season. Plus they only have 9 teams in the Open division. And their regular season finishes in the second week of October. 

So the Geico championship games which occur in late December are not an option for any team from Hawaii. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Antt said:

Ott and other transfers got cleared 

Gorman has plenty of young talent on the varsity team. Freshman WR Zachariah Branch and Sophomore Cam Barfield had great games last week. I would like to see Sophomore QB Joshua Andrade get more varsity snaps. Especially in this risk game vs St Louis. The team needs to find a quality QB that can sling the ball accurately.