Bishop Gorman @ St Louis, Honolulu 8/30/19

Gator 82

All I have to say is this isn't 2018 BG this team and faster and stronger and on  DEFENSE 8 D1 guys and on OFFENSE 8 D1 GUYS so this team is loaded but st Louis will be tough and wont roll over but they never seen what's getting off the bus Friday 

BG 41-24

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Antt said:

All I have to say is this isn't 2018 BG this team and faster and stronger and on  DEFENSE 8 D1 guys and on OFFENSE 8 D1 GUYS so this team is loaded but st Louis will be tough and wont roll over but they never seen what's getting off the bus Friday 

BG 41-24

I agree with this!!... I am Big on The Bishop this year.... Last year they were young and had growing pains....

I saw them play 4 times and 1 time in person last year against DLS and they had size and speed everywhere and I thought their QB was really good....

Last year it seemed like the O Line was trying to figure it out which is why they didn’t beat AZ Cen10 or DLS.... If they have good Line play this year, they are a top 15 team and maybe even top 10....

I think it is a close game but BG pulls away and wins by double digits...

Dont mean to sound like a homer or anything but this is some insight on Stl. 

Stl is the cream of the crop this year in Hawaii.  There scores this year are totally not indicative of how good they are.  In both of the games 1st string qb was and much of the offense was pulled before halftime.    Granted Kapolei is a middle of the pack team in hawaii.   Stl pulled de Laura with 5 min left in 1st half up 28-0.   If they wanted to stl could of easily won by 60+ points.  Against Campbell stl was up 28-0 and kind of took the foot off of the gas.  De laura played till 2 minutes left in the 3rd.  Stl has not covered in either of their games. Lol There receiving core is loaded with I believe 3 or 4 guys committed to power 5 schools.   On offense their weakness may be the line.   Even though they are big.  They are somewhat young so that could be a key for BG.  On the defense side of the ball their strength is the linebackers and secondary.   2 linebackers are committed to Notre dame and wisconsin.   Tufaga a jr lb/dl is also a bigtime recruit.    Secondary had 2 committed guys as well.   This is the 1st year stl secondary is this strong.  On paper you could make a strong point that stl has the better talent.  Game will not be televised even locally.   Every week in Hawaii they televise 3 or 4 highschool games. They tend to not televise games with out of state teams though.   Will be on radio though. 

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

I hate that this game isn't being televised or streamed online. This game is generating a lot of buzz. We're looking to see if BG is back like people claim they are and we're trying to see if STL is really all that and a bag of chips. 

STL has a lot of talent.....so does BG. Really don't know who to pick in this game. 

20 hours ago, hawaiiboy396 said:

Dont mean to sound like a homer or anything but this is some insight on Stl. 

Stl is the cream of the crop this year in Hawaii.  There scores this year are totally not indicative of how good they are.  In both of the games 1st string qb was and much of the offense was pulled before halftime.    Granted Kapolei is a middle of the pack team in hawaii.   Stl pulled de Laura with 5 min left in 1st half up 28-0.   If they wanted to stl could of easily won by 60+ points.  Against Campbell stl was up 28-0 and kind of took the foot off of the gas.  De laura played till 2 minutes left in the 3rd.  Stl has not covered in either of their games. Lol There receiving core is loaded with I believe 3 or 4 guys committed to power 5 schools.   On offense their weakness may be the line.   Even though they are big.  They are somewhat young so that could be a key for BG.  On the defense side of the ball their strength is the linebackers and secondary.   2 linebackers are committed to Notre dame and wisconsin.   Tufaga a jr lb/dl is also a bigtime recruit.    Secondary had 2 committed guys as well.   This is the 1st year stl secondary is this strong.  On paper you could make a strong point that stl has the better talent.  Game will not be televised even locally.   Every week in Hawaii they televise 3 or 4 highschool games. They tend to not televise games with out of state teams though.   Will be on radio though. 

We hear this every year and when they step up vs a top 25 team they get smacked right back down I think bg is to fast and athletic atleast 10-15 guy's are 4.5 or better with atleast 3 or 4 4.3 and this week all the transfers play including #1 and some lineman and this team is scary and this is the fastest team since tate Martell junior and probably most talented they are loaded and weakness I would say Dline and there's a DE with offers but Still weakest part of the team DB core all D1 GUYS  and I think it will come down to QB and feel like bg has the better 1 but st Louis will not roll over poly pride wont allow it BG will have to take it 

1 hour ago, Antt said:

We hear this every year and when they step up vs a top 25 team they get smacked right back down I think bg is to fast and athletic atleast 10-15 guy's are 4.5 or better with atleast 3 or 4 4.3 and this week all the transfers play including #1 and some lineman and this team is scary and this is the fastest team since tate Martell junior and probably most talented they are loaded and weakness I would say Dline and there's a DE with offers but Still weakest part of the team DB core all D1 GUYS  and I think it will come down to QB and feel like bg has the better 1 but st Louis will not roll over poly pride wont allow it BG will have to take it 

Very true Stl has never really played well against the top teams.  But I do remember when the played De la salle when they Maurice Jones Drew.  That was the year after stl was totally loaded.  When they played SJB a while back they was very shaky at the QB position.   That was the 1st game that Tua made an appearance.  He was a sophomore and  didn't get into the game till the 2nd half..  after that game he took over the starting position.  Cant remember who was the qb for them last time they played BG though.  But you do make a valid point about there lack of success against big name schools.  There only out of state wins that I can remember have been against san Clemente and narbonne.  It will he a good game though.  I would expect a crowd of about 8-10 for the game.   Stl has a strong alumni base that turns out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawaiiboy396 said:

Very true Stl has never really played well against the top teams.  But I do remember when the played De la salle when they Maurice Jones Drew.  That was the year after stl was totally loaded.  When they played SJB a while back they was very shaky at the QB position.   That was the 1st game that Tua made an appearance.  He was a sophomore and  didn't get into the game till the 2nd half..  after that game he took over the starting position.  Cant remember who was the qb for them last time they played BG though.  But you do make a valid point about there lack of success against big name schools.  There only out of state wins that I can remember have been against san Clemente and narbonne.  It will he a good game though.  I would expect a crowd of about 8-10 for the game.   Stl has a strong alumni base that turns out. 

Anu Solomon was the BG QB

5 hours ago, Antt said:

So is Jaydn Ott cleared to play?

11 hours ago, hawaiiboy396 said:

Has STL ever traveled off the island?