SJR vs. JSerra (not the game thread)

Sammyswordsman

From a guy at the game:

East is a solid team, a couple of fast backs.

Thoughts:
1)East game planned well, the primary ball carriers on Friday night weren't the primary ball carriers in the game East played a week prior. East had the advantage of already playing a game.
2)Very impressed with East. A very big and physical team. It was a tough environment, 90+ degrees at elevation at game time. No passing game at all though.
3)JSerra was good on defense, although the turnovers really helped them. East's run focused game plan really played into JSerra's strengths. East could not pass the ball at all, so the defensive backs for JSerra were not tested in the passing game at all. JSerra's linebackers were fast and active. Sialafue was a force on defensive line.
4)JSerra had Genova, McDaniel and Green all leave with injuries-- a big thing to watch next week.
5)JSerra really struggled in the passing game and East game planned for that. The running game struggled because they loaded the box and forced JSerra to throw the ball, and they really struggled. Just seemed out of synch the entire game.
6)JSerra really needs to clean it up for the team from New Jersey.

more on the game from a guy on another site...........

New Jersey seemingly sending SJR (v JSerra at SD Cathedral Catholic Honor Bowl) and Don Bosco (at St John Bosco) out to SoCal in the same week to seek revenge for the 62-14 bloodbath inflicted upon Bergen Catholic by Mater Dei in 2017. Maybe they are sharing a charter flight to John Wayne and splitting the distance difference?

It’s always 2 million degrees for the day games on the Cathedral Catholic turf at the Honor Bowl; so maybe that will give JSerra an advantage. Or at least the team with the most depth. If JSerra does have guys out, that could be a bad afternoon.

The out of state teams always seem to struggle down there with the heat; Washington state champ Eastside Catholic suffered its only loss last season at the Honor Bowl to Oaks Christian, which was barely a top 5 team in the CIFSS.

19 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I think both teams will do well stopping the run so whoever has the better QB on that day should win.Edge SJR

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7473024/5bfb2b84e984a404ac79d316 #15 is #2 this year ... was only Sophomore last year, if I’m not mistaken #2 is only 15 years old, bwhahaha 

anyway our QB is for real 6”5 235, I’d say our Lineman and WR are very young so I guess that’s where the game will be decided 

1DCE8B43-5CA4-40CD-91AA-0C7109AF49D1.jpeg

D985C606-F486-414B-A786-CCA362476690.jpeg

It's going to be a really good game. Sounds like these teams are mirror images of each other. The team that gets consistency from the QB wins. SJR QB has all the tools, athleticism, size, strong arm, can make all the throws, but hasn't put it all together consistently.  SJR will need him to win games for them this year; which he didnt have to do last year. He was great at not losing games last year, but this year he has to take the next step. He has got to be able to take his team down the field and win games for them this year. If he can be that guy Joe's will be hard to beat. We'll get our first look this weekend. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

This is a really interesting game. Will it be streamed?

Bro do what i did... check the couch ur car and around the house for change and cash it in for a prepaid card For that NHFS stream so you can watch all games all year. I don’t like putting my debit card number so they can keep redoing my subscription 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

True season is young. Won’t be a shock and the defensive game plan for SJR he’ll probably get his opportunity.

Sjr has stout D and they got the ammunition to achieve great things on Offense but it takes time to Gel as a team and to get on same Mental mindset, gotta play for the game plan and not for your stats, They Got a stud kicker so there’s a chance joes punts and Field goals at every opportunity and let Defense play with Field position