CalPreps Ratings vs. GAs OOS Game Performance - Weeks 0-7

ECHS05

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With all respect, wasn't Colquitt overrated coming into teh year given all that has gone on?

Marietta, McEachern, Hillgrove, Lowndes, and the winner of Colquitt/Valdosta.

I saw you said Marietta is the #1 team in GA. Theyll have to prove it in the next few weeks... Beating SJP doesnt make them #1.

And having a number side your name means absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Marietta, McEachern, Hillgrove, Lowndes, and the winner of Colquitt/Valdosta.

I saw you said Marietta is the #1 team in GA. Theyll have to prove it in the next few weeks... Beating SJP doesnt make them #1.

And having a number side your name means absolutely nothing.

Valdosta is not top 5 in Georgia and tonight will never change that. My goodness dude sometimes I wonder about you 🤣🤣

You didn’t have Valdosta top 10 yesterday. Don’t let one result let alone one quarter change your perception. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea... That may change by seasons end... 

Valdosta is looking pretty good... 

Coach Rodemaker finally got it together... 

They’re getting outscored 14-0 this quarter and will LOSE this game. They haven’t been a top five team in Georgia in a long time

yall are such prisoner of the moment

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Valdosta is not top 5 in Georgia and tonight will never change that. My goodness dude sometimes I wonder about you 🤣🤣

You didn’t have Valdosta top 10 yesterday. Don’t let one result let alone one quarter change your perception. 

Valdostas looked pretty good so far.

Dont let recent history skew your perception. If Valdosta beats Colquitt they deserve consideration.

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You really feel like a Valdosta win over colquitt wouldn't put them in the top 5 after tonight? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Valdosta is not top 5 in Georgia and tonight will never change that. My goodness dude sometimes I wonder about you 🤣🤣🤣

We all do.

It's even wilder if you go back and read his post from previous weeks. 

He had Colquitt #1 in GA in the preseason. Bitched at Marietta being in teh national top 25! 

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You really feel like a Valdosta win over colquitt wouldn't put them in the top 5 after tonight? 

It probably would put them in the top 5 of the state polls yes but not in my eyes. Valdosta would have needed to GROW A LOT as a program for me to think they’ll beat McEachern, Marietta, Archer, Grayson, Lowndes, Hillgrove etc. They’ve played good for two weeks but did ANYONE have them in consideration before tonight? If the answer is no, then no, I don’t think we should move forward with one result from a team that quite frankly hasn’t earned it. 

Their state championship team a few years ago lost by three touchdowns at home to a Colquitt team that was MERCY RULED at home in the playoffs by Grayson. 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

It probably would put them in the top 5 of the state polls yes but not in my eyes. Valdosta would have needed to GROW A LOT as a program for me to think they’ll beat McEachern, Marietta, Archer, Grayson, Lowndes, Hillgrove etc. They’ve played good for two weeks but did ANYONE have them in consideration before tonight? If the answer is no, then no, I don’t think we should move forward with one result from a team that quite frankly hasn’t earned it. 

Their state championship team a few years ago lost by three touchdowns at home to a Colquitt team that was MERCY RULED at home in the playoffs by Grayson. 

All these teams have earned a top 5 ranking? What have they done? I just don't see what you see in these particular teams that warrants them to be in the top 5. Valdosta's win over colquitt would be more impressive than any of these team's victories outside of Marietta's win over SJP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

All these teams have earned a top 5 ranking? What have they done? I just don't see what you see in these particular teams that warrants them to be in the top 5. Valdosta's win over colquitt would be more impressive than any of these team's victories outside of Marietta's win over SJP.

I don’t rank teams on their wins. We can leave that to ESPN and the playoff committee. I rank teams on who’s the best. From top dog all the way down. Who’s the baddest in the land. 

valdosta has not been that team ONCE in my lifetime. Why would they start tonight? They’re probably not going to win against a team that spotted them 21

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I don’t rank teams on their wins. We can leave that to ESPN and the playoff committee. I rank teams on who’s the best. From top dog all the way down. Who’s the baddest in the land. 

valdosta has not been that team ONCE in my lifetime. Why would they start tonight? They’re probably not going to win against a team that spotted them 21

They weren't that team even in 2016? Just in 6A? 

9 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

They weren't that team even in 2016? Just in 6A? 

You can go back through the threads but I truly believed Tucker was the better team that year. I wholeheartedly picked them in our thread and was shocked they lost the way they did. 

But screw it! they were the top dog in 6A. Let’s rank them overall: Grayson and Roswell were CLEARY better than Valdosta in 2016. Not even close. So that has them #3 in state. But wait they lost by 21 at home to Colquitt. So now we’re down to at least #4.

Now we gotta keep in mind Colquitt lost five games that year but dogged them in Valdosta. I mean that was the worst Packer team in 10 years and they dropped 45 on the Cats!! Are we sure they run a 7A schedule? I’m sure as hell Not 

They've just never been a top 5 team in my prime. Their best years were before me