CalPreps Ratings vs. GAs OOS Game Performance - Weeks 0-7

ECHS05

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You can go back through the threads but I truly believed Tucker was the better team that year. I wholeheartedly picked them in our thread and was shocked they lost the way they did. 

But screw it! they were the top dog in 6A. Let’s rank them overall as #1 in 6A: Grayson and Roswell were CLEARY better than Valdosta in 2016. Not even close. So that has them #3 in state. But wait they lost by 21 at home to Colquitt. So now we’re down to at least #4.

Now we gotta keep in mind Colquitt lost five games that year but dogged them in Valdosta. I mean that was the worst Packer team in 10 years. Are we sure they run a 7A schedule? I’m sure as hell born Should when keep going? 

They've just never been a top 5 team in my prime. Their best years were before me 

I agree with 98% of what you said, but i think you gotta look closely at how they lost to that colquitt team in 2016. Kinda misleading when you see the score. 

Valdosta doesn't get the same respect because they're not what they used to be, so until they go back to their glory days, they'll never get that same respect.....unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

GA passed OH in Freeman’s state rating list... anyone want to see If GA outperformed?  :)  

OH will be tough to beat with a stronger SOS, but GA takes a round by the smallest of margins.  

I also want to point something out....

Milton was ranked 34th in GA before Friday and had a 33.3 rating. 

Due to how well Georgia outperformed this week... 34th now has a 38.2 rating (a +4.9 rating jump for that ranking)... And a 33.3 would now make you 46th in GA... 12 spots lower than last week.

State scaling indeed.

If Valdosta and Colquitt played again this week, who do you take in the rematch? 

What about a best 2 out of 3? 

I think Valdosta is pretty durn good, but, they had a lot of things go just right, especially in the first quarter. The forced fumble, scoop and score on thr first offensive play of the game for Colquitt was one. 

33 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I also want to point something out....

Milton was ranked 34th in GA before Friday and had a 33.3 rating. 

Due to how well Georgia outperformed this week... 34th now has a 38.2 rating (a +4.9 rating jump for that ranking)... And a 33.3 would now make you 46th in GA... 12 spots lower than last week.

State scaling indeed.

After watching Milton in person, I think Calpreps is being generous to Ga.  If Milton is a reflection of the playoff teams in their highest division then they are all pretty mediocre.  Typical good HS team but not close to Elite or WCAC/Trinity League top levels

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Obviously Colquitt. Which is why I’d never rank Valdosta over them let alone in my top 5 in state. No one ranked App St over Michigan in 07. Upsets happen 

Same viewpoint from me. 

That is the only really positive viewpoint that the national board has rubbed off onto me. I no longer look at placing teams specifically by wins and losses, especially when the score is as close as the Colquitt/Valdosta game was. 

It took a trick play on a p.a.t. and a missed fg attempt by the CC kicker to hold off Colquitt when Valdosta basically got spotted 21 points in the first quarter. 

I can't see putting Valdosta ahead of Colquitt in a pick em next week. 

10 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I also don’t understand how people can make excuses for Marietta’s loss. Say you’ll pick them over Grayson in the rematch. And then rank them 5th narrowly above Valdosta behind Hillgrove, Grayson, etc. Shit just doesn’t make sense

It's the same Marietta we've been seeing for the last couple of years. 

I admit I was surprised that Grayson took them out, but, definitely figured they would lose somewhere along the way. Grayson is interesting this year. They are going through the same type situatuon as Colquitt. Fairly talented, change at the Head Coach position leaving a lot of questions. Grinding through some games early.  Similar situations. 

Can't wait for Grayson to get down here to the pen. A lot of questions start getting answers and the pecking order of the state gets a little more solid. 

46 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

After watching Milton in person, I think Calpreps is being generous to Ga.  If Milton is a reflection of the playoff teams in their highest division then they are all pretty mediocre.  Typical good HS team but not close to Elite or WCAC/Trinity League top levels

Didnt we all say Milton was not good this year?

No one damn sure ever said they were elite.

What dont you get about they lost their QB and every single skill player starter from last year.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

We all know they were going vanilla so JSerra wouldnt see their plays.  It was a trap game for Milton as well.  Anyone could see that

This was Georgias #31 vs Californias #8.

And the GA team traveled 2,500 miles.

And we both know they shouldve actually won the way they controlled the game.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This was Georgias #31 vs Californias #8.

And the GA team traveled 2,500 miles.

And we both know they shouldve actually won the way they controlled the game.

Trust me JSerra is NOT Calif #8.  Maybe not even #18 or #28.  This was not a good team, and the difference between the teams in that game vs. the next game was palpable.