CalPreps Ratings vs. GAs OOS Game Performance - Weeks 0-7

ECHS05

Its very apparent CalPreps/Ned isnt going to fix their screw up that dropped all Georgia teams, seemingly due to a scrimmage that didnt count. So its time to keep up with how badly Georgia teams outplay their predictions... 

The better idea would be to put them in category by state, since a states teams are scaled together essentially... But this is just for a general overall view for now ....

** I threw in the score prediction for fun. What Im using to get the difference are the Ratings of each team compared to the actual score **

Ned, my campaign to burn your credibility has been reignited.

CP Prediction: Fort Dorchester SC 38, Glynn Academy GA 12 ... (GA -26)

Rating: Glynn Academy: 1.2 ; Fort Dorchester: 30.5 ... (GA -29.3)

Actual: Fort Dorchester SC 31, Glynn Academy GA 6 ... (GA -25)

Difference: GA outperforms by +4.3

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: Fairfield Central SC 31, Johns Creek GA 30 ... (GA -1)

Rating: Johns Creek: -7.9 ; Fairfield Central: 0.2 ... (GA -8.1)

Actual: Johns Creek GA 44, Fairfield Central SC 6 ... (GA +38)

Difference: GA outperforms by +46.1 (+50.4 in 2 games)

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: Lakeside (Evans) GA 27, Midland Valley SC 20 ... (GA +7)

Rating: Lakeside: -10.5 ; Midland Valley: -17.2 ... (GA +6.7)

Actual: Cancelled

Difference:

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: Union Co. FL 38, Lanier Co. GA 20 (GA -18)

Rating: Lanier Co.: -32.3 ; Union Co.: -8.9 ... (GA -23.4)

Actual: Union Co. FL 19, Lanier Co. GA 7 ... (GA -12)

Difference: GA outperforms by +11.4 (+61.8 in 3 games)

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: Abbeville SC 62, Lincoln Co. GA 0 (GA -62)

Rating: Lincoln Co.: -33.2 ; Abbeville: 29.7 ... (GA -62.9)

Actual: Abbeville SC 10, Lincoln Co. GA 7 ... (GA -3)

Difference: GA outperforms by +59.9 (+121.7 in 4 games)

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: Rockledge GA 40, Ware Co. GA 13 ... (GA -27)

Rating: Ware Co.: 8.6 ; Rockledge: 38.5 ... (GA -29.9)

Actual: Rockledge FL 19, Ware Co. GA 7 ... (GA -12)

Difference: GA outperforms by +17.9 (+139.6 in 5 games)

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: Bluffton SC 34, Screven Co. GA 21 ... (GA -13)

Rating: Screven Co.: -10.5 ; Bluffton: 4.6 ... (GA -15.1)

Actual: Screven Co. GA 44,  Bluffton SC 41... (GA +3)

Difference: GA outperforms by +18.1 (+157.7 in 6 games)

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

CP Prediction: North Augusta SC 27, Thomson GA 20 ... (GA -7)

Rating: Thomson: -7.4 ;  North Augusta: 4.6 ... (GA -12)

Actual: Thomson GA 26, North Augusta SC 0

Difference: GA outperforms by +38 ... (+195.7 in 7 games)

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

So Georgia outperformed by +195.7 points through 7 games in comparison to their CalPreps ratings... Thats about +27.96 ppg.

Basically GA is outperforming CalPreps ratings by about 4 TDs every game through Week 0.

They have Georgia where they prefer. 

It has nothing to do with which teams we think are the best, or even actually are the best. 

They admittedly predropped teams to where they prefer. @golfaddict1 actually posted the line where they admit that and showed the drop in ratings on multiple Georgia teams. 

All... I mean all of the original arguments about the CP being a fair unbiased source are toasted. 

Max Preps using that trash is where we should be concentrating our angst now as Max Preps is likely the go to source for a vast majority of folks seeking out a HSFB ranking. I know we all know it's CalPreps, but, average fans are being sold a boat made from window screen. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They have Georgia where they prefer. 

It has nothing to do with which teams we think are the best, or even actually are the best. 

They admittedly predropped teams to where they prefer. @golfaddict1 actually posted the line where they admit that and showed the drop in ratings on multiple Georgia teams. 

All... I mean all of the original arguments about the CP being a fair unbiased source are toasted. 

Max Preps using that trash is where we should be concentrating our angst now as Max Preps is likely the go to source for a vast majority of folks seeking out a HSFB ranking. I know we all know it's CalPreps, but, average fans are being sold a boat made from window screen. 

I think MaxPreps owns CalPreps & Ned runs it. If I read that correctly. 

I doubt theyll ever stop using CP.

Obsessive-compulsive disorder

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), and behaviors that drive them to do something over and over (compulsions).

Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts. But this only provides short-term relief. Not doing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety and distress.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

youll also notice in ALL 7 games... Georgia outperformed CalPreps. Not just a majority, but All.

So let me ask you,  from here going forward every single year no matter if there’s no all star teams in GA, the polls must have 5 Georgia  in top 100 or the poll sucks?? Like I feel like you want these polls to rank your team off the Brand name. Georgia because y’all had some legit squads a few years back 

14 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

So let me ask you,  from here going forward every single year no matter if there’s no all star teams in GA, the polls must have 5 Georgia  in top 100 or the poll sucks?? Like I feel like you want these polls to rank your team off the Brand name. Georgia because y’all had some legit squads a few years back 

Explain how the CP preview stated that Colquitt had the 25th toughest schedule in the country, and they estimated Colquitt to go 9 and 1 in the regular season finishing at 1st in their league and then they place them at 108. 

That's the type of stuff that has people digging deeper into their bull. 

That may be where Colquitt belongs. Idk. However, where is the logic? 25th toughest schedule and expected by this very ranking to finish with 1 loss but ranked at 108. They did move then up to the 70s eventually, but, even then... 

The look is bad. 

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Explain how the CP preview stated that Colquitt had the 25th toughest schedule in the country, and they estimated Colquitt to go 9 and 1 in the regular season finishing at 1st in their league and then they place them at 108. 

That may be where Colquitt belongs. Idk. However, where is the logic? 25th toughest schedule and expected by this very ranking to finish with 1 loss but ranked at 108. They did move then up to the 70s eventually, but, even then... 

The look is bad. 

Like Momma always Told Me, You reap what you sow..... you should never have agreed to that Primetime KOC Game now you got ColumbiaKid contacting every Media outlet letting them know they almost beat y’all with half their team missing 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The look is bad. 

I have been saying this since 2005 or so, you need to use Cal in macro. 

you guys are just silly, needy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Not at all. Im not shooting for a specific #... Just dont go off the wall ridiculous setting GAs state scale so low it just looks biased. Have it scaled correctly... GAs average for OOS game performances should be close to -+0 ...  Its ok if its not exactly 0, but 28? Holy fuck, they should be embarrassed at that.

Im going to keep track going forward & see if it improves but I guarantee you , no other state even touches those numbers right now.

They moved it at the last second from where they had it in the Preseason.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I have been saying this since 2005 or so, you need to use Cal in macro. 

you guys are just silly, needy. 

You use to quote CalPreps verbatim... Unless you were proven to be completely wrong.

Lets not change your narrative now.

If their numbers are as off as Ive shown... Which clearly they are... Theres NO way you can look at it to compare teams nationally.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Not at all. Im not shooting for a specific #... Just dont go off the wall ridiculous setting GAs state scale so low it just looks biased. Have it scaled correctly... GAs average for OOS game performances should be close to -+0 ...  Its ok if its not exactly 0, but 28? Holy fuck, they should be embarrassed at that.

Im going to keep track going forward & see if it improves but I guarantee you , no other state even touches those numbers right now.

They moved it at the last second from where they had it in the Preseason.

Your speaking jibberish with all these plus and minuses and Scales wtf you talking about , Jesus it took me so long to get @golfaddict1 to simply his shit now I’m back to Square 1 with this shit

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You use to quote CalPreps verbatim... Unless you were proven to be completely wrong.

Lets not change your narrative now.

If their numbers are as off as Ive shown... Which clearly they are... Theres NO way you can look at it to compare teams nationally.

Are you ever gonna put out your own top 100 or u just gonna criticizeNed All morning  

59 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

@ECHS05 The obsession with your perception of GA being slighted in any way is ridiculous. Move on. 

I just gave indisputable, cold hard numerical facts that GA is indeed undervalued based on their performance.

There is no argument or disputing it otherwise. Its there in verifiable numbers.

• Thanks 1