States trending down

abbatt

You can`t be a National top 100 team with an OF line that averages 255 lbs and a def line of 225 like Loyola has. this year. They used to be a lot bigger.....not sure what has happened.Outside of SJP....PA is way down and IN has been trending down for the last 5 years. As for NJ...outside of 3-5 teams they don`t have much after that.Can`t comment on other states because i don`t follow them much.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

New Jersey 

The SJB/Don Bosco outcome was what people expected so that shouldn’t move the needle either way for NJ. The game today against JSerra and SJR on the other hand will. SJR is rightfully favored but JSerra will test them and I wouldn’t be surprised if JSerra wins a close game. It’s a no win situation for NJ because they are supposed to win this game, but wouldn’t bode well for NJ if it’s top team loses to the 3rd best team in the Trinity league.

I for one am looking forward to a good game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The SJB/Don Bosco outcome was what people expected so that shouldn’t move the needle either way for NJ. The game today against JSerra and SJR on the other hand will. SJR is rightfully favored but JSerra will test them and I wouldn’t be surprised if JSerra wins a close game. It’s a no win situation for NJ because they are supposed to win this game, but wouldn’t bode well for NJ if it’s top team loses to the 3rd best team in the Trinity league.

I for one am looking forward to a good game. 

JSerra has two big advantages.

1.  Already have a game under their belt.

2.  Playing in So Cal.

If SJR can overcome those, then I will tip my hat to them (and lose my $$ bet)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Florida is one bad loss away from trending down. (But its early)  Fortunately the bad call against DLS saved them for awhile.

You say this every year

Keep in mind that very rarely are the FL vs OOS matchups even close to being even

It's normally teams from 20-80 range facing teams from other states in their top 5

9 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The SJB/Don Bosco outcome was what people expected so that shouldn’t move the needle either way for NJ.

I disagree.

Expected or not, it definitely moves the needle because it's no longer theory. NJ is too thin at the top (to few teams in the national conversation) to not be hurt by a bad loss, expected or not. 

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

You can`t be a National top 100 team with an OF line that averages 255 lbs and a def line of 225 like Loyola has. this year. 

DLS has a piece of 13 MNCs since ‘94 and I think maybe one of those teams was AS LARGE as Loyola 

may not be able to win MNCs anymore but there’s lots of room in top 100 for a team with that size 

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Florida is one bad loss away from trending down. (But its early)  Fortunately the bad call against DLS saved them for awhile.

I’m gonna say it.

FLORIDA IS TRENDING DOWN!!!!!!!

Florida doesn’t have an elite team. No one close to a Mater Dei,  SJB, SFA etc. 

No marquee OOS wins outside of STA winning against DLS. 

Embarrassing blowouts by Miami Central, Deerfield Beach, Cocoa, AHP And Southridge. Armwood has a chance to step up and they shit the bed. 

Sammy I have seen the light!!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m gonna say it.

Embarrassing blowouts by Miami Central, Deerfield Beach, Cocoa, AHP And Southridge. Armwood has a chance to step up and they shit the bed. 

All those results were expected and called on my end during my podcast

Smh 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I disagree.

Expected or not, it definitely moves the needle because it's no longer theory. NJ is too thin at the top (to few teams in the national conversation) to not be hurt by a bad loss, expected or not. 

Having seen Dematha and Bosco, I can say the Dematha looked like a "National Team" and DBP looked like a D-3/4 public school team in So Cal.  DBP would be the smallest team in the Trinity League, by far.  I am not saying this to be mean, just stating facts as I saw them.

DBP was undersized on both lines.  No explosiveness on either side of the ball. 

Offensively, they were much slower than the SJB defense, and kept trying to run sweeps, and losing yardage.

Defensively, they sold out to stop the runs, but they did not have the corners to keep the big plays from happening.  Over and Over.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Having seen Dematha and Bosco, I can say the Dematha looked like a "National Team" and DBP looked like a D-3/4 public school team in So Cal.  DBP would be the smallest team in the Trinity League, by far.  I am not saying this to be mean, just stating facts as I saw them.

DBP was undersized on both lines.  No explosiveness on either side of the ball. 

Offensively, they were much slower than the SJB defense, and kept trying to run sweeps, and losing yardage.

Defensively, they sold out to stop the runs, but they did not have the corners to keep the big plays from happening.  Over and Over.

I watched. I know.

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You mean a playoff team in Oakleaf while only playing with 5 receivers

I think we did well actually, just look at how many points we put up this week

You threw in the word playoff team as if it holds any weight. I think last year a 0-9 team made the playoffs. Or the year before. Gadsden County.

If Columbia is supposed to be a state and nationally ranked team, then they dismantle teams like this 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m gonna say it.

Speaking of Armwood.... Ive not been able to find a single highlight of their game vs North Gwinnett. You got anything?!

57 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m gonna say it.

looks like teams from Dc/MD provided those beat downs...