Gonzaga vs.DBP

I AM IRONMAN

53 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Not expecting a win from DBP but how bad will it be? Did SJB get DBP ready for Zaga's size and speed?  Did a new punter transfer in for DBP?

It’s actually an advantage to have no punter....if my st joes math is still there.... instead of your team having 3downs to go 10 yards, which means your team must average 3.3333333 yards per play before you gotta kick it to the opposing team , now  if you say fuck the punter now you get 4 plays to go 10 yards which is only 2.5 yards per play... if your coach can consistently run plays to get 3 yards you win game hands down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s actually an advantage to have no punter....if my st joes math is still there.... instead of your team having 3downs to go 10 yards, which means your team must average 3.3333333 yards per play before you gotta kick it to the opposing team , now  if you say fuck the punter now you get 4 plays to go 10 yards which is only 2.5 yards per play... if your coach can consistently run plays to get 3 yards you win game hands down

Also known as the "Matt Logan".

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Not sure I would put speed and Gonzaga is the same sentence, what you have to worry about is that QB.  Best high school QB I’ve ever seen in that area. He will literally carve a defense apart. They also have the best coach in that area, he does so much more with less. 

This guy knows his stuff. Took the words right out my mouth. They run their program like Stanford. High IQ kids with about 5 kids that are hand picked from areas in need of opportunities. They are precision based.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m assuming he does that, does it actually work? 

IMO, that strategy has cost Logan at least a couple of championships.  Against Palo Alto in 10' and DLS in 15' I think.  I am sure it did work for him many more times than not but when it really mattered he should have gone for the fg in those games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, World Citizen said:

IMO, that strategy has cost Logan at least a couple of championships.  Against Palo Alto in 10' and DLS in 15' I think.  I am sure it did work for him many more times than not but when it really mattered he should have gone for the fg in those games.

Dead ass , he literally doesn’t punt? Ever? Dude that’s my new favorite coach 

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Dead ass , he literally doesn’t punt? Ever? Dude that’s my new favorite coach 

No, he punts when in his own territory.  It is when he is in the red zone he has opted to not kick a fg and imo it has cost him a few 'ships'.  I don't watch a lot of Cen10 games during the season so I can only speak about what I have seen.  He is 1000% better at coaching than I am, so there is that.  

12 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

There is a coach who coached Pulaski Academy AK... Kevin Kelley who truly never punts. There have been all kinds of articles on it. Never kicks either and doesn't return punts either and wins ships

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/team-never-punts/

ECA did that not many years ago too.