Thomasville vs Colquitt

Rufus69

Gurus...does Zach Grage have a plan for my poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs?

Will he have a secret power advising him tonight?

North Morven doesn't thinks so...but I've heard rumors.  I'm putting Hawg in charge of "nipping this in the bud" if he sees anything close to this outrage coming from the visitor's side.   I don't believe the GHSA has any sort of rule against it...but surely the Packer Touchdown Club does.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

The big storyline tonight at Mack Tharpe will be Justin Rogers' first ever home opener for Colquitt County. In front of the home crowd he will feel the pressure of the full brunt of what is Colquitt County Football. He has been the rounds. He has talked with a lot of groups. A lot of supporters of the program. He thinks he knows what it is. Tonight... Tonight it gets real. 

On paper it should be an easy win for Colquitt, but, on any given Friday a lot of stuff can happen. 

As a total aside, and on a more personal note, I get to take notice of all the familiar faces as they make their way to their seats again. I missed all those faces. I get to blow my keto diet on a world reknowned Lions Club Packer Snack Shack Hamburger or two. Of course a portion of the proceeds go to buying little kids in need eye glasses and that type of stuff. Worth killing a diet over even if the burger isn't. (the burger is though) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Interested to see how the offense rolls tonight. While I know the Packers will win, its HOW they win on offense I want to see

I still don't know if Rogers will open it up completely. There was a different feel around the practices this week though. Coach seemed  more laser focused on the task and less open to outside distraction than I've seen yet. 

Like he shut out all the noise completely. Idk. Just felt a little different is all. I think that was it. 

It was also a bye week last week which kinda blows to have that so early and before what is deemed as one of the softest opponents. Would rather have had that right before region play or at least later in the season. 

I kind of wonder if we can't accidentally put up big numbers tonight or not though. Certainly want to see the little guys getting into some games late. That's been the butter for the bread over the last few years. Having those kids ready for the next year. Gotta have some comfortable leads for that though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Close. 45-3

Colquitt should have put 60 on the board. Too many mental errors still. Stupid penalties. It seems like it's been like that for 3 or 4 years. 

I would blame it on the refs but, there was no 40 second clocks vs 25 second clocks at all. There was however a running clock. 

Different ballgame next week at Bazemore-Hyder. Rodemaker and the gang been killing it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Loved Tville when Charlie Ward was their QB. 

Different Tville. That was Central. They beat this same Tville team last week. 

Thomas County Central no longer runs that antiquated veer offense from the Charlie Ward days. The side road to the school is actually Charlie Ward Blvd. though. Great multi-sport athlete. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt should have put 60 on the board. Too many mental errors still. Stupid penalties. It seems like it's been like that for 3 or 4 years. 

I would blame it on the refs but, there was no 40 second clocks vs 25 second clocks at all. There was however a running clock. 

Different ballgame next week at Bazemore-Hyder. Rodemaker and the gang been killing it. 

That damn 40 second play clock....lolololololol.

But yeah, Colquitt vs Valdosta is gonna be a good one.

• Like 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Sounds about right. It's only right that we return the favor after y'all embarrassed us on our home field last year.

I just hope we're 3 and 0 when y'all show up and 4 and 0 when y'all taking that long green mile back to Houston County. 

Then Grayson the week following. 

Then we have to play "bye" again... well Alcovy. 

• Haha 2