Why these Mater Dei Transfers caught DLS Attn:

Texasfrog

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Don’t assume that as a reason for program success.  I believe they are just good at leveraging the rules to their benefit 

There is no way years in and years out the same schools are dominating for such an extensive time. Bitches aren't popping out babies in the same regions that's so much more talented than others for 15-20 years straight. Rules are bend and even broken to keep brand relevancy.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kalven said:

There is no way years in and years out the same schools are dominating for such an extensive time. Bitches aren't popping out babies in the same regions that's so much more talented than others for 15-20 years straight. Rules are bend and even broken to keep brand relevancy.

Kids go to schools from word of mouth.  As an ex.  by now kids in Texas know that Allen is a powerhouse so parents when given the opportunity to move do so when little joe is in el school so that he can already be in the district.  And little joe and his pee wee FB studs do the same thing.  Not just TX but anywhere.  

Cheating probably happens some but I don’t think it’s the MAIN reason for success. 

Just now, The Colonel said:

What about the kids that grew up in Allen but have absolutely no chance to ever see the field playing for their local high school, because it’s a one-school town that locals refuse to build another high school in?

Well, they never play if they remain at Allen.   But they too have a chance to move out and go elsewhere, which has happened too 

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

So an advantage that many other programs don't have.

They still play without what they got that live with in the district lines vs recruiting so called elite talent from other schools who would never attend these schools because they don't fit academically or financially.  IMO almost every Power Private has sold out their values for winning football games.

You have to admit there is X-amount of kids that are playing football in private schools who would not qualify academically or financially if it wasn't for football.

Just now, Texasball said:

They still play without what they got that live with in the district lines vs recruiting so called elite talent from other schools who would never attend these schools because they don't fit academically or financially.

So, again, as long as someone lives in Allen's district (regardless of how they got there or where they came from) it's peachy keen.

Which proves that you don't actually care about homegrown or any of that nonsense.

You're just being dishonest as usual.

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It not automatic even at open district.  See the three kids who tried transferring to Skyline.

do able if the athlete transfers during Jr High or prior to playing varsity football.

I wasn’t saying it was automatic acceptance, only that physically moving is not necessary for transferring to a private school or an open district. 

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So, again, as long as someone lives in Allen's district (regardless of how they got there or where they came from) it's peachy keen.

Which proves that you don't actually care about homegrown or any of that nonsense.

You are making assumptions again...Just stop!

Allen is not open enrollment.  To be in that school regardless if you are just student, band member, or football player - You most show proof residency.  I do it every year for my kids.  

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

There's no need for open enrollment because there's only one school. Everybody in the district goes there. It's open enrollment by another name.

The only difference between them and the schools they compete against in Texas is they are at the top of the food chain when it comes to enrollment numbers.  They play with the kids who live in the district!  There nothing else to it!

32 minutes ago, The Guru said:

They got there because their family moved there...The reason they moved there is not my concern!  This is not some poor rental type area to move in either.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And people manipulate the rules, or move there for athletic purposes, just so they can play football at Allen.

Again, you don't really care about homegrown. That's why you use move-ins instead of transfers.

Call it what you want - nobody truly cares!  It's pot luck and is why they have only won one state title since the Kyler Murray years and why the team this year doesn't seem to be at the level of even last year.  Still it will take really good team to beat them!

21 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

You are referencing the wrong school. St John College HS is from the District of Columbia. And they played Duncanville.

St John Bosco is from Bellflower CA.

I was not referencing the wrong school. I was giving an example on how private school enrollment numbers are irrelevant.   the la part was in response to guru comparing bosco to the whole katy school district

• Like 1