Georgia HSFB scoreboard. Archer 28 Buford 29 OT Final.

TheMaximumHornetSting

I'ma go ahead and post this here @PrepGridiron can I get it pinned? 

Last week was the week of Butterfingers as several top teams where plagued with Fumbles and dropped passes...  Milton pulled out one over Roswell... Barely... Milton won't be winning state for sure though. 

A slight recap of last week:

7A: Lowndes and Mceachern are slightly above everyone else. Lowndes proved that they may be a threat after all after dominating MNW. And Mceachern choked Collins Hill. But Lowndes win was much more impressive over a much better team than C.Hill. 

6A: it's anybody's game

5A: Buford, Carrollton and Warner Robins are looking good 1 of these 3 will win 5A for sure... 

4A: I think Marist could win it all this year they're looking strong.

3A: and here it is my Sting of the week goes to Calhoun. Probably a favorite to win 3A up there with CG and Peach County. Calhoun struggled against North Murray and lost to a region opponent for the first time since 2001. They lost 24-7 they turned the ball over multiple times in their own 20 and suffered for it as North Murray scores on nearly every turnover they recovered... And Calhoun just couldn't get back in it. And for a lackluster performance Calhoun gets THEMAXIMUMHORNETSTING

2A: has been quiet since Benedictine moved to 3A. But I'm banking on either Callaway or Heard County winning that  class. 

1A Public: the Region of Doom is gonna take it again. @Frosty4024 you might get to see Irwin vs Clinch again if they both make it this will literally be the 4th year in a row they've met in the state finals. Irwin leads the series all time something like 41-37-3 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'ma go ahead and post this here @PrepGridiron can I get it pinned? 

Last week was the week of Butterfingers as several top teams where plagued with Fumbles and dropped passes...  Milton pulled out one over Roswell... Barely... Milton won't be winning state for sure though. 

A slight recap of last week:

7A: Lowndes and Mceachern are slightly above everyone else. Lowndes proved that they may be a threat after all after dominating MNW. And Mceachern choked Collins Hill. But Lowndes win was much more impressive over a much better team than C.Hill. 

6A: it's anybody's game

5A: Buford, Carrollton and Warner Robins are looking good 1 of these 3 will win 5A for sure... 

4A: I think Marist could win it all this year they're looking strong.

3A: and here it is my Sting of the week goes to Calhoun. Probably a favorite to win 3A up there with CG and Peach County. Calhoun struggled against North Murray and lost to a region opponent for the first time since 2001. They lost 24-7 they turned the ball over multiple times in their own 20 and suffered for it as North Murray scores on nearly every turnover they recovered... And Calhoun just couldn't get back in it. And for a lackluster performance Calhoun gets THEMAXIMUMHORNETSTING

2A: has been quiet since Benedictine moved to 3A. But I'm banking on either Callaway or Heard County winning that  class. 

1A Public: the Region of Doom is gonna take it again. @Frosty4024 you might get to see Irwin vs Clinch again if they both make it this will literally be the 4th year in a row they've met in the state finals. Irwin leads the series all time something like 41-37-3 

I mean...who there can stop them?

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

I mean...who there can stop them?

The thing is Irwin and Clinch have coaches that where once in higher classes and they run stuff that normally bigger teams would run. As such these 1A schools that they play with never can adjust... 

Clinch lost last week to Irwin in a defensive thriller. 14-0 Irwin didn't score until the 4th Qtr. 

Clinch also has a 3* & a 4* player that are showing out for them. 

But there are 2 teams they gotta watch out for Taylor County HS and Turner HS. Turner HS is in the same region as Irwin and Clinch. 

Taylor County actually has a lot of returning starters and a couple of 3*s (I think 3) and a 4*. Taylor has been threatening to get over the hump for years now but they can never get past Clinch or Irwin they literally have been the only thing stopping them. But they might do it this year. 

5 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Lmao how are Lowndes and McEachern above the rest? Because they’re undefeated through five weeks? Stop it 

Honestly idk what to make of 7A this year. It's not bad or anything. But I should reword what I said. Lowndes, Mceachern,Grayson,North Gwinnett,Marietta and Colquitt seem better than the rest. But Marietta losing to Grayson like they did doesn't sit well with me. And I'm convinced Cobb county schools are cursed when it comes to football. 

I'm also not sold on Hillgrove. 

Colquitt is snakebit in the injury department.  We can't seem to keep our guys healthy.  We lost a VERY important O-Lineman this week in practice.  Add him to the growing number of Blackhats that are out.  We may just play Grayson with our 9th grade.  I think they won yesterday.  

Honestly, we have at least (2) out for the year and several others out for multiple weeks.  I don't blame HawgGoneIt....but I'm leaning in that direction.  I mean...give him ONE THING to do while I'm  on Amelia......(Smile).

Rufus>>

19 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

3 biggest games in Georgia tonight:

Valdosta vs Lowndes

Grayson vs Colquitt

Archer vs Buford or Northside vs Warner Robins 

I'd say 4 because Northside vs WR will be telling for both teams. 

It'll tell us rather Northside is in a stable condition or not. And rather Warner Robins can gun for the 5A title because Bainbridge ain't winning 5A this year.... 

I just saw that they struggled with 2A Brooks County...  And escaped 27-26 with a win. 

But 1A Clinch county destroyed Brooks 38-14 the week prior. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'd say 4 because Northside vs WR will be telling for both teams. 

It'll tell us rather Northside is in a stable condition or not. And rather Warner Robins can gun for the 5A title because Bainbridge ain't winning 5A this year.... 

I just saw that they struggled with 2A Brooks County...  And escaped 27-26 with a win. 

But 1A Clinch county destroyed Brooks 38-14 the week prior. 

I agree. I have WR winning tonight mainly because they have the perfect style to shut down Northside's offense (which is run dominant and WR has a great run defense).

And yeah, if you're struggling with teams from the lower classifications, ain't no way in hell you're winning your own classification.......Bainbridge. 

39 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I agree. I have WR winning tonight mainly because they have the perfect style to shut down Northside's offense (which is run dominant and WR has a great run defense).

And yeah, if you're struggling with teams from the lower classifications, ain't no way in hell you're winning your own classification.......Bainbridge. 

I wouldn't say that in particular. I think of you're losing to a top team from a lower class that's acceptable and not as bad. 

Let's say Valdosta lost to Buford.  Buford is consistently a top 2 5A team that's not a bad look. But if Valdosta is out here losing to 2A Berrien who is at the bottom of 2A consistently that's a awful look... 

And Brooks is not good this year. And Bainbridge struggled with them while Clinch County took care of business.... That's a bad look... 

43 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I mean they're losing and an L isn't good. But I'd rather lose to Buford than lose to Duluth. You get what I'm trying to say? 

I feel you. I just noticed a trend with Bainbridge this year.....with them going life and death against teams from smaller classifications (Cairo, Brooks County). They have Crisp County tonight, so if they struggle with them, then we have a problem down in Bearcat Country. 

Oh yeah, Northside went life and death against Baldwin (4a team who's 0-5) winning 33-28. That's very alarming if I'm a Northside fan. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I feel you. I just noticed a trend with Bainbridge this year.....with them going life and death against teams from smaller classifications (Cairo, Brooks County). They have Crisp County tonight, so if they struggle with them, then we have a problem down in Bearcat Country. 

Oh yeah, Northside went life and death against Baldwin (4a team who's 0-5) winning 33-28. That's very alarming if I'm a Northside fan. 

I remember on the Georgia Boards some of the Northside fans where talking about Northside this year would be down a notch or two... And it's showing. 

I got some Thursday scores but none of them are really important... Outside of Callaway who is a contender for the 2A state title... They've been blowing out their competition. But Heard County is gonna be a stiff test for em. As well as whoever comes out of Region 1-2A. Most likely Fitzgerald or Thomasville. I'm a bit behind on the situations in 2A. 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But at the same time they talking about how they gonna whoop WR's ass tonight....lol. 

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But at the same time they talking about how they gonna whoop WR's ass tonight....lol. 

You know rivalries man... 

But I feel like the Demons take it tonight. They're more consistent than Northside this year. 

• Like 1