Georgia HSFB scoreboard. Archer 28 Buford 29 OT Final.

TheMaximumHornetSting

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Carrollton 44 

East Paulding 7 

Colquitt 31 

Grayson 7 

Lowndes 24 

Valdosta 0 

Bainbridge 14

Crisp Co. 9 

Warner robins 39 

Northside WR 0 

West Forsyth 49

Mcallie(TN) 0 

1. There goes Bainbridge struggling with another team from a lower classification...smh. 

2. Lowndes is LEGIT LEGIT. 

3. The Grayson victory over Marietta now looks like a fluke after colquitt beat them down. 

4. Warner Robins vs Buford is the 5a title game. I thought Buford would be ass this year, but they look like the Buford of old.

5. Keep an eye out for Mill Creek. They're flying under the radar. They MIGHT be a dangerous team come playoff time. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Parkview 16 

Milton 7 

Roswell 28 

Wheeler 0 

Newnan 10 

Walton 7-Wow

Milk Creek 58 

Duluth 0 

Meadow Creek 42 

Lakeside 0 

Norcross 56 

Central Gwinnett 31 

North Gwinnett 52 

Discovery 0 

Newnan is decent bro, coming up.. the talk among the coaches at Buford is that Newnan is for real and knew it going in.

BGW

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why? 

The rankings had Marietta at 1. Of course, I always argued they had done nothing historically... fast forward a couple of weeks, Grayson clips em.

Grayson goes to one, fast forward a couple of weeks and Grayson loses to Colquitt. 

Lowndes beats the team that Colquitt lost to and probably is concensus 1. 

McEachern hasn't historically done shit, haven't played any serious contender yet, but, it's ok... move them to 1 or 2. New coach. 

Look like another Marietta to me from down here.  

Yeah, there's some merit here... but I like the established culture and Coach Stephens(McEachern) I'll give that a nod over a pop up any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

BGW

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

1. There goes Bainbridge struggling with another team from a lower classification...smh. 

2. Lowndes is LEGIT LEGIT. 

3. The Grayson victory over Marietta now looks like a fluke after colquitt beat them down. 

4. Warner Robins vs Buford is the 5a title game. I thought Buford would be ass this year, but they look like the Buford of old.

5. Keep an eye out for Mill Creek. They're flying under the radar. They MIGHT be a dangerous team come playoff time. 

You were thinking through your ass you mean.

You're welcome.

BGW

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, there's some merit here... but I like the established culture and Coach Stephens(McEachern) I'll give that a nod over a pop up any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

BGW

Coach Stephens is no doubt a good coach and a culture change may be all that McEachern needed. Tough to say yet. They've looked the part, but, they haven't been tested against any contenders. 

I do like them. Just tough to want to put them ahead of teams that have played much tougher schedules already. 

I'm sure that most of the state polls have it Lowndes-McEachern or McEachern-Lowndes. Then, who knows the order they end up with after that. 

Kinda tough to argue against that 1 and 2 in any order at this point unless you lift the hood and start really looking. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Honestly, it has to be Lowndes 1 and Colquitt 2, Marietta 3. Nothing else makes sense. 

After that... anybody's guess. 

Quite a few teams could be argued for. 

Hawg....I had to apologize to the Blackhats.  They obviously took offense to my insinuations that they were "lacking".  They played like the Blackhats of old.  When you hold a national power like Grayson on a goal line stand....uh huh...that's right...we bad...(Smile).

Jaycee Harden...all our WRs...MR. DAIJUN EDWARDS... our poor, tiny, little undersized O-Line....and our special teams.   WOW.  JUST FRIGGING......WOW.

I thought we had a chance...a chance...but the Green Meanies never knew what hit'em.

That's Packer Football.

As an aside....there is no joy in Hendersonville...the Velvet Voice is wiped out.  I feel his pain.  This is the guy who actually said on the airwaves....he'd pull for the Taliban before he'd EVER pull for Lowndes.  LOL...LOL.

High school football in South Georgia.  It don't get no better......

Rufus>>

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hawg....I had to apologize to the Blackhats.  They obviously took offense to my insinuations that they were "lacking".  They played like the Blackhats of old.  When you hold a national power like Grayson on a goal line stand....uh huh...that's right...we bad...(Smile).

Jaycee Harden...all our WRs...MR. DAIJUN EDWARDS... our poor, tiny, little undersized O-Line....and our special teams.   WOW.  JUST FRIGGING......WOW.

I thought we had a chance...a chance...but the Green Meanies never knew what hit'em.

That's Packer Football.

As an aside....there is no joy in Hendersonville...the Velvet Voice is wiped out.  I feel his pain.  This is the guy who actually said on the airwaves....he'd pull for the Taliban before he'd EVER pull for Lowndes.  LOL...LOL.

High school football in South Georgia.  It don't get no better......

Rufus>>

I have no doubt that the defense was fired up. It helps that Grayson isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut this season, but, they've been able to impose their will on others. Just not our Blackhats.

Looks like, slipping in those extra few minutes of practice here and there this week paid dividends. Having both ends back on defense and Kubiak back close to 100% certainly changes the way the defense looks. 

I knew that Valdosta couldn't beat Lowndes at home. There was a chance that they have everything go exactly right and they get them, but, alas, there was no full harvest moon and it wasn't Friday the 13th. 

The Packer offense is a joy to watch. A joy. I have to say, How Bout That O-Line! They seldom get any love. They're always viewed as smaller and not as worthy of notice. I love Barry at center. That's his natural position and he showed he is in full command when at the position, in spite of not having played many reps there this season. My hand wringing about losing Tre for the night turned out to be worry about nothing I guess. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Parkview defeated Milton 16-7 at Milton. 

Eagles offense sucks. We tried to tell folks this Milton team ain’t the same 

Nobody wanted to hear it.... 

@Sammyswordsman

@imaGoodBoyNow 

Just kept ignoring me.... "Show some pride,quit sandbagging"

But let me ask this... Would you feel confident if Corona HS and Hackensack played Colquitt? 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Nobody wanted to hear it.... 

@Sammyswordsman

@imaGoodBoyNow 

Just kept ignoring me.... "Show some pride,quit sandbagging"

But let me ask this... Would you feel confident if Corona HS and Hackensack played Colquitt? 

Do I gotta pull up the week 2 Georgia top 5  you posted, all the teams you listed lost

23 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Do I gotta pull up the week 2 Georgia top 5  you posted, all the teams you listed lost

What's that got to do with me saying Milton isn't that good this year? Week 2 would've proved my point because they lost to Buford.  And the game wasn't even as close as the score indicated. Buford was beating them 26-10 until the very end of the 4th QTR... 

So yes pull up the week 2 top 5... Then tell me what we're looking for. 

Week 2 Marietta won against SJP 

Colquitt won...  

Lowndes won...

Milton won't be in the week 2 top 5 or any week top 5. 

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I told yall Grayson beating Marietta was a fluke right when it happened...

ATL is too buddy buddy with Grayson/KW to see that.

Grayson plummeted at Cal Preps. From the top 30 to 104. 

Oh Woe is them. 

I will say this, Grayson has a solid defense. Colquitt is just an offensive murder show this year when they need to be. Too many weapons to cover for most defenses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

To me....  Not just 7A, but the state.. 

1. Lowndes

2. McEachern

3. Colquitt

4. Marietta

5. North Gwinnett

6. Hillgrove

7. Grayson

8. Valdosta

9. Parkview

10. Buford

11. Cedar Grove, Marist, Peach Co., Camden Co. Archer... Quite a few vying for this spot.

I'd love to see this year's Buford vs. Valdosta at Mercer University. 

Damn that would be a serious treat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Coach Stephens is no doubt a good coach and a culture change may be all that McEachern needed. Tough to say yet. They've looked the part, but, they haven't been tested against any contenders. 

I do like them. Just tough to want to put them ahead of teams that have played much tougher schedules already. 

I'm sure that most of the state polls have it Lowndes-McEachern or McEachern-Lowndes. Then, who knows the order they end up with after that. 

Kinda tough to argue against that 1 and 2 in any order at this point unless you lift the hood and start really looking. 

Damn, I was thinking you were gonna go with skirt....

BGW

• Haha 1