Baseball

ATLien12x

It was like slowing down to watch a car accident. When they brought Kershaw back out for the 8th I had a bad gut feeling. And sure enough! I stayed up to 1am for that and obviously didn’t sleep well. 

Always next season😭  Maybe the Lakers will do something this season. My only team that doesn’t let me down is the Monarchs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Y’all need That cokehead  that used to run full speed from bullpen  and who would throw fastballs right for the batters head

#BringBackRocker

350A166F-7FB3-49B8-AA2F-D56E71E6C1ED.gif

Maybe he'll even take the 7 train out to Queens for old time's sake. 

https://nypost.com/2000/06/21/rocker-ill-be-on-no-7/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2000-06-30-0006300332-story.html

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

Feel bad for Kershaw.  But, they lack a clutch hitter when the game is on the line too.

2 hours ago, legendsofthefall said:

34,374. The number of regular season pitches Kershaw made in his career and never allowed a home run on consecutive pitches. Then came last night. 

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

He deserved better.  He has been so good for so long.

Dave Roberts deserves some blame as well. I think this is the second time Clayton has given up back to back homers in post season.... never in the regular season. Sometimes these managers outthink themselves. Do what you did that got you there.  

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

What is it about the Twins and Yankees?Y’all play them like you are just looking for their autographs.

It's been this way since the turn of the century.    I recall Joe Nathan looking like he was scared on the mound in the last decade when pitching against the Yankees.    However, a lot of the issue in prior years was Ron Gardenhire.    His decisions cost us several games and Phil Cuzzi's call on a double in a critical game at Yankee Stadium cost us another series.     This year we were just playing bad in September and injuries to key players really took the wind out of our sails.

I'm ready for hockey season to get into full gear..... Because I can't take much more of every other sport for much longer... 

10 hours ago, Bormio said:

No it is worse.  The Sox at least competed.  Even good Twins teams fold up like a cheap suit vs the Yanks.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I guess that I am relegated to rooting for the Rays. That's my closest to home team left in.

Dammit all to hell. xD