Servite 34 - JSerra 21 (F)

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

It’s not really a mess. Texas chooses state champions to play. The rankings concept went clear out the window when a defending state champion, National championship seeking, preseason MaxPreps #1 waltzed into Texas and left with a 80 - 26 loss, only for that Texas team to nearly lose in the quarterfinals; survive 28 - 24.
Trail the entire game except for the final play in the semifinals; survive 41 - 40.
Then, lose in the 6A Division 1 state championship to a team I believe making its’ first state championship appearance 28 - 24.

All while that team went back to their state and won 14 straight to win their state championship.

Quality of the team > “Ranking”

I was referring to the 'lately' comment GSB thru out when it wasn't lately at all.  4 years removed is hardly lately.  

Who was it that waltzed in #1 and left with a 80-26 loss?  Are you talking about DLS?  If so the '80' must be a typo.  And by 'waltzed in', do you mean flew in and laced em up and played?  Or do you mean to say that DLS walked in like they were the greatest team ever?  Either way, it was a great game and both teams gave it their all.  Kudos to ET for winning that game.  

And I don't understand what you mean by your comment above in bold.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I was referring to the 'lately' comment GSB thru out when it wasn't lately at all.  4 years removed is hardly lately.  

Who was it that waltzed in #1 and left with a 80-26 loss?  Are you talking about DLS?  If so the '80' must be a typo.  And by 'waltzed in', do you mean flew in and laced em up and played?  Or do you mean to say that DLS walked in like they were the greatest team ever?  Either way, it was a great game and both teams gave it their all.  Kudos to ET for winning that game.  

And I don't understand what you mean by your comment above in bold.  

Shiloh Christian. They were MaxPreps Freeman #1 and Euless Trinity was the Xcellent #1. They were one of the teams in the running for Mythical National Champion.

De La Salle nearly won that game and clearly would’ve had they not been ridden with turnovers. As far as the bold, In the past Texas would frequently host defending state champions who were wanting to take on Texas teams to give their team a new experience and challenge themselves. It was pretty neat to see top state ranked teams put their best foot forward against Texas. 
It doesn’t happen that often anymore which is kind of a bummer but it’s become a thing of the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

It’s not really a mess. Texas chooses state champions to play. The rankings concept went clear out the window when a defending state champion, National championship seeking, preseason MaxPreps #1 waltzed into Texas and left with a 80 - 26 loss, only for that Texas team to nearly lose in the quarterfinals; survive 28 - 24.
Trail the entire game except for the final play in the semifinals; survive 41 - 40.
Then, lose in the 6A Division 1 state championship to a team I believe making its’ first state championship appearance 28 - 24.

All while that team went back to their state and won 14 straight to win their state championship.

Quality of the team > “Ranking”

Shiloh Christian was never number 1. Regardless of what maxpreps CPU said

12 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Shiloh Christian. They were MaxPreps Freeman #1 and Euless Trinity was the Xcellent #1. They were one of the teams in the running for Mythical National Champion.

De La Salle nearly won that game and clearly would’ve had they not been ridden with turnovers. As far as the bold, In the past Texas would frequently host defending state champions who were wanting to take on Texas teams to give their team a new experience and challenge themselves. It was pretty neat to see top state ranked teams put their best foot forward against Texas. 
It doesn’t happen that often anymore which is kind of a bummer but it’s become a thing of the past.

It doesn't have to be.  It isn't for other states.

58 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Shiloh Christian was never number 1. Regardless of what maxpreps CPU said

They were Preseason #1 and trying to take down the Texas #1 to make a case for Mythical National champion. Euless Trinity was ranked number 2 which is part of the reason why the beat down happened. 

I may be wrong but Euless Trinity wanted to make it clear that they were still at the top.

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

They were Preseason #1 and trying to take down the Texas #1 to make a case for Mythical National champion. Euless Trinity was ranked number 2 which is part of the reason why the beat down happened. 

I may be wrong but Euless Trinity wanted to make it clear that they were still at the top.

I'm saying aside from maxpreps preseason CPU, nobody had them number 1

• Thanks 1