Servite 34 - JSerra 21 (F)

imaGoodBoyNow

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Remember when I said that Servite could win the WCAC? Make that, Servite could win the WCAC and the BNU.

So much for SJR's signature win.

Let's not get too crazy there.

JSerra is pretty average. No reason why they should be ranked as high as they are. #28 is just ridiculous. Top 100 would be generous, honestly.

Servite looks pretty good though and worthy of their Top 50 recognition.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Let's not get too crazy there.

JSerra is pretty average. No reason why they should be ranked as high as they are. #28 is just ridiculous. Top 100 would be generous, honestly.

Servite looks pretty good though and worthy of their Top 50 recognition.

I'm mostly just trolling GSB...

I agree about JSerra. They are just too one-dimensional on offense. I do feel SJR should drop, they are a fringe top 25 team at best in my opinion.

Having seen most of these teams multiple times (including in person) I think Servite could beat DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga. I'd probably give a slight edge to St. John's given their talent, but I think Servite could beat them if things went their way. The other WCAC schools don't have the level of QB play (very similar to JSerra). Servite would beat DBP by 3 TDs minimum.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I agree about JSerra. They are just too one-dimensional on offense. I do feel SJR should drop, they are a fringe top 25 team at best in my opinion.

Having seen most of these teams multiple times (including in person) I think Servite could beat DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga. I'd probably give a slight edge to St. John's given their talent, but I think Servite could beat them if things went their way. The other WCAC schools don't have the level of QB play (very similar to JSerra).

St. John’s beats servite but other than that..... servite wins the WCAC. MD put up very similar numbers on St. John’s(compared to servite) 3000 miles away from home. Duncanville ain’t looking too good right now dawg. Servites good, whoever gets them in the first round of the playoffs is in for a battle 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

Having seen most of these teams multiple times (including in person) I think Servite could beat DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga. I'd probably give a slight edge to St. John's given their talent, but I think Servite could beat them if things went their way. The other WCAC schools don't have the level of QB play (very similar to JSerra).

Servite is vulnerable in the secondary. Any team with a good QB and couple WRs will move the ball on them fairly easy. Also, any team with solid LBers is going to limit the Friars offensively.

We won't even get into ST play as they are pretty bad in that phase.

40 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I would rather watch paint dry then watch that again.

Both teams are overrated IMHO.

I’m sure that’s your unbiased, honest, opinion lol. I’m sure there are 5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 tx teams better than these two right? 😂 “unathletic” man there’s no way you coached college ball if that’s your take on the game. 10+ D1 guys on the field tonight including the no 1 receiver in the 2022 class and a top running back in the country but no athleticism right? 😭 Hey that’s your honest opinion though lmao. (The team that lost by 14 beat a top 20 team from Georgia but this is super low level football) 

E8312DD6-FD52-4463-8439-78C6C118E141.jpeg

• Like 1

Isn't JSerra a top 10 Cali team? 

Shouldn't they have beaten a fringe top 20 Georgia team with ease? Not convinced they are top 20 really, but, we can go with that anyway... 

I'm struggling to follow this argument about them beating a top 20 Georgia team, to validate JSerra up from what everyone is seeing when they have been ranked top 5 or 10 in Cali.

Some of us warned that Milton would be a dud. It wasn't a good win. I don't think it helps with the argument. Just my personal opinion.

55 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Isn't JSerra a top 10 Cali team? 

No. If they are they shouldn't be. They definitely fail the eye test. CalPreps computers obviously don't watch the games. Honestly their offensive production, especially from the QB, has been horrific all season long. Booty has now been benched 3 times this this season. They were expected to be good. Maybe the rankings are holding onto that idea. But the proof is in the pudding according to how they play. No way would I put them in the Cali top 10. If I were to be totally objective based on performance they are not top 15. From a talent standpoint they are, but you actually need to play the game which is where they have failed.

• Like 3