No. 1 Mater Dei defeats No. 2 SJB 38-24

ATLien12x

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Agree if DLS beats an undefeated MD, and STA wins out, STA is #1

Otherwise don’t understand why any FL or GA team would be #1 right now — the best one may be IMG and they just lost by 28 to a team MD beat by 18; if not IMG, then probably STA, and they have a couple of glaring deficiencies in a head to head evaluation at the moment (SOS and QB); no one else (Lakeland, Lowndes?) has a fraction of the SOS 

Fwiw, I think chances of DLS beating MD are extremely low, but if they do and Lakeland wins out (inc Geico), I’d probably give to them, but that would be a good old fashioned, no right answer debate vs undefeated TX champ 

IMG isn't the best in FL, I have no doubt STA or Lakeland this year would beat them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

IMG isn't the best in FL, I have no doubt STA or Lakeland this year would beat them

I wouldn’t argue but they’ve got 3 wins that wouldn’t be gimmees for the other two 

have played a tougher schedule (so far) and are getting sos love 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Right now it's Lakeland until proven otherwise

I like Lakeland and think you might be right, but they’ve certainly proven less than STA and IMG at the moment 

hard to rely on they’re the champ until proven otherwise when they’ve played no one and it’s November 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I like Lakeland and think you might be right, but they’ve certainly proven less than STA and IMG at the moment 

hard to rely on they’re the champ until proven otherwise when they’ve played no one and it’s November 

They will likely have a 3 game stretch against 3 of the top 10 teams in FL with @ Armwood in round 3, vs Edgewater in round 4 and against STA in state finals

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, 181pl said:

St. Frances would physically dominate SJB.

My top 10?

1. MD

2. St. Frances

3. FLA 7A winner

4. TEX 6A winner

5. GA 6A winner

6. SJB

7. IMG

8. St. Joe's

9.  Chandler

10. SPP NJ

I'd say 3-5 are pretty much interchangeable depending on who wins and how hot they are at the time of the state finals.

But in the end, MD can lose the title s if somehow DLS pulls out a miracle, which is highly, highly unlikely.  They've played all comers (granted, without having to go more than 5 miles from their own school, but still impressive).

DC and Phoenix are 5 miles from Santa Ana?  Who knew?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, Texasfrog said:

LMFAO...   Dallas Jackson must be posting again.

Dallas Jackson... "Kyler Murray will never play a down of college QB."    Ha-ha-ha-ha.

It will be interesting to see Bryce Young when he goes to Bama and all the others teams have tons of talent too and the playing field evens out some.

BY is playing better HS teams than KM ever did, and dominating.  The SFA guys in college will be an all-star team at that level, too.  It's still too early, of course, to tell if BY is better than KM, but he's on the right track.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MD87 said:

BY is playing better HS teams than KM ever did, and dominating.  The SFA guys in college will be an all-star team at that level, too.  It's still too early, of course, to tell if BY is better than KM, but he's on the right track.

BY is will go down as the best QB in MD history 

26 minutes ago, MD87 said:

BY is will go down as the best QB in MD history 

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

They will likely have a 3 game stretch against 3 of the top 10 teams in FL with @ Armwood in round 3, vs Edgewater in round 4 and against STA in state finals

Agreed that we will find out about Lakeland one way or another 

or at least we’ll find out how good they are 

if they lose to STA, and don’t play in geico, they could go down nationally as a fairly irrelevant team and still be pretty damned good — ie not in top 25 but could still be top 10 on the field 

17 hours ago, MD87 said:

It's still too early, of course, to tell if BY is better than KM, but he's on the right track.

Does a better track even exist? First overall pick in the nfl draft & being 13th in QBR half way through his rookie season on a pretty bad Nfl team? 

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 5:10 AM, badrouter said:

Exactly how depressed would you be if Lakeland does the same thing to STA that they did last year (and 6 of the 8 times they've met in the playoffs)? Would a couple of counseling sessions make it all OK?

I would love to see Lakeland beat STA , as STA is what is the worst in high school football. Although the last couple seasons Lakeland recruiting is almost as bad.    

• Haha 1