No. 1 Mater Dei defeats No. 2 SJB 38-24

ATLien12x

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yes guy, a top ten team nationally had success against MD even with one of the more simple offenses. DLS does what they do very well. Can’t wait to see where you’re going with this one & what point you’ll “make” 

Somehow STA "struggling" with DLS by allowing 14 points is critical but Mater Dei giving up 21 points and 254 yards passing is completely buried and ignored.

That's where I was going.

• Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

FYI, the argument is DJ was the better QB that season. Not Mitchell was garbage and DJ was the savior. Nice try.

You might want to actually read this thread.

There has been some clear Re-al bashing.

But your point isn't relevant anyway. My point all along has been that the offense was pretty much the same regardless of who the QB was. The only blips were against STA (who Negro said was one of the best defenses he's faced) and St. John's (where DJ had a short small sample size off the bench).

Otherwise the results are practically the same.

The DJ narrative is tired.

• Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Oh, well of course. DLS is much better in August than they are in December. 

Do I sense some sarcasm regarding the hyper-improvement theory?

Of course I do!

Lame as shit excuse, though.

The truth is that Mater Dei and St. John Bosco get the benefit of doubt in all of these scenarios when nobody else would be afforded the same treatment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

15 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Of course I do!

The truth is that Mater Dei and St. John Bosco get the benefit of doubt in all of these scenarios when nobody else would be afforded the same treatment.

It’s not an excuse lmao. Excuse for what? Did you see me give credit to DLS? They deserve it. We’re talking about this season and what the teams have done. We aren’t talking about last season. Well maybe you are. & of course teams don’t improve between week 1 & 16. Only you! Ok I lied, you and txfrog. If MD scores 24 against DLS and gives up 14 what would you call that? 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Given that SFA is no longer eligible for the Geico games.theyd probably end up playing whoever wins 7A in Georgia which right now is looking like Lowndes,Colquitt or Mceachern

Yes, please send your top billing.  No more Valdosta or Lee County please.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Of course I do!

I remember SJB bitch slappin some teams from the east coast this year. I can’t even remember who they were. We’re they nobody’s?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

I remember SJB bitch slappin some teams from the east coast this year. I can’t even remember who they were. We’re they nobody’s?

DeMatha, Don Bosco, and Good Counsel were the East coast teams they played this season. I wouldn’t necessarily call them nobody’s.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

DeMatha, Don Bosco, and Good Counsel were the East coast teams they played this season. I wouldn’t necessarily call them nobody’s.

If it wasn’t for these out of state games, all HSFB fans east of the Rocky’s would be saying how MD and SJB were overrated and soft on defense. That’s how it use to be before all those games started happening.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

If it wasn’t for these out of state games, all HSFB fans east of the Rocky’s would be saying how MD and SJB were overrated and soft on defense. That’s how it use to be before all those games started happening.

Actually they got respect when they started kicking the shit out of DLS.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s not an excuse lmao. Excuse for what? Did you see me give credit to DLS? They deserve it. We’re talking about this season and what the teams have done. We aren’t talking about last season.

So giving up 21 points ans 254 yards passing to a Sophomore Dorian Hale is better than giving up 14 points and 100 yards passing to a Junior Dorian Hale.

The former is swept under the rug. The latter is proof that STA "struggled."

🤡

• Thumbs Down 2

15 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Am I supposed to care that SJB beat DeMatha and Good Counsel?

Those are nice teams but those results aren't sufficient to support the claims being made here about SJB.

• Thumbs Down 3

18 hours ago, The Guru said:

Of course I do!

Boo fucking hoo.

Worry about Lakeland and Armwood. California can't play in the Geico. If Saint Thomas wins out and gets a big win over Lakeland or Da Wood, and then they play another top five or ten team in the Geico bowl, they have a great season and resume.

But I still think MD would beat STA by two or three scores this year. They are a machine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

If Saint Thomas wins out and gets a big win over Lakeland or Da Wood, and then they play another top five or ten team in the Geico bowl, they have a great season and resume.

But again this standard isn't being applied to anybody else.

SJB could stop playing today and everybody would say they were awesome, had a great season and would beat everybody except Mater Dei by 28.

It's silly.

• Thumbs Down 3

On 10/26/2019 at 1:02 AM, HurricaneNick said:

No that’s not the difference. Bosco is so much better schematically especially on offense. & ok they outscored MD in the second half and still lost 34-18. Was a complete murder in the first half. Md took their foot off the gas to start the second half as you know. They did the same against Bosco. I still take Bosco over st frances because frances is one dimensional and Bosco is complete. 

I don’t know bud. BY was the difference maker with his RPO and MD’s defense did just enough to contain SFA’s RB beast.

...Bosco completeness aside, SFA Defense’s only weakness was containing BY and on offense SFA still scored 3x vs. an MD defense that’s at least on par with Bosco’s, if not better (you know I’m being generous). 

Can you make the same comparison on offense with DJ vs. SFA? Really think he makes the same reads + 4 rushing TDS?

Bosco victory less of a sure thing than you might think...

• Like 3

St. Frances would physically dominate SJB.

My top 10?

1. MD

2. St. Frances

3. FLA 7A winner

4. TEX 6A winner

5. GA 6A winner

6. SJB

7. IMG

8. St. Joe's

9.  Chandler

10. SPP NJ

I'd say 3-5 are pretty much interchangeable depending on who wins and how hot they are at the time of the state finals.

But in the end, MD can lose the title s if somehow DLS pulls out a miracle, which is highly, highly unlikely.  They've played all comers (granted, without having to go more than 5 miles from their own school, but still impressive).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Really silly way to do a ranking.

I don't disagree. But I'm not going to try and fortune tell the playoff for the three most competitive states.

FLA 7a- STA, Lakeland, Armwood, Edgewater, and a few others are in contention

TX 6A- Wide open.North Shore, Carroll, Duncanville, Katy, Allen, etc etc

GA 6A- Lowndes, Colquitt, the ATL schools, etc. 

Too wide open.