Something Western within 3 of Tier 2 STA (3rd Qtr)

Sammyswordsman

14 hours ago, badrouter said:

Recruited up team that's never previously done anything. This year's team has lots of talent though. 

Armwood beat Gaither 14-0.  One of Armwood's scores was on D...  Armwood and STA's O are in neutral and their D's won't be as stingy vs Lakeland as they were with Western and Gaither (if they play).    Hopefully Rosemy comes back healthy to give the O a spark.  Royal has moved back to WR from the DB position in Rosemy's absence and has done well.  

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Armwood beat Gaither 14-0.  One of Armwood's scores was on D...  Armwood and STA's O are in neutral and their D's won't be as stingy vs Lakeland as they were with Western and Gaither (if they play).    Hopefully Rosemy comes back healthy to give the O a spark.  Royal has moved back to WR from the DB position in Rosemy's absence and has done well.  

Is Rosemy certain to be back? Seems like he's been out a while.

Armwood, Lakeland and STA all have insane defenses. Lakeland is the least talented of the three defenses, but probably has the best D-coordinator of the bunch. Any pair of these teams facing off don't figure to put together many (any?) sustained drives for points. I believe you can count on one hand the TOTAL number of sustained scoring drives for points prior to running clock time the three have yielded combined all season.  So, it will come down to exceptional athletes making big plays, and then of course scores generated by the defense or special teams.

17 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Is Rosemy certain to be back? Seems like he's been out a while.

Armwood, Lakeland and STA all have insane defenses. Lakeland is the least talented of the three defenses, but probably has the best D-coordinator of the bunch. Any pair of these teams facing off don't figure to put together many (any?) sustained drives for points. I believe you can count on one hand the TOTAL number of sustained scoring drives for points prior to running clock time the three have yielded combined all season.  So, it will come down to exceptional athletes making big plays, and then of course scores generated by the defense or special teams.

Not sure how the rehab is going and his eta back... I heard 4-5 weeks out during the DFB telecast, but not sure what the status is on his progress since... @The Guru?   

16 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Who you taking Aquinas or Lakeland? 

Oh nm didn't understand your question,  thought you were asking who I was talking about.   In the matchup between STA-Lakeland it's hard to say.   Tempted to say Lakeland honestly.  Last year I was confident with STA beating them, but not so much this year.   Should be a good one.