#6 St Louis 19 vs #3 STA 35 Final

GardenStateBaller

57 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

NFHS rules suck.  You can't  hurdle.  That's a joke.  

Actually you can but only if the player in front of you is on the ground or falling to the ground (ie.. diving at your legs) but no you can't just try and jump over someone or dive over the pile.. . Many HS refs just think no hurdling and don't truly understand how it applies... 

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I always thought it wasn't a penalty if the player is able to cleanly hurdle the defender without making contact

Not if the defender is upright (one or both feet on the ground) If the defender is diving , falling, on a knee then yes hurdle away. There certainly is a grey area and that's a judgment call but the refs will almost always side on player safety

27 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I’m a DLS homer and SJB is definitely better. I think SJB/MD at 1 and 2 with 3 thru 5 interchangeable. 

Best team in the nation is MD IMO.    Of course they won't get it, but SJB vs STA would be a good game IMO, just as games between teams like Marietta, SFA, IMG (yes IMG),  NS, Duncanville would. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

but I don't think they (Marrietta)would match up great with the Saint Francis who I think would physically run them over. There is no clear-cut number one team this year. If MD would have beat sjb then yes, but that didn't happen. 

The she not the he

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-frances-of-rome/

Saint Frances of Rome’s Story

"<em

not this Francis guy

Image result for st francis