#6 St Louis 19 vs #3 STA 35 Final

GardenStateBaller

26 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Best team in the nation is MD IMO.    Of course they won't get it, but SJB vs STA would be a good game IMO, just as games between teams like Marietta, SFA, IMG (yes IMG),  NS, Duncanville would. 

Totally agree about MD. SJB is close but MD takes 7 or 8 out of 10 between the two... this year.

39 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Best team in the nation is MD IMO.    Of course they won't get it, but SJB vs STA would be a good game IMO, just as games between teams like Marietta, SFA, IMG (yes IMG),  NS, Duncanville would. 

SJB is definitely  a better team than STA, having seen both with the common opponent  in DELA.  AT end of year, Dela was pretty much unstoppable on offense, which they weren't when they played STA first game of year. So you can't compare stats of those games. STA defense on par with SJB, but offense they are 3 tiers below. SFA may be the better question mark , if they could beat SJB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

SJB is definitely  a better team than STA, having seen both with the common opponent  in DELA.  AT end of year, Dela was pretty much unstoppable on offense, which they weren't when they played STA first game of year. So you can't compare stats of those games. STA defense on par with SJB, but offense they are 3 tiers below. SFA may be the better question mark , if they could beat SJB.

I guess if you say so.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

I guess if you say so.  

That Bosco offense is serious. Could be the best ever I've seen, at least the best passing attack. When they spread those 5 receivers ,  with that qb, they are unstoppable. RB a beast also. The speed of that team is unreal. STA is good, but compared to MD or SJB , I don't think I'm delusional in any way by saying they are a notch above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

That Bosco offense is serious. Could be the best ever I've seen, at least the best passing attack. When they spread those 5 receivers ,  with that qb, they are unstoppable. RB a beast also. The speed of that team is unreal. STA is good, but compared to MD or SJB , I don't think I'm delusional in any way by saying they are a notch above.

I agree, but because STA is undefeated and just won a decisive game against another top 10 team, I’d label STA tier 1 for this season. 

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

I agree, but because STA is undefeated and just won a decisive game against another top 10 team, I’d label STA tier 1 for this season. 

If STA could get a better offensive coordinator then they could be up there with MD, SJB, SFA with the talent they have. Zion is only a Sophomore so let's see how he develops. He reminds me of a young Lamar Jackson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:
  1. STA
  2. SJB
  3. MD
  4. SFA
  5. IMG

I like STA a lot but I would rank it like this way.

1. SJB

2. MD

3. SFA

4. STA (Could mix SFA and STA, but because MD's win over SFA was so much more dominant than STA's win over STL, I would give them the nudge).

5. Galena North Shore (kind of hesitant though because Duncanville wasn't at their best, but neither was NS with their RB out).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Despite their two losses in state, there isn't one team in the top 10 right now that would want to play Marietta.

MD would play them. SJB would play them. Others would too.

The difference is MD and SJB have the top 2 QBs in the country. They're going to have to replace those 2 guys and there will be a huge drop off next year. Marietta has to replace their QB also. 

2 hours ago, Buttmunch said:

MD would play them. SJB would play them. Others would too.

The difference is MD and SJB have the top 2 QBs in the country. They're going to have to replace those 2 guys and there will be a huge drop off next year. Marietta has to replace their QB also. 

Sorry. Bailey will be a much better QB than either of the Cali guys. Slightly built MD QB will fizzle at Bama. Not sure he sees the field, other than in mop up. He'll transfer. 

DJ will get the benefit of sitting for a year behind Lawrence, and Clemson will run an offense tailored for him, but Bailey is the best pocket passer in this class. I also like Beck from Jacksonville Mandarin. Both will be excellent.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's official now, St. Louis sucks worse than STA. 

Man there is some serious hatred of STL in HI.  Accused of Recruiting, dirty play especially #15 that got a few penalties last night.  Read the comment section at the end.  45 comments.  There does to seem to be one troller.  But hatred of them.  And many glad they lost.  

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/12/21/hawaii-news/pali-highway-fully-reopens-to-drivers-24-7-today/

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Man there is some serious hatred of STL in HI.  Accused of Recruiting, dirty play especially #15 that got a few penalties last night.  Read the comment section at the end.  45 comments.  There does to seem to be one troller.  But hatred of them.  And many glad they lost.  

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/12/21/hawaii-news/pali-highway-fully-reopens-to-drivers-24-7-today/

Well, I suspect that would be the case for any team that hadn't lost in 3 years straight in most any state. Btw, that link isn't what I think you expected. 

The fact remains, that, in the absence of a comparison to what is good, both of these teams suck. Clearly one sucks worse than the other though. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Only team I don’t think STA could beat this year, key word being could, is MD.  

In my personal opinion MD’s offense is slightly better than SJB’s and their defense is definitely stronger against the run.   Passing D’s for them were both excellent for sure.

IMO STA’s D had more holes in it than usual, but STA’s had some incredible D’s.   This STA D actually had to make adjustments and be disciplined because the Secondary, although elite relatively, was not as talented overall as STA teams in the past.   They still always got it done when it counted.

I think one thing that makes STA look less impressive to the eye test is they don’t really have a “step on their throat” philosophy on offense when winning games.

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Dude they were dirty as hell in that first half tho 😂.   I mean they were pumped and trying to make a statement so I don’t really hold it against them.  

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Dude they were dirty as hell in that first half tho 😂.   I mean they were pumped and trying to make a statement so I don’t really hold it against them.  

How many late hits out of bounds, how many times Olineman tosses sta to the ground after whistle, someone for got to tell Hawaii that they play by NCAA rules not XFL rules

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How many late hits out of bounds, how many times Olineman tosses sta to the ground after whistle, someone for got to tell Hawaii that they play by NCAA rules not XFL rules

What would be funny is if we could set XFL rules and have Los line up against every team he sits here talking shit about

That pathetic coward would probably run out back endzone and run back to his mommies nipples for his daily breast feeding and nurturing LMAO

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Sorry. Bailey will be a much better QB than either of the Cali guys. Slightly built MD QB will fizzle at Bama. Not sure he sees the field, other than in mop up. He'll transfer. 

DJ will get the benefit of sitting for a year behind Lawrence, and Clemson will run an offense tailored for him, but Bailey is the best pocket passer in this class. I also like Beck from Jacksonville Mandarin. Both will be excellent.

Ehhh.