Talk around town Rush Propst asking for

Ga96

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Lol. I've heard it said that his certs are actually active and current until 2023. 

Whether or not they're still prone to being suspended due to the ethics complaints against him, or, whether that's all under the bridge and he's good to go... I just don't know. 

I've heard it said both ways. They were suspended, but, due to process and legal fight, the suspension never officially went into effect is one thing being said. The other is that the appeal to the state got him cleared up.  Without him saying, I'm not sure which is true. 

I don't see why Rush couldn't be the most expensive Community coach in the nation.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Lord Jim retired at the end of the 1999 season.  Colquitt had a problem.  They could promote their DC or their OC and have a pretty good nucleus.  A lot of us thought the OC would have made a better HC...but when all was said and done...the DC was promoted with Lord Jim's blessing.  And frankly...nobody raised any flack about it cause Mike was a SOLID guy.  

The OC stepped down when he didn't get chosen and Mike made the decision to change the offense...BIG TIME.  He went to the Wing T.  Probably because McEachern had beaten him so bad with it in the 1998 semis.  But it was a disaster for FIVE years.  Mike got five years because he was a TRUE Packer who had given a large part of his life to the Packer program.  He never won a single playoff game.  Going from Lord Jim's performance to his...well...he flamed out.

Then came the con artist.

Three more years of something that only could be described as "football chaos".  A lot of longtime Packers tried desperately to give Commander Cokely the benefit of the doubt.  It was a LOST cause.  Here is where Hawg is getting his "laughing stock" from.  It's not even an exaggeration.  When Rush took the remnants of the program over in 2008...most people don't know just how bad it was.  What Rush did was more than a miracle.  The man is a force of nature whose talent and ego are equally sized.  Wherever he lands...the man can coach.   His antics can be debatable...his decisions can be debatable...but his damn coaching record is simply amazing.

Rufus>>

Hoover was 3-7/4-6 type teams before Rush took over. His 2nd year we went 14-1 and won state. From 2000-2005 won it 5 out of 6 most losses in a season during that run was only 1. Went 70-5 and 24-1 in the playoffs.

We went 3 years without making the playoffs.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hoover was 3-7/4-6 type teams before Rush took over. His 2nd year we went 14-1 and won state. From 2000-2005 won it 5 out of 6 most losses in a season during that run was only 1. Went 70-5 and 24-1 in the playoffs.

We went 3 years without making the playoffs.  

Similar results in similar time frame here. It took a little bit longer to get over the hump for state and inly missed the playoffs his first year, but, by god, we had a helluva run. Helluva run. 

He said one time, if you aren't playing ball in December as a coach, it won't be long before you're looking for another job. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Lord Jim retired at the end of the 1999 season.  Colquitt had a problem.  They could promote their DC or their OC and have a pretty good nucleus.  A lot of us thought the OC would have made a better HC...but when all was said and done...the DC was promoted with Lord Jim's blessing.  And frankly...nobody raised any flack about it cause Mike was a SOLID guy.  

The OC stepped down when he didn't get chosen and Mike made the decision to change the offense...BIG TIME.  He went to the Wing T.  Probably because McEachern had beaten him so bad with it in the 1998 semis.  But it was a disaster for FIVE years.  Mike got five years because he was a TRUE Packer who had given a large part of his life to the Packer program.  He never won a single playoff game.  Going from Lord Jim's performance to his...well...he flamed out.

Three more years of something that only could be described as "football chaos".  A lot of longtime Packers tried desperately to give Commander Cokely the benefit of the doubt.  It was a LOST cause.  Here is where Hawg is getting his "laughing stock" from.  It's not even an exaggeration.  When Rush took the remnants of the program over in 2008...most people don't know just how bad it was.  What Rush did was more than a miracle.  The man is a force of nature whose talent and ego are equally sized.  Wherever he lands...the man can coach.   His antics can be debatable...his decisions can be debatable...but his damn coaching record is simply amazing.

Rufus>>

I swear to God when you said “con artist” you were speaking of rush. Thought it odd, then realized you weren’t. 

honest mistake. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently, you can go to some state website and see that his certification is active and until what year. 

What you can't see is the other stuff that we know had been going on.

Just between me and you...and nobody else...his cert is still valid...but he's fighting its decertification thru his legal appeal process.  As far as I know...there is no time table for any finalization.  If a school were to offer him a position...it might speed up everything.

I do not believe that has happened.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Similar results in similar time frame here. It took a little bit longer to get over the hump for state and inly missed the playoffs his first year, but, by god, we had a helluva run. Helluva run. 

He said one time, if you aren't playing ball in December as a coach, it won't be long before you're looking for another job. 

Depth is deeper in Georgia. In Alabama you might have 2 or 3 teams in some years that could win Georgia vs maybe 6 -8 teams in Georgia.  Hoover had more built in advantages that was not used prior to Rush. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Just between me and you...and nobody else...his cert is still valid...but he's fighting its decertification thru his legal appeal process.  As far as I know...there is no time table for any finalization.  If a school were to offer him a position...it might speed up everything.

I do not believe that has happened.

Rufus>>

I was under the same impression, but, as much bull as there is around, I would certainly not have bet on it. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was under the same impression, but, as much bull as there is around, I would certainly not have bet on it. 

Remember what I said about what Valdosta BOE doing would deter coaches? 

Well word on the GA boards is a someone from Pelham turned it down... 

He's staying put in Pelham... 

If this is true this needs to be a lesson to the BOE.... 

You've started a whole shit show for what reason?

Now not even a Pelham coach wants to leave for the Jolly Green pastures of Valdosta... 

Because no one wants to be bothered with the BS that just went down... 

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently, you can go to some state website and see that his certification is active and until what year. 

What you can't see is the other stuff that we know had been going on.

I think it’s a couple of classes and a $300 check. Jack Rudolph at one time years ago was the highest paid Community  Coach in the state at 10 grand. And worth every nickel. Used to make Rufus drink with two hands. Lol

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Lol. I've heard it said that his certs are actually active and current until 2023. 

Whether or not they're still prone to being suspended due to the ethics complaints against him, or, whether that's all under the bridge and he's good to go... I just don't know. 

I've heard it said both ways. They were suspended, but, due to process and legal fight, the suspension never officially went into effect is one thing being said. The other is that the appeal to the state got him cleared up.  Without him saying, I'm not sure which is true. 

Can't gsb clear this up for us by simply texting him? I mean they are bff's.

• Haha 2

On 2/21/2020 at 2:29 PM, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Wow, I can't believe its 20 years ago when Hughs was there.  I did forget about Coach Singletary being HC b/n Hughes and Cokely, my bad.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Can't gsb clear this up for us by simply texting him? I mean they are bff's.

I think we've more or less cleared it up. 

My best guess, and people that are teachers and understand how the certifications work, and now also Rufus, said that he was technically eligible to coach/teach still during all of this time, but, due to the nature of the complaints and so much press about it all, he was basically black balled in the state until some final ruling comes down. (Safety of the students at issue due to at least one of the charges involving illegal administration of medications)

Someone very close to the situation about 3 weeks ago said the appeal to the state above and beyond the ethics committee should be "coming to a head" soon. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Wow, I can't believe its 20 years ago when Hughs was there.  I did forget about Coach Singletary being HC b/n Hughes and Cokely, my bad.  

We played some hard nosed football under Jim Hughes. 3 runs and a cloud of dust, simple and efficient passing game with mean defenses. Many thought we were starting to come around to the new century with Funderburke at OC, but, idk, I remember a good bit of bone head stuff even with him. Not sure if it was all him. It was said that Hughes wouldn't give him enough control and override him etc. Idk, I was pretty young still so on the outside of those in the know. It had gotten to where there was a decent amount of brow beating going on out and around though. 

Coach Singletary was, I hate to say disaster, but, any better adjectives escape me at the moment, and it only got worse from there with Cokley. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we've more or less cleared it up. 

My best guess, and people that are teachers and understand how the certifications work, and now also Rufus, said that he was technically eligible to coach/teach still during all of this time, but, due to the nature of the complaints and so much press about it all, he was basically black balled in the state until some final ruling comes down. (Safety of the students at issue due to at least one of the charges involving illegal administration of medications)

Someone very close to the situation about 3 weeks ago said the appeal to the state above and beyond the ethics committee should be "coming to a head" soon. 

Hawg...this is just hypothesis on my part...and not at all 100% Gospel....but if Valdosta happened to offer...this cert thing could very well boil down to..."time served".

Rufus>>

• Like 1