I wore a mask and gloves in public for the first time....

BigDrop

My wife and I have locked ourselves down in our house.  Once a week I now go to the grocery or drug store or gas station. And yesterday, for the first time, I wore a mask.  N 95 (that I paid $50 for a pair of online a month ago) and yellow latex gloves.  I looked at myself in the rear view mirror of my car and could have choked!  Except the mask covered my throat and I couldn’t see anything.

Hard to breathe in it-no wonder it’s suppose to work.

Went to Wegman’s which is a 130,000 square foot super grocery store.  Walking in I was looking for stares-or smirks.

Not even a smile.  Around a corner I saw two more with masks.  Then down an aisle another.  And another in the next aisle.  Nobody had a mask on the week before-now seemingly half of the people in the store.  And many had on gloves, too. As ugly as mine.

I love avocados.  But you have to feel them up to know how ripe they are.  Oh, I wanted to squeeze one!  But I was scared.  I might get slapped.

Almost like being on a date....

I said to hell with it and bought a whole bag from the bottom of the pile.

There is more:  the gas station and the drug store and the bank.

But after the avocados with my mask and gloves on I felt I was ready for most everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

My wife and I have locked ourselves down in our house.  Once a week I now go to the grocery or drug store or gas station. And yesterday, for the first time, I wore a mask.  N 95 (that I paid $50 for a pair of online a month ago) and yellow latex gloves.  I looked at myself in the rear view mirror of my car and could have choked!  Except the mask covered my throat and I couldn’t see anything.

Went to Wegman’s which is a 130,000 square foot super grocery store.  Walking in I was looking for stares-or smirks.

Not even a smile.  Around a corner I saw two more with masks.  Then down an aisle another.  And another in the next aisle.  Nobody had a mask on the week before-now seemingly half of the people in the store.  And many had on gloves, too. As ugly as mine.

I love avocados.  But you have to feel them up to know how ripe they are.  Oh, I wanted to squeeze one!  But I was scared.  I might get slapped.

But after the avocados with my mask and gloves on I felt I was ready for most everything.

So you rubbed 2 avocados and waxed a carrot. Just be happy you didn’t get arrested

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, BigDrop said:

We still aren't locked down yet in Georgia. Only voluntarily. So far it's a mish mash of community by community measures being taken and every municipality is different. Curfews, no gatherings, no gyms or dining in type rules most places now is pretty normal. 

I see more and more people wearing masks and gloves though, and of course people are certainly managing their personal space. 

I kind of look around at the people wearing ppe and while it seems surreal, it's certainly nothing to scoff or laugh at.

• Like 5

On 4/1/2020 at 7:35 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

We still aren't locked down yet in Georgia. Only voluntarily. So far it's a mish mash of community by community measures being taken and every municipality is different. Curfews, no gatherings, no gyms or dining in type rules most places now is pretty normal. 

I see more and more people wearing masks and gloves though, and of course people are certainly managing their personal space. 

I kind of look around at the people wearing ppe and while it seems surreal, it's certainly nothing to scoff or laugh at.

Squash that. Total lockdown goes into effect tonight at midnight as a statewide mandate until April 15th, unless extended beyond at that point. I expect that it would be extended until the 30th like the feds suggest, but, who knows. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Squash that. Total lockdown goes into effect tonight at midnight as a statewide mandate until April 15th, unless extended beyond at that point. I expect that it would be extended until the 30th like the feds suggest, but, who knows. 

Did the governor really say this, that he ("we") didn't know until the last day or two about asymptomatic people infecting others?:

image.png.cf7672669bf850b0af6099b23d9ee201.png

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Did the governor really say this, that he ("we") didn't know until the last day or two about asymptomatic people infecting others?:

image.png.cf7672669bf850b0af6099b23d9ee201.png

Yeah. He did. 

Playing pandumbic like the president, man. I knew for sure since March 10th, but, had been hearing tidbits about it since early February. 

These numb skulls just now finding out and they run states and the country. One is supposedly the most powerful man in the world. 

xD

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. He did. 

Playing pandumbic like the president, man. I knew for sure since March 10th, but, had been hearing tidbits about it since early February. 

These numb skulls just now finding out and they run states and the country. One is supposedly the most powerful man in the world. 

xD

Frightening actually.

• Like 1

Man this coming week is going to be a mfer. They told us last week we would have up to 200k deaths due to Wuhan. This week there were less than 5k. Damn next week going to be bad. 

Or... They will tell us next week that " the next two weeks are going to be terrible". 

How many more "next two weeks" of this bullshit locking us in our homes are we going to listen too?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Man this coming week is going to be a mfer. They told us last week we would have up to 200k deaths due to Wuhan. This week there were less than 5k. Damn next week going to be bad. 

Or... They will tell us next week that " the next two weeks are going to be terrible". 

How many more "next two weeks" of this bullshit locking us in our homes are we going to listen too?

This gotta be the longest 2 weeks of my life 

BFA5E26F-48FA-47D7-9CA4-0565F34F070B.gif

• Haha 1