Space force enlisted insignia

Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Rippers said:

You should go read "Space Force" by Jeremy Robinson.  Its dumb but its funny:

https://www.amazon.com/Space-Force-Jeremy-Robinson-ebook/dp/B07JYD9W4H/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1586890838&sr=8-6

It looks about right having read the intro. Hell, I may have to spring the 6 bucks for it just to see how it went down. Hahaha

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm trying to understand this space force mess since it's inception. I mean,we are paying Russia to take us to the space station right now, and apparently contracting out new space travel plans to private entities. 

Yet, somehow we have a space force, with no space ships. xD

What gives?

It’s not intended to be this Star Trek type branch.  It’s mission is to organize, train and equip space forces in order to protect US and allied interests in space and provide space capabilities to the joint force.  

Some of the assets will include space lift, position, navigation and timing; satellite communications; missile warning and space control. 

These are all capabilities our AF Space Command performed, along with the other services.  Their missions will all transfer to Space Force with the intent of centralizing control, accountability and elevate this service equal to the others to competitively compete for DoD money.  

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not intended to be this Star Trek type branch.  It’s mission is to organize, train and equip space forces in order to protect US and allied interests in space and provide space capabilities to the joint force.  

Some of the assets will include space lift, position, navigation and timing; satellite communications; missile warning and space control. 

These are all capabilities our AF Space Command performed, along with the other services.  Their missions will all transfer to Space Force with the intent of centralizing control, accountability and elevate this service equal to the others to competitively compete for DoD finding.  

So basically it's a separation of something we already have from a current branch? Maybe enhancing some of the control. 

Creating more bureaucracy and an even deeper state? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So basically it's a separation of something we already have from a current branch? Maybe enhancing some of the control. 

Creating more bureaucracy and an even deeper state? 

Correct. 

i actually think this may be a good idea, it’s fragmented now and with space being the new “battle ground” it makes sense to separate.  Similar to the Air Force in 1947, air travel was becoming integral so it was separated from the army and allowed to develop their capabilities through a central point.   This is following in a similar pattern 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm trying to understand this space force mess since it's inception. I mean,we are paying Russia to take us to the space station right now, and apparently contracting out new space travel plans to private entities. 

Yet, somehow we have a space force, with no space ships. xD

What gives?

Kinda like a football team with no school, practice field, or paychecks for the coaches....

Twitterdom, Twitterdee.... fee, fi, fom....

BGW

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

These are all capabilities our AF Space Command performed, along with the other services.  Their missions will all transfer to Space Force with the intent of centralizing control, accountability and elevate this service equal to the others to competitively compete for DoD money.  

Any Star Trek babes? You know mini skirts, boots, and cleavage?

BGW

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Why so many dang titles?

There’s really not, the diamonds are typically for those that have first sergeant responsibilities within that rank.  (It’s a duty) if you don’t have the 1st sergeant duty then you progress to the next rank that doesn’t have a diamond on the sleeve 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Correct. 

i actually think this may be a good idea, it’s fragmented now and with space being the new “battle ground” it makes sense to separate.  Similar to the Air Force in 1947, air travel was becoming integral so it was separated from the army and allowed to develop their capabilities through a central point.   This is following in a similar pattern 

I agree. It reminds me when our special forces combined creating JSOC. Before JSOC there was no communication between our branches. Hence the reason we had complete failures like the attempted rescue of the Iran hostages and the fiasco in Grenada.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

But there are 13 titles for 9 ranks.  Most aren’t familiar with the diamonds (1st sergeant ) title 

Fair enough. I can see how, in this case, that discrepancy could cause confusion. My bad. But my assertion still stands in terms of the average American's lack of basic knowledge of US civics, history, and military. I'm not saying AP falls into that category. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Fair enough. I can see how, in this case, that discrepancy could cause confusion. My bad. But my assertion still stands in terms of the average American's lack of basic knowledge of US civics, history, and military. I'm not saying AP falls into that category. 

Are you saying you think the average American should know how many titles/pay grades there are in the military?

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Are you saying you think the average American should know how many titles/pay grades there are in the military?

That's not the point. Go back and read follow up post. There are certainly more important things than military insignia to be taught to young Americans, but they aren't being taught. Meh...but who cares? Right? Identity politics, globalism, and White Men are Evil 101 are what's really important. Oh and don't forget my personal favorite...Advanced Orangeman Bad. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

That's not the point. Go back and read follow up post.

I did read the follow up post.  As a matter of fact, I actually quoted the follow up post. Which said, "I can see how, in this case, that discrepancy (between 13 titles and 9 pay grades) could cause confusion." My question was whether or not you think the average American should know how many pay grades are in the military (even in situations where there are the same number as titles).

It seems you think schools should teach students to memorize the various military pay grades. And then you also think Advanced Orangeman Bad (or something along those lines) is being taught in social studies classes instead of military pay grades?

• Haha 1