US intel warned Israel in Nov about virus US ignored reports

Horsefly

US alerted Israel, NATO to disease outbreak in China in November — TV report

White House was reportedly not interested in the intel, but it was passed onto NATO, IDF; when it reached Israel’s Health Ministry, ‘nothing was done’

By TOI STAFF16 Apr 2020, 9:51 pm  30
US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (R) attend a press conference in the East Room of the White House on January 28, 2020. (Alex Wong/Getty Images/AFP)
US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (R) attend a press conference in the East Room of the White House on January 28, 2020. (Alex Wong/Getty Images/AFP)

US intelligence agencies alerted Israel to the coronavirus outbreak in China already in November, Israeli television reported Thursday.

According to Channel 12 news, the US intelligence community became aware of the emerging disease in Wuhan in the second week of that month and drew up a classified document.

Information on the disease outbreak was not in the public domain at that stage — and was known only apparently to the Chinese government.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP

US intelligence informed the Trump administration, “which did not deem it of interest,” but the report said the Americans also decided to update two allies with the classified document: NATO and Israel, specifically the IDF.

000_1OC5LF-640x400.jpg
Medical staff wear protective clothing to help stop the spread of a deadly virus which began in the city, work at the Wuhan Red Cross Hospital in Wuhan on January 25, 2020. (Hector Retamal/)

The network said Israeli military officials later in November discussed the possibility of the spread of the virus to the region and how it would affect Israel and neighboring countries.

The intelligence also reached Israel’s decision makers and the Health Ministry, where “nothing was done,” according to the report.

Last week, ABC News reported that US intelligence officials were warning about the coronavirus in a report prepared in December by the American military’s National Center for Medical Intelligence.

It was unclear if that was the same report that was said to have been shared with Israel.

AP_20090201277796-400x250.jpg
In this photo released by Xinhua News Agency, Chinese President Xi Jinping visits the Chuanshan port area of the Ningbo-Zhoushan Port in east China’s Zhejiang Province, Sunday, March 29, 2020. (Ju Peng/Xinhua via AP)

In its first major step to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, Israel announced on January 30 it was barring all flights from China, ten days after Chinese leader Xi Jinping issued his first public comments on the virus and the Asian country’s top epidemiologist said for the first time it could be spread from person to person.

An Associated Press report on Wednesday said Xi’s warning came seven days after Chinese officials secretly determined that they were likely facing a pandemic, potentially costing China and other countries valuable time to prepare for the outbreak.

Doctors in Wuhan, the city at the center of the outbreak in China, are reported to have first tried to have warn about the virus in December, but were censored.

The Chinese government has repeatedly denied suppressing information in the early days, saying it immediately reported the outbreak to the World Health Organization.

Agencies contributed to this report.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

US alerted Israel, NATO to disease outbreak in China in November — TV report

White House was reportedly not interested in the intel, but it was passed onto NATO, IDF; when it reached Israel’s Health Ministry, ‘nothing was done’

By TOI STAFF16 Apr 2020, 9:51 pm  30

US intelligence agencies alerted Israel to the coronavirus outbreak in China already in November, Israeli television reported Thursday.

According to Channel 12 news, the US intelligence community became aware of the emerging disease in Wuhan in the second week of that month and drew up a classified document.

Information on the disease outbreak was not in the public domain at that stage — and was known only apparently to the Chinese government.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP

US intelligence informed the Trump administration, “which did not deem it of interest,” but the report said the Americans also decided to update two allies with the classified document: NATO and Israel, specifically the IDF.

000_1OC5LF-640x400.jpg
Medical staff wear protective clothing to help stop the spread of a deadly virus which began in the city, work at the Wuhan Red Cross Hospital in Wuhan on January 25, 2020. (Hector Retamal/)

The network said Israeli military officials later in November discussed the possibility of the spread of the virus to the region and how it would affect Israel and neighboring countries.

The intelligence also reached Israel’s decision makers and the Health Ministry, where “nothing was done,” according to the report.

Last week, ABC News reported that US intelligence officials were warning about the coronavirus in a report prepared in December by the American military’s National Center for Medical Intelligence.

It was unclear if that was the same report that was said to have been shared with Israel.

AP_20090201277796-400x250.jpg
In this photo released by Xinhua News Agency, Chinese President Xi Jinping visits the Chuanshan port area of the Ningbo-Zhoushan Port in east China’s Zhejiang Province, Sunday, March 29, 2020. (Ju Peng/Xinhua via AP)

In its first major step to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, Israel announced on January 30 it was barring all flights from China, ten days after Chinese leader Xi Jinping issued his first public comments on the virus and the Asian country’s top epidemiologist said for the first time it could be spread from person to person.

An Associated Press report on Wednesday said Xi’s warning came seven days after Chinese officials secretly determined that they were likely facing a pandemic, potentially costing China and other countries valuable time to prepare for the outbreak.

Doctors in Wuhan, the city at the center of the outbreak in China, are reported to have first tried to have warn about the virus in December, but were censored.

The Chinese government has repeatedly denied suppressing information in the early days, saying it immediately reported the outbreak to the World Health Organization.

Agencies contributed to this report.

Question, why are the articles troll posts not credible but yours are? I mean I understand ABC has been more than fair to this administration. And we all know how reliable anonymous sources are.

7 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Question, why are the articles troll posts not credible but yours are? I mean I understand ABC has been more than fair to this administration. And we all know how reliable anonymous sources are.

I don’t think we were caught off guard on what was going on, I believe intel knew some things 

i also don’t have the same level of faith in our gov as you do.  That’s why I don’t do mental gymnastics to cover for this administration.  

41 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Well sir,  would it help if we played the video where the president his own self said in one of his rallies/covid19 updates that the U.S. had intelligence saying they'd seen elevated activity in China? 

Every source should be questioned the same imo. Troll's posts are easy to follow the rabbit hole on. He posts something of an opinion piece from Fox news that has China doing something, then he posts a line or two of his own in there before connecting to a piece from Gateway Pundit claiming something, then he adds a line or two of his own the he posts junk from a blogger. 

A couple of posts later he posts some ridiculous piece that is totally unrelated  but somehow adds China and Smithfield pork to the piece which is totally unrelated, but, the idea is after having us read the first post that supposedly implicates china in a biological weapons release, now the rabbit hole is taking me to a place where I'm supposed to believe China sent the bird flu to South Carolina through their Smithfield pork operations which is evidently a sleeper cell for the communist chinese government. (We're under active biological weapons attack from China! Omg!)

I suppose you find Trolls stories and connect a dots between Fox opinion pieces, to gateway pundit to some off the wall blogger more realistic and believable than that ABC story that Trump himself basically admitted to in a rally/covid update? 

The only part of the ABC story I'm gonna question is why we saw fit to send the Intel to other countries but not take any action ourselves. That seems kinda odd to me. I'd wonder if that part actually happened or not. The rest is corroborated by Trump himself 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well sir,  would it help if we played the video where the president his own self said in one of his rallies/covid19 updates that the U.S. had intelligence saying they'd seen elevated activity in China? 

Every source should be questioned the same imo. Troll's posts are easy to follow the rabbit hole on. He posts something of an opinion piece from Fox news that has China doing something, then he posts a line or two of his own in there before connecting to a piece from Gateway Pundit claiming something, then he adds a line or two of his own the he posts junk from a blogger. 

A couple of posts later he posts some ridiculous piece that is totally unrelated  but somehow adds China and Smithfield pork to the piece which is totally unrelated, but, the idea is after having us read the first post that supposedly implicates china in a biological weapons release, now the rabbit hole is taking me to a place where I'm supposed to believe China sent the bird flu to South Carolina through their Smithfield pork operations which is evidently a sleeper cell for the communist chinese government. (We're under active biological weapons attack from China! Omg!)

I suppose you find Trolls stories and connect a dots between Fox opinion pieces, to gateway pundit to some off the wall blogger more realistic and believable than that ABC story that Trump himself basically admitted to in a rally/covid update? 

The only part of the ABC story I'm gonna question is why we saw fit to send the Intel to other countries but not take any action ourselves. That seems kinda odd to me. I'd wonder if that part actually happened or not. The rest is corroborated by Trump himself 

we share data with Israel b/c we pledged loyalty to their defense and security. 

intel was passed onto this admin too but they chose not to act on it 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

we share data with Israel b/c we pledged loyalty to their defense and security. 

intel was passed onto this admin too but they chose not to act on it 

So it makes sense that we saw fit to share that Intel but not take heed to it ourselves? 

We just send them any and all Intel whether we deem it good or not I guess would be the way to word it?

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So it makes sense that we saw fit to share that Intel but not take heed to it ourselves? 

We just send them any and all Intel whether we deem it good or not I guess would be the way to word it?

At the time our intel passed it on they thought it was legit for both gov to act on.  But there is a lot of joint stuff we do with/for Israel this is compulsory.  Who works for whom.

i found this article interesting, it uncovers the deep commitment we have for Israel 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailysabah.com/americas/2019/03/25/us-troops-could-be-asked-to-die-for-israel-top-air-force-commander-says/amp

• Like 1

You can’t assume every outbreak is gonna spread to the whole world. Back in 2017, in Madagascar, the bubonic plague came back infecting thousands. Everyone knew it and didn’t shut the whole world down. There were travel advisories, but nothing more than advice like don’t travel to the Middle East unless you want your head cut off. 

The U.S. could have known there was an outbreak in China, but when isn’t there some fucked up shit happening in China? No one could have predicted it would have spread like a wildfire. 

Seems to me that the main argument now is Trump should have shut down all travel  to and from the US in Nov/Dec. 

if you aren’t upset that he didn’t ban travel completely back then, then your just a hysterical Orange Man Bad windbag. I’m talking getting on TV and shutting down all travel of any kind that day. And anyone who is a citizen trying to get back to the US would need to be quarantined upon arrival. 

is this what you guys are upset about? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You can’t assume every outbreak is gonna spread to the whole world. Back in 2017, in Madagascar, the bubonic plague came back infecting thousands. Everyone knew it and didn’t shut the whole world down. There were travel advisories, but nothing more than advice like don’t travel to the Middle East unless you want your head cut off. 

The U.S. could have known there was an outbreak in China, but when isn’t there some fucked up shit happening in China? No one could have predicted it would have spread like a wildfire. 

Seems to me that the main argument now is Trump should have shut down all travel  to and from the US in Nov/Dec. 

if you aren’t upset that he didn’t ban travel completely back then, then your just a hysterical Orange Man Bad windbag. I’m talking getting on TV and shutting down all travel of any kind that day. And anyone who is a citizen trying to get back to the US would need to be quarantined upon arrival. 

This is what we got from trump:

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is what we got from trump:

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Yeah it was fine then. That was during the timeframe when the WHO was peddling Chinese Communist Propaganda. 

You know, those experts we are all just supposed to submit to 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

When you have 330 million people to look after, you should always hedge your bets on something like this. When you have the info, then you lie, then you forget you lied and tell everyone you had the info because you want to run the heat on China. Well yeah... Orange Man bad in this instance. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When you have 330 million people to look after, you should always hedge your bets on something like this. When you have the info, then you lie, then you forget you lied and tell everyone you had the info because you want to run the heat on China. Well yeah... Orange Man bad in this instance. 

bad? BAD?

the man is a far beyond bad

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah it was fine then. That was during the timeframe when the WHO was peddling Chinese Communist Propaganda. 

You know, those experts we are all just supposed to submit to 

Once again, we had intel stating otherwise

I also found this on the State Dept website: 

“On January 23, 2020, the Department of State ordered the departure of all non-emergency U.S. personnel and their family members from Wuhan”

so we knew the severity of the virus to the point we issued a statement ordering the departure of non emergency personnel from China (this takes days/weeks to verify and process) but just the day before trump was believing it wasn’t a big deal?  

then a week later he says this: 

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — 

So there was a report of unspecified details regarding some people getting sick in Wuhan.

Meanwhile the Chinese government and their friends at the WHO suppressed and lied about the extent and nature of the illness for weeks if not months.

Let me suggest to folks that there is lots of TDS 20/20 hindsight and imagination running wild here that reading in all kinds of things here that do not exist in the article.

Some people in Wuhan sick (how many? how sick? nature of illness? deaths? transferable between humans? etc etc etc... unspecified and/or unknown)

Info (unspecified and no doubt very limited) was put in a report and the Israelies told about it and the Israelies found it so direly important and actionable that their health ministry did... wait for it.............................................................. nothing.

SMDH...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Once again, we had intel stating otherwise

I also found this on the State Dept website: 

“On January 23, 2020, the Department of State ordered the departure of all non-emergency U.S. personnel and their family members from Wuhan”

so we knew the severity of the virus to the point we issued a statement ordering the departure of non emergency personnel from China (this takes days/weeks to verify and process) but just the day before trump was believing it wasn’t a big deal?  

then a week later he says this: 

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — 

Cidrap briefed the White House around Jan. 20th., after the White House already saw all the elevated activity in and around Wuhan in November. Apparently there was intelligence they even shared with other countries involving this activity. 

We all saw tent hospitals going up in December on regular leftist/marxist/unamerican/fakenews/msm. 

Trump administration still lying well into February on it all. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, concha said:

So there was a report of unspecified details regarding some people getting sick in Wuhan.

Meanwhile the Chinese government and their friends at the WHO suppressed and lied about the extent and nature of the illness for weeks if not months.

Let me suggest to folks that there is lots of TDS 20/20 hindsight and imagination running wild here that reading in all kinds of things here that do not exist in the article.

Some people in Wuhan sick (how many? how sick? nature of illness? deaths? transferable between humans? etc etc etc... unspecified and/or unknown)

Info (unspecified and no doubt very limited) was put in a report and the Israelies told about it and the Israelies found it so direly important and actionable that their health ministry did... wait for it.............................................................. nothing.

SMDH...

Conch, by 23 Jan we had already made the decision to bring home diplomats from China.  That didn’t happen overnight. So once again we knew the severity of this outbreak that we evacuated diplomats from China, knew the virus had landed on our shores.  And the response from trump a month later was this: 

Feb. 24: The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

A good leader, after receiving the intel report, would have made sure we were ready at all levels for if/when the virus hit our shores.  (Testing centers, supplies, supply chains, command structure etc) 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Conch, by 23 Jan we had already made the decision to bring home diplomats from China.  That didn’t happen overnight. So once again we knew the severity of this outbreak that we evacuated diplomats from China, knew the virus had landed on our shores.  And the response from trump a month later was this: 

Feb. 24: The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Man, you are just suffering from TDS. 

You should go to work with Concha on Monday. Carpool together so y'all can use the carpool lane as everyone is back to work after all these media lies. This thing is very much under control, and it's basically just the flu. Overblown press created hysteria is all it is. That and TDS. Oh yes. We know it's always TDS with these leftist enemy of the people types that hide under their beds because the media scared them. 

Hindsight something something or other TDS. 

• Haha 2

You could lay out completely factual timelines from intelligence, from the state dept., videos of people saying they briefed the administration , presidential tweets, videos of the president trying to point fingers to China admitting he had intelligence and etc. that basically prove the administration did not warn the people of what they knew for at least 2 months, and what you'll get is you are a leftist, enemy of the people main stream leftist media believing liar that simply has 20/20 hindsight vision and Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

xD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Looks like Wuhan. Not all China... but anyway...

And yet health emergencies had been declared etc etc...

I get that Trump said things he shouldn't. Yet work and actions were being taken at the same time. Nancy Pelosi was making sure folks poured out the Lunar New Year festival when some of the stuff mentioned here was known.

My response was to the OP article. It is a big nothing.  Yet we have the TDS patrol posting it anyway, along with crap about hydroxychloriquine being dangerous because some Brazilian doctors were overdosing their patients.

Carry on.

I won't be surprised if tomorrow there is an article posted about how Trump is wrong about hydroxychloroquine because it causes hemorrhoids if you use 10x the normal dose as a suppository.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, you are just suffering from TDS. 

You should go to work with Concha on Monday. Carpool together so y'all can use the carpool lane as everyone is back to work after all these media lies. This thing is very much under control, and it's basically just the flu. Overblown press created hysteria is all it is. That and TDS. Oh yes. We know it's always TDS with these leftist enemy of the people types that hide under their beds because the media scared them. 

Hindsight something something or other TDS. 

Noted you dodge the point that the article is a big nothing.

👍

No new stuff about doctors who OD patients to prove a point about hydroxychloroquine?  🤡

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Looks like Wuhan. Not all China... but anyway...

And yet health emergencies had been declared etc etc...

I get that Trump said things he shouldn't. Yet work and actions were being taken at the same time. Nancy Pelosi was making sure folks poured out the Lunar New Year festival when some of the stuff mentioned here was known.

My response was to the OP article. It is a big nothing.  Yet we have the TDS patrol posting it anyway, along with crap about hydroxychloriquine being dangerous because some Brazilian doctors were overdosing their patients.

Carry on.

I won't be surprised if tomorrow there is an article posted about how Trump is wrong about hydroxychloroquine because it causes hemorrhoids if you use 10x the normal dose as a suppository.

The public’s awareness in taking the virus seriously is the 1st step in combating the spread. He failed miserably in telling the population the severity of what we were dealing with, then lied and said he knew it was a pandemic before it was declared as one. 

the article is very valid, it shows the aloofness of this administration, that even with a head start they still find a way to fail.  

notive the comment about the stock market.  Tells you what was important to him.  

BTW are we winning yet Conch?  Just want to know when America will be great again!  🤡 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, concha said:

Noted you dodge the point that the article is a big nothing.

👍

No new stuff about doctors who OD patients to prove a point about hydroxychloroquine?  🤡

Which article is a big nothing? 

The one in this thread that basically solidifies what I've said for a couple of months already?  The one that I didn't even post?

The article that Trump his own self corroborated in a rally/Covid update when he tried to send all of his minions off on a China bad/ Me Good trip after foot dragging for months pretty much making sure the infection would be widespread with no chance to stop? 

Is that the article you are on about?

Pretty sure it's old news to me really. I was hot on this trail back in February/March. It's all the way mid April now. We are moving on to sending Concha back to work because this thing is just the flu, and overblown press created hysteria bro. You are backing up if you're waiting on me. xD

Shit! We have to solve this issue of Communist China using Smithfield to plant the bird flu in a turkey flock in South Carolina bro. This stuff you are on about today got solved some time in late February/early March. 

Catch up!