US intel warned Israel in Nov about virus US ignored reports

Horsefly

.....crying concha just cannot accept any sort of trump failure/defeat.

Same attitude he had with Ohio St football......we all had to hear how Ohio St was the perfect college football team for 6 months until we ALL found out they weren't..

He's not over that yet and he will never accept anything negative having to do with don j trump.

Reuters reported that SKorea was able to get ahead of the virus from the results of an exercise they had in Dec was based on a scenario of a pneumonia virus that generated from China.  Those lessons learned helped them prepare for the real thing a month later.  I’d bet the timing of these exercises weren't just luck.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21H0BQ

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Question, why are the articles troll posts not credible but yours are? I mean I understand ABC has been more than fair to this administration. And we all know how reliable anonymous sources are.

https://www.ajc.com/news/trump-administration-pays-bankrupt-firm-with-employees-million-for-n95-masks/5bSmfL2MgWUoUUsInLVzgK/?fbclid=IwAR1CNBr-vwrA_ShYtU5cuycSBxE6k_vHhpmYA2R_mdqDAXk8lQzgvXTclQU

BGW

Just now, Horsefly said:

Reuters reported that SKorea was able to get ahead of the virus from the results of an exercise they had in Dec was based on a scenario of a pneumonia virus that generated from China.  Those lessons learned helped them prepare for the real thing a month later.  I’d bet the timing of these exercises weren't just luck.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21H0BQ

Any news on Japan? 

Remember the fruits want to point to how they're faring without locking down and all when trying to defense potentially prematurely opening up this country. 

Why is Japan doing so well without a lock down while we are locked the fuck down and it's just the flu anyway? 

Or, is Japan doing well? I'm not sure. I need direction. Maybe even someone without TDS could tell me how Japan is doing now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The public’s awareness in taking the virus seriously is the 1st step in combating the spread. He failed miserably in telling the population the severity of what we were dealing with, then lied and said he knew it was a pandemic before it was declared as one. 

the article is very valid, it shows the aloofness of this administration, that even with a head start they still find a way to fail.  

notive the comment about the stock market.  Tells you what was important to him.  

BTW are we winning yet Conch?  Just want to know when America will be great again!  🤡 

The article says that that somebody noted some sick people and Israel was copied on it and their Health Ministry apparently saw nothing actionable. If there is a country on earth not aloof about the safety of its citizens, it's Israel. The article has absolutely nothing damning in it at all.

Saying something about the stock market does not make it all that was important to him. 

Noted your joy at the suffering of the nation as long as it might hurt Trump.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Which article is a big nothing? 

The one in this thread that basically solidifies what I've said for a couple of months already?  The one that I didn't even post?

The article that Trump his own self corroborated in a rally/Covid update when he tried to send all of his minions off on a China bad/ Me Good trip after foot dragging for months pretty much making sure the infection would be widespread with no chance to stop? 

Is that the article you are on about?

Pretty sure it's old news to me really. I was hot on this trail back in February/March. It's all the way mid April now. We are moving on to sending Concha back to work because this thing is just the flu, and overblown press created hysteria bro. You are backing up if you're waiting on me. xD

Shit! We have to solve this issue of Communist China using Smithfield to plant the bird flu in a turkey flock in South Carolina bro. This stuff you are on about today got solved some time in late February/early March. 

Catch up! 

The one that this thread was entirely based upon and which I commented on. Read the title. 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, concha said:

The article says that that somebody noted some sick people and Israel was copied on it and their Health Ministry apparently saw nothing actionable. If there is a country on earth not aloof about the safety of its citizens, it's Israel. The article has absolutely nothing damning in it at all.

Saying something about the stock market does not make it all that was important to him. 

Noted your joy at the suffering of the nation as long as it might hurt Trump.

yea, when I’m in a crisis I don’t get distracted by secondary,  superfluous bs like donald.  Briefing the nation on the virus then slipping in some BS about the market. Shows where his mind is..his electability 

trump is hurting himself, no one to blame for his backlash than him!  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

yea, when I’m in a crisis I don’t get distracted by secondary,  superfluous bs like donald.  Briefing the nation on the virus then slipping in some BS about the market. Shows where his mind is..his electability 

trump is hurting himself, no one to blame for his backlash than him!  

Take the bet bell. 

3 minutes ago, concha said:

The one that this thread was entirely based upon and which I commented on. Read the title. 👍

The article is valid... and so here we are.  22 million unemployed, skyrocketing debt, 35K deaths and unraveling relationships between governors and this administration.  

does that about sum it up? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Take the bet bell. 

How many times are we going to talk about the particulars of this election? He may very well get reelected...it doesn’t make him a great choice.  

I see it as this, I can have a shit sandwich (Biden) or shit stew (trump).   Neither is desirable, b/c they’re both shit! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

How many times are we going to talk about the particulars of this election? He may very well get reelected...it doesn’t make him a great choice.  

I see it as this, I can have a shit sandwich (Biden) or shit stew (trump).   Neither is desirable, b/c they’re both shit! 

Bell again your team has no one to blame but themselves.

You keep repeating he very well win, then post as if he doesn't have a chance. 

So which is it?  Pick one. I'm saying without a doubt he will win. I don't give a fuck the particulars. I'm picking one side over the other. Can you?

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bell again your team has no one to blame but themselves.

You keep repeating he very well win, then post as if he doesn't have a chance. 

So which is it?  Pick one. I'm saying without a doubt he will win. I don't give a fuck the particulars. I'm picking one side over the other. Can you?

The Democrats aren’t my team.

I didn’t say he doesn’t have a chance, I said he sucks.  

I don’t care who you pick, you think one is desirable regardless of the particulars.  I don’t

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The article is valid... and so here we are.  22 million unemployed, skyrocketing debt, 35K deaths and unraveling relationships between governors and this administration.  

does that about sum it up? 

Valid how? What does it tell us?  

"Hey, there are reports of some sick people in some place called Wuhan. We copied the Israelies.  They looked at it and... nothing."

Just what in that article was actionable at the time, Horse? Are you telling me that some apparently undetailed info about reports of some sick people in a rarely before heard of Chinese city should have sparked... what exactly?

Don't dodge.

Tell the class.

What were the actionable details?

What should have been done?

8 minutes ago, concha said:

Valid how? What does it tell us?  

"Hey, there are reports of some sick people in some place called Wuhan. We copied the Israelies.  They looked at it and... nothing."

Just what in that article was actionable at the time, Horse? Are you telling me that some apparently undetailed info about reports of some sick people in a rarely before heard of Chinese city should have sparked... what exactly?

Don't dodge.

Tell the class.

What were the actionable details?

What should have been done?

Do like S Korea, do an exercise to simulate the scenario and see where we have strengths and weaknesses in our reaction and response.  It could have been a simple tabletop exercise or a full blown dress rehearsal.  Either way.  

S Korea conducted one in December 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do like S Korea, do an exercise to simulate the scenario and see where we have strengths and weaknesses in our reaction and response.  

What scenario?

S Korea's outbreak response exercise timing was a complete fluke. It had nothing to with COVID-19.

Swing and... MISS

Predictably.

SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean tabletop exercise on emergency responses to a fictional mysterious outbreak led directly to tools the country deployed less than a month later to manage the arrival and spread of the coronavirus, one of the experts involved said.

“Looking back over the past 20 years, humans were most tormented by either influenza or coronaviruses, and we’re relatively doing well on influenza but had been worried about the possibility of the outbreak of a novel coronavirus,” said Lee Sang-won, one of the KCDC experts who led the drill.

It was blind luck - we were speechless to see the scenario become reality,” Lee added.

14 minutes ago, concha said:

What scenario?

S Korea's outbreak response exercise timing was a complete fluke. It had nothing to with COVID-19.

Swing and... MISS

Predictably.

the US had the intel in Nov, and could have done the same thing with a tabletop exercise.  I said that already.   

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well sir,  would it help if we played the video where the president his own self said in one of his rallies/covid19 updates that the U.S. had intelligence saying they'd seen elevated activity in China? 

Every source should be questioned the same imo. Troll's posts are easy to follow the rabbit hole on. He posts something of an opinion piece from Fox news that has China doing something, then he posts a line or two of his own in there before connecting to a piece from Gateway Pundit claiming something, then he adds a line or two of his own the he posts junk from a blogger. 

A couple of posts later he posts some ridiculous piece that is totally unrelated  but somehow adds China and Smithfield pork to the piece which is totally unrelated, but, the idea is after having us read the first post that supposedly implicates china in a biological weapons release, now the rabbit hole is taking me to a place where I'm supposed to believe China sent the bird flu to South Carolina through their Smithfield pork operations which is evidently a sleeper cell for the communist chinese government. (We're under active biological weapons attack from China! Omg!)

I suppose you find Trolls stories and connect a dots between Fox opinion pieces, to gateway pundit to some off the wall blogger more realistic and believable than that ABC story that Trump himself basically admitted to in a rally/covid update? 

The only part of the ABC story I'm gonna question is why we saw fit to send the Intel to other countries but not take any action ourselves. That seems kinda odd to me. I'd wonder if that part actually happened or not. The rest is corroborated by Trump himself 

Your TDS is making you spew mental diarrhea all over the place.....🤣

A "conspiracy only" thread ..

...is meant for 'conspiracies'....

DUH

😝

PS: check the reply for your "conspiracy only" post....you'll most likely have alot to like and say about the link to the Wall Street Journal...conspiracy 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

the US had the intel in Nov, and could have done the same thing with a tabletop exercise.  I said that already.   

The intel being that some unknown number of people were sick somewhere with an unknown illness of unknown characteristics?

So stop Christmas! We need to have a national outbreak exercise.

LMAO

Hey, I'm curious.  Back in 2009 were you wondering why an exercise wasn't planned? Even for after the pandemic?

Thought not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

The intel being that some unknown number of people were sick somewhere with an unknown illness of unknown characteristics?

So stop Christmas! We need to have a national outbreak exercise.

LMAO

Hey, I'm curious.  Back in 2009 were you wondering why an exercise wasn't planned? Even for after the pandemic?

Thought not.

We had more real time events to better plan for this one genius.  We just came off a 2009 pandemic, had reports we needed to replenish our inventory, we had briefings we weren’t prepared for another viral crisis. then we had intel on a possible outbreak in China 

yea, that was a good time to tabletop to make sure all is in order if we had leadership that was forward thinking . The result is where we are now:  22m unemployed, ~35K deaths, finger pointing and chaos between governors and the president.  👍🏿 

do you lead anything on your job or are you an analyst of one?  Just curious... 

How many people of Wuhan China region came to the United States in January 2020 compared to places like South Korea?

I bet its freaking 10 to the United States for every 1 that went to South Korea and South Korea is freaking next door.

Most of you were calling Trump a damn "Racist" in late January when he closed travel from China into the United States down.

All this..."Ohhh they knew!!!"   BS, nobody knew it was going to turn into a World Pandemic Virus on the level it is.

I bet most of you screaming...." He knew!!!" or the same people running around trying to find toilet paper.. That's how personally prepared you are!!

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We had more real time events to better plan for this one genius.  We just came off a 2009 pandemic, had reports we needed to replenish our inventory, we had briefings we weren’t prepared for another viral crisis. then we had intel on a possible outbreak in China 

yea, that was a good time to tabletop to make sure all is in order if we had leadership that was forward thinking . 

do you lead anything on your job or are you an analyst of one?  Just curious... 

Seems like based on what you're saying it should've happened years ago, "genius".

A certain president who actually presided over the last pandemic did nothing to replenish our inventory. He had years and very direct personal knowledge and experience. Sounds like negligence.

We had reports of an unknown sickness that the Chinese and WHO initially said was not communicable between humans.

I lead the finance function on multi-million dollar global projects, just FYI. Part of that involves critical thinking and analysis, which you are displaying a comical grasp of in this discussion.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Seems like based on what you're saying it should've happened years ago, "genius".

A certain president who actually presided over the last pandemic did nothing to replenish our inventory. He had years and very direct personal knowledge and experience. Sounds like negligence.

We had reports of an unknown sickness that the Chinese and WHO initially said was not communicable between humans.

I lead the finance function on multi-million dollar global projects, just FYI. Part of that involves critical thinking and analysis, which you are displaying a comical grasp of in this discussion.

I didn’t ask about the dollar value I asked about people and processes you lead.  It sounds like you’re the finance poc for the project manager.  But thats besides the point.  

This is a perfect example of you not having a clue:.  Trump was president in Jan ‘17.  He had the reigns, all this finger pointing to Obama is lame and a sign of a poor forward thinking leader.  He had all the resources to retool the inventory and ensure all processes were reviewed and ready.  That was a 3 year head start... he dropped the ball.  He’s accountable because he’s the acting commander in Chief (or in your parlance, the project  manager! ) 

anywhere else, but this presidency, it would be a failure... period! 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I didn’t ask about the dollar value I asked about people and processes you lead.  

This is a perfect example of you not having a clue:.  Trump was president in Jan ‘17.  He had the reigns, all this finger pointing to Obama is lame and a sign of a poor forward thinking leader.  He had all the resources to retool the inventory and ensure all processes were reviewed and ready.  That was a 3 year head start... he dropped the ball.  He’s accountable because he’s the acting commander in Chief.  

anywhere else, but this presidency, it would be a failure... period! 

I don't care.

And you are clearly stating that Obama was himself a poor forward thinking leader. Correct?

And based on the information in that article, the thought that there was something actionable is laughable.  TDS 20/20 hindsight bullshit.

A quick look at the CDC website yields this:

"In the last two years, CDC has sent scientists and doctors out more than 750 times to respond to health threats."

Given the utter lack of criteria you require to demand a national response (literally no details other than an indeterminate number of people are sick with something somewhere in the word), we'd be in a constant state of lock down and the world would collapse. 🤡

Carry on.

Done dealing with stupid.