Maxpreps most popular teans by state

Ga96

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Lowndes finally beat Marietta in Something!

L’ Chaim

Yeah because they can't beat them on the field

But it's expected that clown would throw in shots in there but I knew before I even clicked on the post he would have some comments, probably because Lowndes will never be respected on this board like Columbia is because Columbia isn't afraid to travel OOS and he is so insecure he needs gratification for his worthless team

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Lowndes #1 in Georgia I think all the exposure on utr boosted them last year.

columbia florida not listed for Florida

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/qubpVpGyJ0OHH6eTd9lYEw/most-popular-high-school-football-teams-in-each-state.htm

I think it just shows how misinformed MaxPreps actually is.

Colquitt isn't even popular in Colquitt County.  Shoot, at least half our fans are joining the Valdosta Touchdown Club to help support Rush.  It seems the Cats have a rule that you can join the VTC for half price (during the pandemic) if you live more than 40 miles away from VHS.  Add to that...if you can sing the words to the Valdosta Fight Song...you get a free seat cushion.

When I say...Oh Woe Is Us...I'm referring to the poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs and their remaining fanbase.  The Packer Touchdown Club President told me that this year's Seafood Extravaganza might be held a Captain D's in Moultrie.  I reckon it is what it is.  So say it with me HawgGoneIt and 94Packer....

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I think it just shows how misinformed MaxPreps actually is.

Colquitt isn't even popular in Colquitt County.  Shoot, at least half our fans are joining the Valdosta Touchdown Club to help support Rush.  It seems the Cats have a rule that you can join the VTC for half price (during the pandemic) if you live more than 40 miles away from VHS.  Add to that...if you can sing the words to the Valdosta Fight Song...you get a free seat cushion.

When I say...Oh Woe Is Us...I'm referring to the poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs and their remaining fanbase.  The Packer Touchdown Club President told me that this year's Seafood Extravaganza might be held a Captain D's in Moultrie.  I reckon it is what it is.  So say it with me HawgGoneIt and 94Packer....

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

I think they meant from the outside looking in. Everybody who watches high school football nationally knows who colquitt is. I do agree with you I was talking with some old lowndes coaches a few days ago and we were talking about how it looks like colquitt is headed back to where they were before propst. Lowndes seems to moving on to where they should be. They've been held back by mediocre coaching the last 10-20 yrs. I just hope we can keep that toughness on the defense and O line.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Now back to this post.

Duncanville is barely the most popular team in the Dallas area.  How the hell are they suddenly the most popular team in Texas considering they STILL haven't won anything?

I need to know this wacky criteria.

“We compiled the numbers on high school football teams with the most views on team pages combined with followers between April 2019 and April 2020.”

I think it’s the sample factor.  Kids love recruitment over there and they get a large following 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

“We compiled the numbers on high school football teams with the most views on team pages combined with followers between April 2019 and April 2020.”

I think it’s the sample factor.  Kids love recruitment over there and they get a large following 

Yeah but WHICH team page/pages?  I'm betting schools like Allen or SLC have pages all over the place that aren't being counted.

13 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeah but WHICH team page/pages?  I'm betting schools like Allen or SLC have pages all over the place that aren't being counted.

Could be.

Their team twitter page is pretty active though. They don’t miss a beat when one of their kids get an offer or they do something at the next level and that includes his former kids from skyline too 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I think they meant from the outside looking in. Everybody who watches high school football nationally knows who colquitt is. I do agree with you I was talking with some old lowndes coaches a few days ago and we were talking about how it looks like colquitt is headed back to where they were before propst. Lowndes seems to moving on to where they should be. They've been held back by mediocre coaching the last 10-20 yrs. I just hope we can keep that toughness on the defense and O line.

I'm relatively sure that Colquitt is out of the "national" and "OOS" business.  Conventional thinking at present is to stay more regional.  The trip up to Marietta is more than likely an aberration.   Hopefully, we'll continue the trend of playing the majority of our games (if we actually play football) in Mack Tharpe.  I call it the Lowndes Way.  

As an aside...I hope the Vikings enjoy their excursion up to the Corky.  I hope you enjoy it MANY years.  I hope your school has some deep pockets.  What am I saying...of course you do !!!  Also...I think Coach Dubose is in for a surprise when action starts back.  I don't believe it's gonna be all "sugar & spice".  If you fellers ain't careful...you guys are gonna slip into the deep end without your floaties.

Colquitt is gonna do well to win a Region game...in the Spring of 2021.  Things are so bad...we're not taking calls from Pelham.  It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.  I hope your band is doing well....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

I interpreted it as Maxpreps tracking the traffic that occurs within its own site. I would think sites such as this have algorithms to track its own usage. With it being widely known that Duncanville & North Shore have big OOS games on their schedule, I’d assume that increased curiosity about the two schools from other states.

With the numbers only being pulled from 2019 to now, and them being a part of the last two 6A Division 1 championships; it makes sense that those two are 1 and 2 on the list. 

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I interpreted it as Maxpreps tracking the traffic that occurs within its own site. I would think sites such as this have algorithms to track its own usage. With it being widely known that Duncanville & North Shore have big OOS games on their schedule, I’d assume that increased curiosity about the two schools from other states.

With the numbers only being pulled from 2019 to now, and them being a part of the last two 6A Division 1 championships; it makes sense that those two are 1 and 2 on the list. 

what do they have on their site to a specific HS besides just scores? 

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm relatively sure that Colquitt is out of the "national" and "OOS" business.  Conventional thinking at present is to stay more regional.  The trip up to Marietta is more than likely an aberration.   Hopefully, we'll continue the trend of playing the majority of our games (if we actually play football) in Mack Tharpe.  I call it the Lowndes Way.  

As an aside...I hope the Vikings enjoy their excursion up to the Corky.  I hope you enjoy it MANY years.  I hope your school has some deep pockets.  What am I saying...of course you do !!!  Also...I think Coach Dubose is in for a surprise when action starts back.  I don't believe it's gonna be all "sugar & spice".  If you fellers ain't careful...you guys are gonna slip into the deep end without your floaties.

Colquitt is gonna do well to win a Region game...in the Spring of 2021.  Things are so bad...we're not taking calls from Pelham.  It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.  I hope your band is doing well....

Rufus>>

You are right we are on a testing basis in my opinion. We have to be careful you bring in a different offensive concept and it could mess up an entire program (Fsu) . Dubose will have a shorter rope than the last coach because he isn't best friends with Wes Taylor. That relationship stunted our program the last 10+ years. All Lowndes kids are fine I haven't heard of any being sick. Hope the packer faithful are doing good as well. You guys got a good rising 9th grade receiver he played with us on travel events. Great size speed and hands. He is the kid that I said mom told me she was moving him wherever rush landed so idk if he stays a packer.

• Thumbs Down 1