Amani Toomer - Berkeley

MJD - Oakland

Loverne - San Jo

Asiasi - San Mateo

Boss - Daly City

Atari - San Leandro

To'o To'o - Sacramento

Shall I go on?  That's all over NorCal.

And did you not read my post in the first place?  There are five(!) national caliber (football) parochial schools in OC alone (MD, Servite, OLu, SM and JSerra - all of which have been national top 25 in the past 10 years), not to mention SJB, Oaks, Alemany, Amat, Gardena Serra, Chaminade - with SJB (every damn year), Oaks, Amat and Serra being in the national top 25 the past decade.  The only NorCal school - parochial or otherwise - that has cracked the national top 25 in the past 30 years is DLS (other than Folsom and Grant, 90 miles away).  And the above are just the parochial schools in SoCal that are national contenders.  Cen10 is a perennial national top 25 and MV often is at some point in the season.  Poly and Narbonne have cracked the top 25 in the past decade.  Who in NorCal besides DLS has cracked the national top 25?  No one. Not Pitt, not Serra, not VC, not Liberty, not CV Charter.  None of them.  The point?  SoCal talent is VERY spread out; much more so than the Bay.  Especially the million-person county where DLS is the ONLY D1 football power.  

You had to go back 30 years huh?  That is not all of NorCal btw.  The fact remains that DLS does not get the best players from all of NorCal and that SoCal is the larger population.  

Do you know how many of those players listed going back 30 years played at DLS since freshman or were they transfers?  I know that nobody transferred into DLS for a semester and then transferred out after football season.  The arms race that SoCal is doing with the stacking of 4/5 star players is relatively recent, hence the championships.  

The point about Pitt, Serra, VC, etc, is irrelevant.  There are still talent on those teams regardless of how high they have been ranked.  It is not the talent that allows DLS to dominate NorCal.  And their domination of NorCal doesn't include the many teams who have either lost when they should have won (Bellarmine, SRV) or include teams they never played when they were good (like grant, Folsom 14). 

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2020 at 6:39 PM, GrecoRoman said:

This.  It shows how good MD was bottom line.  IMG is such a BS squad man and unlike many great HS FB teams MD showed it could fac adversity and still come back and win.  MD those couple years was best HS program ever period.

That TB #6 on IMG was nasty.  Early 3rd he was out off that cutback - looked like best athlete on the field.  Tra Sanders was his name....where did this guy go anyone know?

Alabama.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 12:41 PM, World Citizen said:

You had to go back 30 years huh?  That is not all of NorCal btw.  The fact remains that DLS does not get the best players from all of NorCal and that SoCal is the larger population.  

Do you know how many of those players listed going back 30 years played at DLS since freshman or were they transfers?  I know that nobody transferred into DLS for a semester and then transferred out after football season.  The arms race that SoCal is doing with the stacking of 4/5 star players is relatively recent, hence the championships.  

The point about Pitt, Serra, VC, etc, is irrelevant.  There are still talent on those teams regardless of how high they have been ranked.  It is not the talent that allows DLS to dominate NorCal.  And their domination of NorCal doesn't include the many teams who have either lost when they should have won (Bellarmine, SRV) or include teams they never played when they were good (like grant, Folsom 14). 

Kids coming from San Jo, SF, Oakland, Berkeley, and Sac isn't all over NorCal?  What? You have refuted none of my points.  None.  LAC, OC and the IE (total pop = 17M) have FOURTEEN schools that have been ranked in the national Top 25 in the past 10 years.  FOURTEEN!  The Bay and Sac have 9.5M and just TWO teams that have cracked the Top 25 in the past 10 years (hell, longer than that).  That's 1.2M ppl per powerhouse school in SoCal and 4.75M ppl in NorCal per powerhouse school.  None of the SoCal powerhouses get the best players from the region.  Hell, MD had only ONE position (Murao) where they had the highest-rated player in SoCal at that position last year during the season.  (Not even Bryce, until well after the season when he was bumped past DJ.)  The best QB, LB, DE, DT, RB, WR, S, C, OT, CB - all went to other schools.

And so what if none of DLS's players ever transferred.  That wasn't even part of the discussion. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Kids coming from San Jo, SF, Oakland, Berkeley, and Sac isn't all over NorCal?  What? You have refuted none of my points.  None.  LAC, OC and the IE (total pop = 17M) have FOURTEEN schools that have been ranked in the national Top 25 in the past 10 years.  FOURTEEN!  The Bay and Sac have 9.5M and just TWO teams that have cracked the Top 25 in the past 10 years (hell, longer than that).  That's 1.2M ppl per powerhouse school in SoCal and 4.75M ppl in NorCal per powerhouse school.  None of the SoCal powerhouses get the best players from the region.  Hell, MD had only ONE position (Murao) where they had the highest-rated player in SoCal at that position last year during the season.  (Not even Bryce, until well after the season when he was bumped past DJ.)  The best QB, LB, DE, DT, RB, WR, S, C, OT, CB - all went to other schools.

And so what if none of DLS's players ever transferred.  That wasn't even part of the discussion. 

But saying they get the best players from NorCal is mos def not true.  Not even close.  Please list the most starred players DLS had ever had on one team.  Bet you it's maybe 6 or 7.  Maybe.  

• Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 9:29 PM, AztecPadre said:

But saying they get the best players from NorCal is mos def not true.  Not even close.  Please list the most starred players DLS had ever had on one team.  Bet you it's maybe 6 or 7.  Maybe.  

You know as well as I do that few outlets were giving "stars" back in the day, so not an accurate measurement for talent before the mid-2000s.  But DLS  '99/'00 had SIX guys on that team who would MAKE AN NFL TEAM, plus a SEVENTH who would have:

Matt G ('02), Landri ('02), DJ ('00), DWilliams ('01), Tosh ('00), MJD ('03) AND one (KS ('01)) who absolutely would have had he not blown out his knee).

List the MD or Bosco teams that had THAT.

18 hours ago, MD87 said:

You know as well as I do that few outlets were giving "stars" back in the day, so not an accurate measurement for talent before the mid-2000s.  But DLS  '99/'00 had SIX guys on that team who would MAKE AN NFL TEAM, plus a SEVENTH who would have:

Matt G ('02), Landri ('02), DJ ('00), DWilliams ('01), Tosh ('00), MJD ('03) AND one (KS ('01)) who absolutely would have had he not blown out his knee).

List the MD or Bosco teams that had THAT.

That was their once in a generation team.  Clearly the anomaly not the norm. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, MD87 said:

The rank of schools was not part of the discussion either.  Looks like we are having different conversations.  No worries.  

Btw, you have refuted none of my points.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

The rank of schools was not part of the discussion either.  Looks like we are having different conversations.  No worries.  

Btw, you have refuted none of my points.  

What?!  I've absolutely refuted your points.  DLS has gotten kids from all over NorCal, as shown, and the school rankings absolutely bolster my case that your larger population base argument is deceiving and flawed; as it is nullified by the fact that there are 7 TIMES as many elite schools for SoCal's best talent to choose from, vs ONE elite school in the entire Bay and ONE in Sac.  

1 hour ago, MD87 said:

What?!  I've absolutely refuted your points.  DLS has gotten kids from all over NorCal, as shown, and the school rankings absolutely bolster my case that your larger population base argument is deceiving and flawed; as it is nullified by the fact that there are 7 TIMES as many elite schools for SoCal's best talent to choose from, vs ONE elite school in the entire Bay and ONE in Sac.  

You're refuting points that I didn't make, so knock yourself out.  I say that the point that you were trying to make about larger population is wrong.  Your assumption that the best kids go to DLS is just wrong.  IMHO  

If any of what you say is true, why does DLS usually have smaller Oline on average?  Surely there are bigger kids in NorCal.  How about the receivers?  Are NorCal best receivers going to go to DLS where they don't throw much?  How about QB?  Not a place to go if you want to throw a lot.  So basically, not an all-star team of the highest rated players from all over NorCal.  What they do have is players that make first/second team in league/section/etc.  

• Like 2