Spoke to a Silicon valley Guy today

AztecPadre

50 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

@imaGoodBoyNow and he told me he wishes we could get a new barista in our building.   Guess the current lady does not make hi Mochas to his liking.  What say you?  Oh I also heard that his son is wondering who will be coaching his Pop Warner team.  Or should that be another thread topic?  Darn it. 

Wait wtf , what’s goin on , I’m confused 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Hell I figured if your buddies can start random threads about local crap, so could I . LOL

I just don’t get it it’s bad enough they talk in code and they talk about teams only found deep in the bush, they duplicate the exact thread from 7a board , like they have the same conversation twice at the same time on 2 different websites 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I just don’t get it it’s bad enough they talk in code and they talk about teams only found deep in the bush, they duplicate the exact thread from 7a board , like they have the same conversation twice at the same time on 2 different websites 

HAhahaahahahaha.  They recycle threads from their local board to here?  LOL!!!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

In other news, you can no longer order a "black" coffee at Starbucks here in Moultrie. You must say, "coffee with no cream and sugar." No joke.

I’ll bet you can get a better cup of coffee at half the price at a few places around town.  

• Thanks 2

How many on here have been pulled over for no reason other than being a lighter shade of brown?  Love that group BTW.  Had some serious jams back in the day.  But I digress.  I have a couple times and have had some other "situations" where I was 100% profiled by cops and had some never will forget it moments too.  Pissed me the hell off, but there was not much I could do. 

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

How many on here have been pulled over for no reason other than being a lighter shade of brown?  Love that group BTW.  Had some serious jams back in the day.  But I digress.  I have a couple times and have had some other "situations" where I was 100% profiled by cops and had some never will forget it moments too.  Pissed me the hell off, but there was not much I could do. 

My mom got pulled over last year for no reason and she was questioned for having guns and/or drugs in her car. She didn't have any, but the cop still didn't believe her. 15 minutes later, after arguing her case, he let her go with a warning. I guess it's normal nowadays. Moreso of an issue is being viewed as terrorists simply because your roots are from South Asia. I have to remind several people that even though I'm from there, I was born in the US and that I'm not "out to get them". It really sucks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I've never personally been a victim of it, however my buddy flicked off a police man that was tailgating him on the highway. The cop pulled him over and arrested him for disorderly contact and road rage or some stupid shit like that. This guy is white, btw. The case was eventually dismissed, but not without a lot of time and some attorney fees.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’ll bet you can get a better cup of coffee at half the price at a few places around town.  

I prefer the gas station coffee for $1. They have many different blends to choose from and a wide range of different creamers to personalize your brew. At home I prefer the Donut Shop Keurig coffee.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

While living in St.Louis area, I would occasionally cut through the exclusive Ladue/Frontenac area depending on traffic  on my way home from work.  Did it about a dozen times in 9 years, got pulled over 3 times simply because I looked like I didn’t belong there.   After the first pull over, I pretty much knew what the game was.  The subsequent pull overs didn’t really bother me.  I knew it was possible, maybe even likely I would get stopped, but it was a choice I made to avoid sitting in shit traffic.  BTW, each time I just did exactly as the officer asked and it was a matter of a ten minute or so delay.  

• Like 1