Paris Accord

aZjimbo

3 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Like I said....if you have a better plan submit it to King Orange and quit bitching about Obamacare......be better than, zimbo the clown...whatever you call yourself.

We know Obamacare needs work, but people just want to bitch, bitch and bitch. Pitiful actually.

I don't really care that much because I don't use Obamacare.  Most of the people I have found bitching about it in my line of work are on Obamacare.  That's what's really pitiful.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I'll always respect and accept the two of you...Mr. Morons...O.oO.o....I bet you guys chase tumble weeds together!....derogatory?..that's why i'm done with you're sorry texas ass...I'm tired of all the name calling and lack of knowledge that comes from your DUMB ass....all you do is call names like a kid..which happens when dopes like you can't express your views and can't make a point...so go play the name calling game with someone who wants to play with your dumb ass..we're done Tex...I mean Mr Moron....O.o

Scared bitch

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

you did not run off a 4th liberal, did you?

Damned, soon this place will have no left representation. 

I wish the guy runs his damn mouth spouting how the travel ban won't be lifted by the Surpreme Courts so I offer a bet. He cowers down

4 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

As someone who used to work in the Health Insurance industry, let me tell you that the legislation was not only poorly thought out, it was executed with the same care an average 2 year old gives to a coloring book.  It does not significantly help anyone who cannot afford it get actual, substantial care due to the high deductibles, rising premiums, and lack of Dr. choices.  It gave the appearance of giving healthcare relief to the less fortunate without actually delivering the goods.  It is basically a pr move which you clearly fell for after reading your hackneyed, unsubstantiated  screed below:

"Obama did what Presidents have e Republicans refused to help their own constituents, the country, or Obama accomplish anything.  The most important reason for Obama and Democrats doing it, besides being a moral thing to do."

This statement is simply more partisan groupthink.  Not surprised but just thought I'd let you know.  Due to my former job I have personally spoken with a large number of individuals and families that were utilizing Obamacare.  The satisfaction levels ranged from extremely disappointing to mildly disappointing to say the least.  Before you praise something like this I challenge you to really dive into the details and form a non biased opinion.  You seem like an educated guy, so if you do this you will see that the flaws are not manageable and the entire program needs to be blown up.  This was a half measure taken by the previous admin without much teeth.

Appreciate your opinion, which I'm sure is based in fact, however my experience is the opposite.  Maybe it's because of where I live but I personally know of many people who have nothing but appreciation for being able to see a doctor, many doctors in fact.  It has worked pretty good.  

I don't doubt it has serious challenges but I also think we as a country CAN and must do something to fix it.  I believe we can do incredibly difficult and complex things if we had the will to do so.  We have smart people and to just not try because of partisan politics is beyond stupid.  Its too big a problem to just throw up our hands and say "to hard".  

My praise is from my observation and by also talking to people.  Like I said, it probably is a regional thing.  Still, given all that, we still have a major problem that will only get more expensive and not giving a sincere effort to fix it will only make it worse imo.  What do you think of the Trump/Repub effort so far on health care?  Does their effort do anything, besides offer tax cuts to the rich, to help people?

Your being in the health field, You being a lot to the table and I appreciate your views.  We can do better can't we?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Appreciate your opinion, which I'm sure is based in fact, however my experience is the opposite.  Maybe it's because of where I live but I personally know of many people who have nothing but appreciation for being able to see a doctor, many doctors in fact.  It has worked pretty good.  

I don't doubt it has serious challenges but I also think we as a country CAN and must do something to fix it.  I believe we can do incredibly difficult and complex things if we had the will to do so.  We have smart people and to just not try because of partisan politics is beyond stupid.  Its too big a problem to just throw up our hands and say "to hard".  

My praise is from my observation and by also talking to people.  Like I said, it probably is a regional thing.  Still, given all that, we still have a major problem that will only get more expensive and not giving a sincere effort to fix it will only make it worse imo.  What do you think of the Trump/Repub effort so far on health care?  Does their effort do anything, besides offer tax cuts to the rich, to help people?

Your being in the health field, You being a lot to the table and I appreciate your views.  We can do better can't we?  

We can do a lot better if both sides of the aisle actually cared and worked toward a common goal.  Doesn't seem like that will happen anytime soon.  In the meantime Obamacare isn't even a starting point IMO.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Anyone see this? Probably not. Enjoy!

IMG_0208.JPG

...so we cut off our nose to spite our face and breath bad air out of principal??..that is the argument from the right.....because we can't afford to pay for clean air??...how much does clean air cost these days?..maybe we can cut some of the big military spending in his budget to find money to help create clean air for ourselves??...make senses to me...their shouldn't be a price on clean air...we need to make it happen no matter what...common sense to me...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

We can do a lot better if both sides of the aisle actually cared and worked toward a common goal.  Doesn't seem like that will happen anytime soon.  In the meantime Obamacare isn't even a starting point IMO.  

It is really unfortunate our elected refuse to try.  Obama care is the only starting point we have at the moment.  

What do you think of Trumps/House Repubs health care attempt?  

17 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

It is really unfortunate our elected refuse to try.  Obama care is the only starting point we have at the moment.  

What do you think of Trumps/House Repubs health care attempt?  

I don't think there was much of an attempt....the whole industry needs an overhaul not a few tweaks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Private sector should run healthcare with certain guildlines. Fat people, smokers, junkies and people that don't take care of themselves must pay much more... Those that don't comply,may have to die.

Interesting.  What about stupid people?  By private sector you mean our health care should be run by insurance companies right?  That sounds great.  They should have the final say on what medical procedures a person needs or doesn't need.  Based in their bottom line of course.  Why didn't we think of that before?  

Nobody wants to admit it, but, socialized medicine is probably the only humane fix for healthcare. Profiteering and gouging off of people's needs for medical assistance and medicines is slimy as fuck and we all know it. 

Short of capping the costs at some amount for every particular procedure and medicine, there will never be equality as it pertains to people's healthcare needs. 

Wanna profiteer from the medical field go into cosmetic stuff where it's almost all for luxury reasons. 

The ACA stopped too short and the Trumpcare stuff doesn't do hardly anything to close the gap. Take the medicaid billing codes/price guide and apply them universally as a starting point. That should ease the profiteering and create an atmosphere where insurance companies can offer less expensive plans for everyone. 

Instead of letting doctors set the prices like they want, and instead of the system where insurance companies tinker with the pricing but doctors lobby for increases etc., there needs to be a set cap so that everyone involved makes a profit and the consumer doesn't go broke trying to keep their own self, wife, kid or other family members alive. 

Ok... have at me. Beat me up but make it quick. xD

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thc6795 said:

I wish the guy runs his damn mouth spouting how the travel ban won't be lifted by the Surpreme Courts so I offer a bet. He cowers down

not sure I see a correlation between not making a wager and being a meek person

I also am not sure why people wise enough to avoid a fight are often chastised in the diminutive. 

Oh well,

Good morning! Another week. 

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody wants to admit it, but, socialized medicine is probably the only humane fix for healthcare. Profiteering and gouging off of people's needs for medical assistance and medicines is slimy as fuck and we all know it. 

Short of capping the costs at some amount for every particular procedure and medicine, there will never be equality as it pertains to people's healthcare needs. 

Wanna profiteer from the medical field go into cosmetic stuff where it's almost all for luxury reasons. 

The ACA stopped too short and the Trumpcare stuff doesn't do hardly anything to close the gap. Take the medicaid billing codes/price guide and apply them universally as a starting point. That should ease the profiteering and create an atmosphere where insurance companies can offer less expensive plans for everyone. 

Instead of letting doctors set the prices like they want, and instead of the system where insurance companies tinker with the pricing but doctors lobby for increases etc., there needs to be a set cap so that everyone involved makes a profit and the consumer doesn't go broke trying to keep their own self, wife, kid or other family members alive. 

Yep, Obie screwed up out of the box with his pseudo universal/private healthcare disaster.   Hillary-care was the way to go. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Two in 102 years ain't bad!!!

..2?...lol...there are a lot of us on the side of the "intellectual left"....and then you have your Trumper righties here...from the not so intellectual right..the poor guys who fell for Trumps B.S...I didn't think any Bosco grad. could be so naive...BAALIEVE me....:$

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

..2?...lol...there are a lot of us on the side of the "intellectual left"....and then you have your Trumper righties here...from the not so intellectual right..the poor guys who fell for Trumps B.S...I didn't think any Bosco grad. could be so naive...BAALIEVE me....:$

There is absolutely no such thing as the "intellectual left". 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

DBP associating himself with something intellectual...

Pure comedy gold.

• Like 3