So the shooter was a Trumper...

DBP66

6 minutes ago, concha said:

No.  I don't.

I have no issue with citizens exercising their rights to peacefully protest.

Armed citizens weren't there because some people were peacefully protesting.

The fact is that the Marxist BLM organization and anarchists and asswipes will look for any excuse to run rampant.

The numbers of unarmed black men killed by cops in a year can basically be counted on fingers and toes in a nation including 800,000 law enforcement officers and 44 million African Americans.  And amongst that handful are ones who cause their own deaths. Where are the BLM Marxists as blacks kill one another by the thousands every year? Answer: nowhere to be found. It doesn't further the Marxist cause.

Black Americans are as likely (if not more likely) to hit by lightning than to be killed unjustly by a cop.

For the record, there's been tons of initiatives by black people to stop black-on-black violence in cities like Chicago.

The media doesn't cover them on a national scale because they're generally organized by local leaders from neighborhood to neighborhood - and they're just not that interesting to a national audience.

- The issue of how blacks are treated by police doesn't just tie to killings. Blacks tend to be treated with far less patience than whites do and with far more suspicion in any circumstance. 

Throughout my life I've had a lot of black friends, coworkers, and acquaintances - all of them have college degrees and high paying jobs (I know one guy that's from the hood and even he is making $100k a year and lives a nice upper-middle class life). They've all told me stories of being harassed by police in ways that I never ha to deal with - including a friend of mine that has 2 parents on the police force (he looks like a dude from a rough area but is the exact opposite). It doesn't just have to be about people getting killed, it's a behavior by the police towards the black community that is tense and at times volatile without reason. 

An issue can be a big societal problem without being based on the extreme outcomes. The main reason the extreme outcomes (police killings) are at the front of the line right now is because we're finally starting to see them up close and without the police spin (look at the police reports right after Floyd died and you'll see what I mean).

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I'll be honest and no disrespect because I'm listening to the God Emperor speak....

I don't give a shit if they were rioting or not at the time (or ever).

I do know they had criminal records.

I know they attacked the kid and at least one of them was attempting to shoot him. And the kid had a right to self-defense.

Here's the kind of person that attacked him...

https://www.bailbondshq.com/arizona/azdoc-inmate-JOSEPH/172556?fbclid=IwAR073leVjH9BZrL0_fmVaMs-ljcfaP_bYTO2xtegbVb70QKleM_ggfYp9IU

I'm not here to say they were and are good people. It doesn't seem they are. At the very last they're incredibly flawed people that shouldn't have been out there. But in this case it is irrelevant.

This kid ran into the area they were in - they didn't ask for him to run in with that rifle after having blown a dude's head off. They didn't have any idea what was going on behind them other than people were screaming he'd killed someone, and he quite obviously had a rifle with him. - They were NOT privy to any other information. They didn't know he is 17. They didn't know he's there to "protect property only."

He's an active shooter, with a monster weapon in clear view, within feet of them; with people behind him screaming that a person was just killed by him seconds earlier.

Are you telling me that if you're in public and you hear people screaming "active shooter, he killed someone" and a guy with a rifle comes running your way and people are behind him saying he's the shooter that you aren't either 1) reaching for your gun or a weapon (like a skateboard) or 2) running away for cover.

When you have NO other info other than someone is dead and the shooter is RIGHT here - you either react to try and stop him, or you run for cover.

It's ridiculous that you keep framing the skateboard guy and the pistol guy as unprovoked attackers. Say whatever you want about their criminal records or lack of character, but to call them unprovoked attackers is a really dishonest way to portray that interaction. (As I've been saying, the initial shooting is something else entirely).

1 hour ago, DownSouth said:

The guy with his arm blown off and the skateboard guy were NOT attacking him for no reason. He was running through the streets with a semi auto rifle slung over his shoulder, with a crowd running after him screaming he'd just shot a guy in the head with it! They had no idea what started the incident down the street, they were trying to stop an active shooter. 

...I do not think it's fair to say "they had it coming" in regards to the people that thought they were confronting an active shooter that had confirmed killed a guy just seconds earlier at a separate location.

Actually, if you look at NorCalRuss' 2nd video on page 11, the skateboarder is right next to the first guy that ends up dead, so he knew "what started the incident down the street." The guy with the bicep blown loose?

2 hours ago, DownSouth said:

I agree with that.

Blake brought his shooting upon himself. Whatever was on his mind, was a stupid thought. Even if it's an innocent thought like "I'm done with this, I'm going home," if you're ignoring cops with tasers and guns pointed at you, screaming to stop...just stop. If he simply stops, puts his hands out, and talks to the cops - chances are nowhere close to a single shot is fired.

It's a bit perplexing to me that all of these athletes are glossing over that. I get their viewpoint, but it's flawed all over.

Blake can be an idiot that caused his own problems, and the police can have overreacted in a reprehensible way that brings about firing or even charges for themselves. There doesn't have to be a one side is right, only, aspect to this - seems like that time-frame has already gone by to the general public.

And that doesn't excuse the police for being really bad at their jobs there. They lost the situation way too quickly and were clearly unable to diffuse hat was going on (which seemed like it was just a silly fight between a couple of women).

When people say de fund the police (they're idiots, it's awful messaging), what most really mean is re-imagine what the police do and how they're trained. This would be a major example towards re-imagining how the police do their jobs and the tactics used.

Your post is strong but where I have a problem is 7 shots. Same with the Atlanta situation... no need for 3 shots... where in each case, if the shot was necessary, one to the thigh would suffice.

3 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Your post is strong but where I have a problem is 7 shots. Same with the Atlanta situation... no need for 3 shots... where in each case, if the shot was necessary, one to the thigh would suffice.

I mentioned that in a different post.

7 shots is insane and shows the lack of proper training or philosophy in policing.

They're trained to shoot to kill and only that, and that's a problem. There needs to be a real curriculum of when to shoot to wound, to stop a situation from turning deadly (the Blake situation likely would not have been, but seeing him storm toward his car like that really did look like someone going for a gun). There's a lot of situations where force may be warranted, possibly even to the point of needing to shoot - but the police don't seem capable of coming out of this where the person being shot comes out alive except for strokes of luck.

Had these cops not been completely inept they could have just tackled him or knocked him down with the baton. Had they actually done a good job Blake wouldn't have got within 20 feet of his driver side door without explaining why he would need to go over there in the first place.

The entire situation was handled poorly, by all parties - seeing people ignore either side of it is unfortunate.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Actually, if you look at NorCalRuss' 2nd video on page 11, the skateboarder is right next to the first guy that ends up dead, so he knew "what started the incident down the street." The guy with the bicep blown loose?

Which would still give him a reason to try and disarm an active shooter. He maybe knows what started it, you and I definitely still don't - maybe the kid had made a threatening move or comment; the threat level was high (then the kid did go on to kill a guy so obviously it's now 100% a threat area). Walking around with that weapon, at night, in a powder keg situation - to start with - is not helping calm the situation. The kid could have done something sloppy yet innocent enough like wave the barrel too close to somebody that would've set someone off to chase him around, we simply don't know what happened yet.

Rarely does anyone just chase a dude with a big rifle for no reason, in fact I'd assume it's almost never that someone decides to go after a guy with a killing machine for the fun of it.

If you were in an active shooter situation, that has become a kill zone, and you're armed...are you not upping the pistol to try and end it? If you see a window to disarm the shooter (with a 2X4 or a crowbar...or a skateboard) are you not going to go for it if you think you can get the weapon away and end it and possibly save multiple lives or your own?

You have to take the backgrounds of these dweebs out of it to look at it logically.

I'm no character witness for any of these goofballs, but I completely understand why they'd be trying to disarm an active shooter that already killed someone and is now within arms reach of me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

Which would still give him a reason to try and disarm an active shooter. He maybe knows what started it, you and I definitely still don't - maybe the kid had made a threatening move or comment; the threat level was high (then the kid did go on to kill a guy so obviously it's now 100% a threat area). Walking around with that weapon, at night, in a powder keg situation - to start with - is not helping calm the situation. The kid could have done something sloppy yet innocent enough like wave the barrel too close to somebody that would've set someone off to chase him around, we simply don't know what happened yet.

Rarely does anyone just chase a dude with a big rifle for no reason, in fact I'd assume it's almost never that someone decides to go after a guy with a killing machine for the fun of it.

If you were in an active shooter situation, that has become a kill zone, and you're armed...are you not upping the pistol to try and end it? If you see a window to disarm the shooter (with a 2X4 or a crowbar...or a skateboard) are you not going to go for it if you think you can get the weapon away and end it and possibly save multiple lives or your own?

You have to take the backgrounds of these dweebs out of it to look at it logically.

I'm no character witness for any of these goofballs, but I completely understand why they'd be trying to disarm an active shooter that already killed someone and is now within arms reach of me.

Did you even watch NorCalRuss' video? The first dead-guy-to-be, was way out of control long before he started chasing the kid. I think its much more likely that the loudmouth dead guy was the one who started this...not the 17-year old.

4 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Did you even watch NorCalRuss' video? The first dead-guy-to-be, was way out of control long before he started chasing the kid. I think its much more likely that the loudmouth dead guy was the one who started this...not the 17-year old.

the kid got in way over his head..he started running away from a crowd chasing him (because he shot someone already?)...he trips and falls...sees someone running towards him and shoots the kid...he panicked and his gun saved his ass from the crowd...the kid should have been home in bed...not playing vigilantly games and killing 2 people...and all he was trying to do was show what a great "Patriot" he is!!....🙄

10 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Seeing a chunk of posters here seemingly okay with snuffing 2 people out amidst all of those factors is grotesque. That they're okay with this just because they don't agree politically with something is pretty craven.

Grotesque, yes, but not surprising or uncommon.

It's the majority of what this board does.

10 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

That's all that's necessary to get off for self defense. A reasonable fear of receiving bodily harm.

You have a really terrible understanding of self-defense.

Which makes perfect sense give what you've posted.

The response to the threat also has to be reasonable and commensurate. The perpetrator is also required to flee if doing so is reasonable.

The fact that this kid was breaking the law in the first place in being there, drove 20 miles to get there, armed himself with his AR-15 with intent to use it is pretty reasonable evidence that his self-defense case is much weaker than you sycophants think.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Not even close to being finished yet, Baghdad Bob.

We get it.

You think every shooting like this is justified. Nobody would ever go to prison if you were in charge.

Nothing that happened before the incident matters. The fact that he had already killed someone before the second incident is meaningless.

Nothing matters except a minor who was breaking the law in the first place made terrible decisions and now wants those decisions to be whitewashed because he claims self-defense.

We get it.

10 hours ago, concha said:

That said, since when don't Americans cross state and county lines to help one another?

😄

What the fuck?

This is so bad that even concha should be embarrassed.

So it's a self-defense argument until it becomes as "killed two people to help others" argument.

It's good to see that even you're hedging the self-defense argument.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, concha said:

Really?  It seems to me that the leftist point of view on this is that the rioters and looters (many with criminal records, like those who were shot) had every right to be there and every justification. But people being there to protect innocent citizens' businesses is a provocation.  How utterly absurd.

If you have a criminal record the punishment for that is execution by a civilian.

Cool.

Again, why can't you just say that.

Guess what? This kid was breaking the law by even being there armed. He breaks the law and then kills two people. Barely a cross word for him. But the dead guys are criminals and thugs and (insert word).

Typical performance by concha.

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

when you take away the cops the residents will defend themselves. He exercised his 2nd amendment rights and have all charges dropped 

He's not a resident.

He broke the law by being armed and underage.

He killed two people.

But, yeah, he should go completely free because.......well, he likes Trump?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DownSouth said:

The guy with his arm blown off and the skateboard guy were NOT attacking him for no reason. He was running through the streets with a semi auto rifle slung over his shoulder, with a crowd running after him screaming he'd just shot a guy in the head with it! They had no idea what started the incident down the street, they were trying to stop an active shooter.

concha flips out and wants common sense but can't even understand this simple paragraph.

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And going to prison should be the result of the kids' actions.

But you want him to go free.

We get it.

Gotta keep up the 100% self-defense record.

My viewpoint from the videos I have seen is that he was assaulted and acted in self-defense.

The kid shot no one until attacked.

Is that really in dispute?

You act like there has to be some quota for the cop or kid to be the bad guy. 🤡

Feel free to link the video where he is initiating the violence.

• Thanks 1