Grayson QB Del Rio ineligible tonight

Ga96

He has since gone public with the knowledge so the cat is out of the bag, but Del Rio and his family moved to Grayson this past spring, but Javon Baker (freshman WR at Alabama) who was staying with the family did not make the move FROM McEachern since he was about to graduate. That is apparently the hiccup and reason he was deemed ineligible.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Del Rio is out for the season. It appears they have lost their battle with the GHSA. It’s a huge blow to Grayson. Their young QB looked good against Jones County and I’ve heard positive things reflecting his arm talent, but he’s not the caliber of Carlos Del Rio

AF5ECFB8-85FD-4579-A5A2-43F4B62C8765.jpeg

DAMN....I guess I wasn't wrong !!!!!!

But I do feel for the kid....

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

No, you were still wrong last Friday :) You claimed I gave inaccurate/misleading information when I actually gave 100% factual information that I knew to be true 

I also hate it for the kid 

90B70322-438F-43B7-A30F-971E6D01E7FA.jpeg

I've never been wrong a day in my life.

Wait...have you been talking to Ms. Violet?

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

No, you were still wrong last Friday. You assumed his entire family didn’t move and they actually did. I put “sibling” in quotes and explained this. I told you this days ago so you know that silly :) 

I also hate it for the kid 

90B70322-438F-43B7-A30F-971E6D01E7FA.jpeg

Adopted brother makes him a legal sibling.

I'm still unsure why it would matter considering that was a previous school year. Something just doesn't sound right.

They are righting their wrongs from 2016 is what it sounds like.

46 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Del Rio is out for the season. It appears they have lost their battle with the GHSA. It’s a huge blow to Grayson. Their young QB looked good against Jones County and I’ve heard positive things reflecting his arm talent, but he’s not the caliber of Carlos Del Rio

AF5ECFB8-85FD-4579-A5A2-43F4B62C8765.jpeg

Yikes! This reminds me of Dylan Cardwell being ruled ineligible for McEachern this past season after he transferred from Oak Hill. 

52 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

He has since gone public with the knowledge so the cat is out of the bag, but Del Rio and his family moved to Grayson this past spring, but Javon Baker (freshman WR at Alabama) who was staying with the family did not make the move FROM McEachern since he was about to graduate. That is apparently the hiccup and reason he was deemed ineligible.

More to this story.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

What other players did they have that were ineligible? Have those been cleared. Seems like I read that there was more waiting on rulings.

Grayson still batting .990 on transfers.

There is a log jam at the GHSA on rulings for Grayson.   If he was not ever legal how did he practice to start with?  Grayson received an advantage with having an illegal player practice.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

It’s as simple as this. mceachern has a shit ton of sway with the GHSA. Notice “adopted” brother Javon baker played last year with them as did the OOD kid whonis also at bama. 

When you transfer into mceachern you’re good. When you transfer out.......

Well, if McEachern has more sway with the GHSA than Grayson... That's fucking saying something! 

Jeeze. 

To me the reality of the GHSA is that there is an honor system and some ADs are more honorable than are others. Of course after so much spotlight from 2016 the GHSA may have forced some honor onto some ADs. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 6:23 PM, ATLien12x said:

Sibling is in quotations, it’s actually not a sibling, but someone that was living under their roof. In fact that other student has already graduated HS and enrolled in a university. It has to do with Del Rio being a junior, and the other student was a senior not wanting to leave before graduation. So Del Rio went to Grayson, and the other stayed at McEachern to graduate

No one has done anything wrong. It’ll get cleared up in a week or two and he will be Grayson’s QB this year

Okey dokey GSB. 

#trusttheprocess

#itbehappenin’

#transfersarepeopletoo

#BALLERSLERT

bgw

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Grayson still batting .990 on transfers.

There is a log jam at the GHSA on rulings for Grayson.   If he was not ever legal how did he practice to start with?  Grayson received an advantage with having an illegal player practice.

I think they are allowed to practice, just can't enter a game. Not even for one snap. Maybe not even line up and then run off before a snap. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think they are allowed to practice, just can't enter a game. Not even for one snap. Maybe not even line up and then run off before a snap. 

Sounds like del Rio Needs to Lawyer up, 

where’s Colquitts only lawyer one south Ga, you know who I’m talking about 

k Watson would never have had let this happen

17 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The Baker kids season at McEarchern was over by the time they moved. There is more to this than what is being told. 

Yes they moved before the school year started in 2020... both kids seasons were already over. Del Rio has been going to Grayson since the start of 2020. Baker was a senior and graduated from McEachern in the spring. Del Rio had one more year left which is why he went to Grayson. 

Somebody tried to be slick. It's the only explanation. 

Shit! They let the Newton kid play football at Grayson, help them win a state title and graduate at Newton before even receiving his fucking championship ring from Grayson. 

No way this Del Rio kid was on the up and up all the way, or even close to the way. Had to be some slick shit going on. 

I ain't buying someone was just hating on the kid. There's some there there or the GHSA would look the other way like normal. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Somebody tried to be slick. It's the only explanation. 

Shit! They let the Newton kid play football at Grayson, help them win a state title and graduate at Newton before even receiving his fucking championship ring from Grayson. 

No way this Del Rio kid was on the up and up all the way, or even close to the way. Had to be some slick shit going on. 

I ain't buying someone was just hating on the kid. There's some there there or the GHSA would look the other way like normal. 

I've tried to tell the Marietta boys.....don't go pissing off that McEachern crowd...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, if McEachern has more sway with the GHSA than Grayson... That's fucking saying something! 

Jeeze. 

To me the reality of the GHSA is that there is an honor system and some ADs are more honorable than are others. Of course after so much spotlight from 2016 the GHSA may have forced some honor onto some ADs. 

Saying somebody has more sway than Grayson in the GSHA is like saying a somebody at the Alabama football offices has more stroke than Nick Saban.