Lowndes 35 Archer 21 FINAL

TheMaximumHornetSting

18 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Cartersville was led by what will be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Cartersville won their state championship by 51 points that season. Westlake didn’t score a touchdown on offense in FOUR games in 2016.  

That’s the anomaly. Name some more examples. It gets harder

Going back to 2011, Warner Robins (who was 4A at the time) beat Colquitt 16-8 in the regular season. Colquitt was 5A (highest classification) and made it all the way to the semifinals.....both teams did actually. 

Let me take it a level below: Peach County (3A) blew out 6A lee county 40-17 last season. Peach made it to the quarterfinals and Lee made it to the quarterfinals. 

Not sure if you consider making it to the 2nd round as "rolling through the playoffs," but buford (5a) did beat Milton (7a) who made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Sandy Creek (4A) beat 6A Archer in 2014 when archer made it all the way to the 6a championship. 6A was the highest classification at the time. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

This is related to GA. Theres only one real metro area. And 99 x out of 100 the better bigger schools are going to beat the better smaller schools.So if Im making a top ten in GA, more than likely its going to consist of 6A and 7A teams. Whats the point of a top ten if you know small class schools in that ranking would lose to bigger schools NOT in the ranking?  Makes no sense to me.

Okay so I'm guessing that means you would rank a 4-6 team in a larger Classification over an undefeated team in a lower Classification

Ik people do rank that way so it's not entirely wrong, it's not how I would but I understand the justification for it but at some point teams have to win games, if you lose to every good opponent what exactly did the team prove? That a better team can beat them? It didn't prove they belong with the team even though I respect the tough scheduling

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Going back to 2011, Warner Robins (who was 4A at the time) beat Colquitt 16-8 in the regular season. Colquitt was 5A (highest classification) and made it all the way to the semifinals.....both teams did actually. 

Let me take it a level below: Peach County (3A) blew out 6A lee county 40-17 last season. Peach made it to the quarterfinals and Lee made it to the quarterfinals. 

Not sure if you consider making it to the 2nd round as "rolling through the playoffs," but buford (5a) did beat Milton (7a) who made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Sandy Creek (4A) beat 6A Archer in 2014 when archer made it all the way to the 6a championship. 6A was the highest classification at the time. 

That Peach County offense was SOMETHING last year. Didn't they have 68 plus points in 3 or 4 games?

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'm giving all teams that played a pass for week one. I'll probably give them a pass for week 2 as well. This is because of covid interfering with practice, so it's understandable that they were sloppy. With that said, I do believe that it won't bode well for archer if they think running the ball on warner robins is gonna work out for them. And, I think warner robins looked better on offense compared to archer. Throw in the fact that the game is at the Mac.... I'm taking WR. 

Archer couldn't get the yards against Lowndes' front 7. But then again, it's Lowndes front 7. I wouldn't be surprised if they pop off a long run at some point during the game. Archer's short passing offense is a little interesting. They threw a lot of short passes either in the flat or when the receiver would find a place to sit in the zones. I really do think that if Archer took more deep shots or passes more than 3 yards long, they would be a pretty good offense. I can see either team winning this, and it being played at the Mac makes it much harder for Archer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Okay so I'm guessing that means you would rank a 4-6 team in a larger Classification over an undefeated team in a lower Classification

Ik people do rank that way so it's not entirely wrong, it's not how I would but I understand the justification for it but at some point teams have to win games, if you lose to every good opponent what exactly did the team prove? That a better team can beat them? It didn't prove they belong with the team even though I respect the tough scheduling

So if say a 1 loss team in 3A beat up all the other 3A teams, won a state champ,  but lost to an avg 7A team, who had 10 better 7A teams than them you would put that 3A team in a top 10? Why? A reward? Their reward was winning a SC in a lower class. If there are 10 better 7A teams in the state why include this 3A team?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgiagator1 said:

So if say a 1 loss team in 3A beat up all the other 3A teams, won a state champ,  but lost to an avg 7A team, who had 10 better 7A teams than them you would put that 3A team in a top 10? Why? A reward? Their reward was winning a SC in a lower class. If there are 10 better 7A teams in the state why include this 3A team?

Okay so what if that 3a team doesn't play any 7a team 

If we don't have the basis to compare it we would simply be assuming they couldn't beat those teams because they smaller and that's not enough to justify ranking a 3 or 4 win team from 7a higher simply because the 7a team "faced better competition"

A good example would have been Trinity Christian out of Florida last year who went 5-5 in the regular season, at one point I had to drop them out of the top 50 because despite all their losses coming to teams who finished ranked, they kept losing and if a team keeps losing I can't keep them in the same place just because they were losing to good teams 

Another example is in the SEC, let's say you think Kentucky could beat let's say Memphis and Memphis is undefeated but Kentucky is 4-6 at the time, what poll is gonna rank Kentucky higher in that situation?

On 9/6/2020 at 1:48 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Very difficult to say right now because we've seen some teams play and they were almost all sloppy and we still have some teams sidelined due to covid that perhaps should be in the conversation. 

I like Lowndes and Grayson at 1 and 2 like Atlien. Brookwood could creep into a top 5 maybe depending on what we see over the next couple of weeks. Valdosta may be top 5 also, but we saw that they have work to do as well. 

It's pretty fluid until we've seen everyone play I guess. Maybe something like...

1) Lowndes

2) Grayson

3) Parkview*

4) Valdosta

5) Brookwood

*assuming that they present the type of product as expected

No Buford, huh?

Well dammit man.

bgw

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Looked forward to making his acquaintance but he bailed. Did meet whoopum though. Good dude. Have met many posters on the Vent, mostly lurkers strange as that may be. Met one Friday as a matter of fact. 

If omacg is the reason we lose we’re gonna need more than Buddha’s help.

Gospel

OMacG is pretty particular about who he associates with.  Hell, it cost me $50 and a Packer parking pass...just soes I could buy him dinner and a margarita.  I never figured you had much of a chance...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

OMacG is pretty particular about who he associates with.  Hell, it cost me $50 and a Packer parking pass...just soes I could buy him dinner and a margarita.  I never figured you had much of a chance...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Whoopum told me he wasn’t fond of me after I called out the dorsey thing and the GHSA.

Little did any of us know that call was spot on! 😂 

16 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Okay so what if that 3a team doesn't play any 7a team 

If we don't have the basis to compare it we would simply be assuming they couldn't beat those teams because they smaller and that's not enough to justify ranking a 3 or 4 win team from 7a higher simply because the 7a team "faced better competition"

A good example would have been Trinity Christian out of Florida last year who went 5-5 in the regular season, at one point I had to drop them out of the top 50 because despite all their losses coming to teams who finished ranked, they kept losing and if a team keeps losing I can't keep them in the same place just because they were losing to good teams 

Another example is in the SEC, let's say you think Kentucky could beat let's say Memphis and Memphis is undefeated but Kentucky is 4-6 at the time, what poll is gonna rank Kentucky higher in that situation?

Poor example. Would you rank an undefeated Div II or III school over a 3 loss SEC team? The problem is there would be plenty of 1 or 2 loss or even 3 loss 6A and 7A teams for me to rank an undefeated 3A team above them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgiagator1 said:

Poor example. Would you rank an undefeated Div II or III school over a 3 loss SEC team? The problem is there would be plenty of 1 or 2 loss or even 3 loss 6A and 7A teams for me to rank an undefeated 3A team above them.

Maybe a 2 or 3 loss team I may rank higher depending on who they beat 

Not a 6 loss team!