Lowndes 35 Archer 21 FINAL

TheMaximumHornetSting

492 yards on offense for Lowndes yesterday. Left some points on the board, but they were impressive on both sides of the ball against an Archer team that’s going to win a lot of games. Some things to clean up in the secondary, as GA96 pointed out, mainly one player getting burnt, but after seeing several of the top teams this weekend, right now for me, they’re No. 1 with Grayson right behind them at No. 2. Looking forward to seeing Marietta, Colquitt, and Parkview in the coming weeks

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

492 yards on offense for Lowndes yesterday. Left some points on the board, but they were impressive on both sides of the ball against an Archer team that’s going to win a lot of games. Some things to clean up in the secondary, as GA96 pointed out, mainly one player getting burnt, but after seeing several of the top teams this weekend, right now for me, they’re No. 1 with Grayson right behind them at No. 2. Looking forward to seeing Marietta, Colquitt, and Parkview in the coming weeks

@HawgGoneIt doesn’t have to be in order but who u think the top 5 teams in Georgia this year, atlien appears too baked to respond to my questions 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Fucking?!? FUCKING?!?

Dove a little deeper into that 1800 añejo there huh old boy?

I rubbed my eyes to make sure it was the correct “Rufus” posting. 

Well...actually...it was the 1800 Reposado...but the same effect.

I get a tad excited when a 17 year old newbie is trying to impress his football knowledge on me.

I do realize...he has the right to his opine...but Jesus....some of us have been around this game for a WHILE.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Hoss....you understand.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...actually...it was the 1800 Reposado...but the same effect.

I get a tad excited when a 17 year old newbie is trying to impress his football knowledge on me.

I do realize...he has the right to his opine...but Jesus....some of us have been around this game for a WHILE.

Rufus>>

That’s what I’m saying, he’s trying to debate guys on here who’s been watching these teams since you had to download Microsoft from a 💾 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If they had a kicker they probably win vs. Valdosta last night too. 

It's literally on the coaches that they haven't developed in that area, especially considering the stuff you just said. If we all see that, they have to see that, so, what does that say about them that we are still talking about it today? 

Whether it's a culture issue where your best soccer players don't want to be a part of the football squad due to not feeling welcome or acceptance, or if there is no real reward for them by way of promise of scholarship or what.

There is some type of failure there in the staff. 

No you're right. That definitely should be an area of concern. Maybe WR needs to recruit a reliable kicker...lol. I'm telling you: let us get all the way to the championship and miss another field goal that costs us the game, I'm no longer claiming WR. That high school diploma will be tossed! 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

No you're right. That definitely should be an area of concern. Maybe WR needs to recruit a reliable kicker...lol. I'm telling you: let us get all the way to the championship and miss another field goal that costs us the game, I'm no longer claiming WR. That high school diploma will be tossed! 

Thank god Colquitt's kicker Ryan Fitzgerald went to Florida State and not Alabama. He could potentially follow in the footsteps of Janikowksi. Or Roberto Aguayo...still better than Bama though!

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@HawgGoneIt doesn’t have to be in order but who u think the top 5 teams in Georgia this year, atlien appears too baked to respond to my questions 

Very difficult to say right now because we've seen some teams play and they were almost all sloppy and we still have some teams sidelined due to covid that perhaps should be in the conversation. 

I like Lowndes and Grayson at 1 and 2 like Atlien. Brookwood could creep into a top 5 maybe depending on what we see over the next couple of weeks. Valdosta may be top 5 also, but we saw that they have work to do as well. 

It's pretty fluid until we've seen everyone play I guess. Maybe something like...

1) Lowndes

2) Grayson

3) Parkview*

4) Valdosta

5) Brookwood

*assuming that they present the type of product as expected

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Very difficult to say right now because we've seen some teams play and they were almost all sloppy and we still have some teams sidelined due to covid that perhaps should be in the conversation. 

I like Lowndes and Grayson at 1 and 2 like Atlien. Brookwood could creep into a top 5 maybe depending on what we see over the next couple of weeks. Valdosta may be top 5 also, but we saw that they have work to do as well. 

It's pretty fluid until we've seen everyone play I guess. Maybe something like...

1) Lowndes

2) Grayson

3) Parkview*

4) Valdosta

5) Brookwood

Brookwood at 5? I find that very interesting. Check out Collins Hill. They are making some serious strides with Horn at QB and the beast of Travis Hunter at WR and CB. Hunter had 3 receiving TDs with over 150 yards and one pick and several tackles defensively. Collins Hill is a rival of North Gwinnett, but I have the commend their performance against Carrollton and Chaz Chambliss.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

1) Lowndes

2) Grayson

3) Parkview*

4) Valdosta

5) Brookwood

We have same top 3 just with a flipped order on Grayson vs Lowndes 

(Which I'm sure will make some Lowndes fans throw a hissy fit since of the ones on here Georgia gator is the only one who sees any form of reason and logic)

Just now, Columbiafan said:

We have same top 3 just with a flipped order on Grayson vs Lowndes 

(Which I'm sure will make some Lowndes fans throw a hissy fit since of the ones on here Georgia gator is the only one who sees any form of reason and logic)

My 7A power rankings for this week are:

1. Grayson

2. Lowndes

3. Parkview

4. Colquitt County

5. North Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Mill Creek

8. McEachern

9. Collins Hill

10. Marietta

Brookwood is 11 for me. Not fully sold on them yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

My 7A power rankings for this week are:

1. Grayson

2. Lowndes

3. Parkview

4. Colquitt County

5. North Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Mill Creek

8. McEachern

9. Collins Hill

10. Marietta

Brookwood is 11 for me. Not fully sold on them yet.

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

1) Lowndes

2) Grayson

3) Parkview*

4) Valdosta

5) Brookwood

This was my top 10 prior to the games this past week, I haven't updated it yet so I would say Warner Robins probably would drop out of top 10 if I was doing a poll this week 

1 Grayson

2 Lowndes

3 Parkview

4 Buford

5 Valdosta

6 Colquitt County

7 North Gwinnett

8 Blessed Trinity

9 Warner Robins

10 Milton

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Brookwood at 5? I find that very interesting. Check out Collins Hill. They are making some serious strides with Horn at QB and the beast of Travis Hunter at WR and CB. Hunter had 3 receiving TDs with over 150 yards and one pick and several tackles defensively. Collins Hill is a rival of North Gwinnett, but I have the commend their performance against Carrollton and Chaz Chambliss.

Brookwood has some serious offense and I've seen them play. They're going to get better and better and outscore almost all the teams they play. I ain't trusting no Collins Hill. Nope, not trusting them. I understand you were in love with Carollton so that win seems like some juggernaut victory to you.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

This was my top 10 prior to the games this past week, I haven't updated it yet so I would say Warner Robins probably would drop out of top 10 if I was doing a poll this week 

1 Grayson

2 Lowndes

3 Parkview

4 Buford

5 Valdosta

6 Colquitt County

7 North Gwinnett

8 Blessed Trinity

9 Warner Robins

10 Milton

My preseason rankings were very similar.

I had Lowndes and Grayson flipped, Blessed Trinity at 10, and Cedar Grove at 8.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Brookwood has some serious offense and I've seen them play. They're going to get better and better and outscore almost all the teams they play. I ain't trusting no Collins Hill. Nope, not trusting them. I understand you were in love with Carollton so that win seems like some juggernaut victory to you.

Wasn't in love with Carrollton, but I did get some flack for putting them pretty low in my preseason rankings. I think Collins Hill has a lot of potential, especially from what I saw on Saturday. Brookwood only put up 14 in regulation, so I don't know what about their offense captivated you. North Gwinnett's region could be pretty fun to watch this year. Same with Brookwood's.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

1 Grayson

2 Lowndes

3 Parkview

4 Buford

5 Valdosta

6 Colquitt County

7 North Gwinnett

8 Blessed Trinity

9 Warner Robins

10 Milton

I wouldn't have had Blessed Trinity or Warner Robins top 10 to begin with. Buford and Valdosta will sort out when they start playing the others around them in the rankings. Well, Valdosta will... Buford schedule is pretty bad, but they've been good historically so I guess they ride that wave for now. The playoffs will shake them out to where they belong. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wouldn't have had Blessed Trinity or Warner Robins top 10 to begin with. Buford and Valdosta will sort out when they start playing the others around them in the rankings. Well, Valdosta will... Buford schedule is pretty bad, but they've been good historically so I guess they ride that wave for now. The playoffs will shake them out to where they belong. 

If you had it your way, the top 10 would be the ten best teams from 7a, huh? Lol. Isn't that subjective thinking?

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If you had it your way, the top 10 would be the ten best teams from 7a, huh? Lol. Isn't that subjective thinking?

What about Warner Robins or BT says they're better than any of the top 6 or 7 7A or top 3 or 4 6A schools? 

Nothing. I'm a logical thinker and can't see sticking those teams into the top 10 just because they're good in their classifications. They aren't proving any different. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

What about Warner Robins or BT says they're better than any of the top 6 or 7 7A or top 3 or 4 6A schools? 

Nothing. I'm a logical thinker and can't see sticking those teams into the top 10 just because they're good in their classifications. They aren't proving any different. 

We haven't seen BT play yet. Their first game against Forsyth Central got cancelled. If they play Marist next week, I may go to that game.

Just now, ngdawg said:

We haven't seen BT play yet. Their first game against Forsyth Central got cancelled. If they play Marist next week, I may go to that game.

I've seen BT play enough times to know they aren't beating the top teams in the state. They never play any of them and we go through this silly argument every season. It's tiresome. 

We had to argue about Warner Robins last year. They lose to 2nd round loser Colquitt in a blowout at home and then drop their championship game too. 

Now I'm a bad guy because I don't see them in the top ten converation this year after they dropped their opener to 6A number 1 Valdosta. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I've seen BT play enough times to know they aren't beating the top teams in the state. They never play any of them and we go through this silly argument every season. It's tiresome. 

We had to argue about Warner Robins last year. They lose to 2nd round loser Colquitt in a blowout at home and then drop their championship game too. 

Now I'm a bad guy because I don't see them in the top ten converation this year after they dropped their opener to 6A number 1 Valdosta. 

You're not. I don't see them as a top 10 team after their opening loss too. I'm dropping them almost outside the top 15.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

You're not. I don't see them as a top 10 team after their opening loss too. I'm dropping them almost outside the top 15.

But, I'm not seeing BT in the conversation either. I don't care about all the preseason this team has x amount of talent trash. I leave that to all of you that have stars in your eyes. Idc if a team has won 7k 2A championships in a row if they aren't beating Grayson, Lowndes and etc fairly regularly along the line they don't belong in the conversation with them. They need to be a happy 7001st in a row 2A champion. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2