Masks do nothing!

noonereal

32 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Masks do nothing, masks protect perfectly secret service agents in small closed environments with no outside air. 

How one day changes things. 

Masks protect people from looking at other people's ugly faces.  So they do something....

Rufus>>

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This. And speaking of the number of 95. There's probably 95% of people out there using dirty socks and underwear as their "face covering". Such bullshit. I just gotta laugh at the ridiculousness. 

Lol I seen people wearing handkerchiefs and ripped tee shirts , ya like that’s really gonna stop some  crazy worldwide bacteria 

25 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This. And speaking of the number of 95. There's probably 95% of people out there using dirty socks and underwear as their "face covering". Such bullshit. I just gotta laugh at the ridiculousness. 

My boss always said if you can smell a fart with a mask then what the hell you think a virus or chemical will do

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m certified in bacteria Remediation, don’t Think anybody else on here is, I was spraying disinfectant for corona virus before anyone else even know what it was  

well then, why are you not working for the CDC? 

Not enough money in it? They don't see things like you do, maybe do your country a favor and take the cut and straighten them out since you know best?

Just now, noonereal said:

well then, why are you not working for the CDC? 

Not enough money in it? They don't see things like you do, maybe do your country a favor and take the cut and straighten them out since you know best?

Maybe because I won’t pass a background check,

i don’t have the man power or funds to help country, but I do have the resources to keep the stores and apartments near me sanitized 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

This is true, especially when people handle them 50 times a day and use them for a week.  Touch the outside, then the inside and presto - self-infection.

Disagree.  There is promising emerging research indicating masks not only protect the wearer and others, but also when transmission does occur through a mask the dose of virus is reduced leading to more asymptomatic and mild infection manifestations (lowering the death rate).

There is more research and peer review being conducted real time, but for now here is a link to one article in The Journal of General Internal Medicine (Springer) here.

Caveat:  I'm not a doctor, don't claim to be one, and everything is subject to peer review (that's how science works)....BUT the communication about masks has been shitty from the beginning and this thread title is more of the same.  It just ain't much of an inconvenience to wear a mask, all the indications are it's protective in many ways, and is probably the single best vehicle to opening up and staying open right now, so I choose to continue wearing one.  I encourage readers of this thread to consider doing the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I wonder if it hurts to be so stupid. 

It never hurt the 8 Democrats who started the KKK....Never hurt Biden when he saiid, "if you don't vote for me,you ain't Black, never hurt Hillary when she screamed,after Benghazi, "what difference  does it make", never hurt nobama when he said,"you can keep your Dr and your premiums won't go up".....and a plethora of others....

• Like 1