OT: CNN is ISIS... hilarious

concha

Without getting too deep into serious debate about regulation and entitlements...

The right gets confused between capitalism and liberal democracy. There's obviously too many distractions for us all to stay on point as a conservative movement or liberal movement. and different things cause our division. I notice for Concha, it's more about freeing capitalism, and then for others it could all be something else. Jimbo has definitive problems with entitlements, as do some others. Somehow, Jimbo and Concha stand under the same umbrella though, when one's wants caused the other's hates. Still they stand under the umbrella together, one telling liberals to gtfo, the other calling for capitalism to have free reign by deregulation. 

If there never was a great depression, there wouldn't likely have been entitlements that we see today. The only way to have really stopped the great depression would have been to regulate. So in that regard, Jimbo's hate for entitlements was brought on by Concha's free reign of unregulated capitalism.

Similar causes brought on this most recent contraction of the economy as well, but still, we never learn our lesson. 

They're still hanging out under the same umbrella though. Seemingly oblivious to the fact that one of their wants caused the others angst. 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think you misinterpreted what I said (not surprising), and then went off on your daily rage.

When I say I do not feel attacked, I don't mean the hacking didn't take place. I mean that the results are benign.

It is per speculation that the election results were influenced in any way by the Russians.

What damaged the DNC was them colluding with CNN in order to get Hillary elected and the other underhanded shit taking place, not Russia leaking that information. In this event Russia did what the media should have done, exposed political corruption.

Until you rage monkeys can show where Russia bribed US officials or fixed the election fraudulently, then your "concerns" are nothing more than a bitchfest to me.

Again, we as a country attempt to influence elections worldwide. So why should we hold Russia to a double standard?

And lastly, I do not have an issue with "free" press. However, if they want to publish agenda driven propaganda and unverified stories then the will be subject to criticism and distrust. The Russians did not cause this. Many Americans have felt these sentiments for years.

another guy who thinks Russia did us a favor hacking into our election...genius!....it's been confirmed they hacked into our election and for you to say "the results are benign" is pure speculation on your part...we have no clue how much they influenced votes with their planted "fake news" stories....

Why hold Russia to a double standard???....gee I don't know....maybe because they we're successful in f*in our election up??....but we should give them a pass??....

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Without getting too deep into serious debate about regulation and entitlements...

The right gets confused between capitalism and liberal democracy. There's obviously too many distractions for us all to stay on point as a conservative movement or liberal movement. and different things cause our division. I notice for Concha, it's more about freeing capitalism, and then for others it could all be something else. Jimbo has definitive problems with entitlements, as do some others. Somehow, Jimbo and Concha stand under the same umbrella though, when one's wants caused the other's hates. Still they stand under the umbrella together, one telling liberals to gtfo, the other calling for capitalism to have free reign by deregulation. 

If there never was a great depression, there wouldn't likely have been entitlements that we see today. The only way to have really stopped the great depression would have been to regulate. So in that regard, Jimbo's hate for entitlements was brought on by Concha's free reign of unregulated capitalism.

Similar causes brought on this most recent contraction of the economy as well, but still, we never learn our lesson. 

They're still hanging out under the same umbrella though. Seemingly oblivious to the fact that one of their wants caused the others angst. 

I can speak for myself about my beliefs, thanks. That way you don't fuck up. :)

I am a conservative with socially libertarian leanings.

I believe in the narrowly-focused federal system envisioned by our founders.

Education, most regulation and social safety nets should be handled at the state and local levels. NOT federal. Let Texas be Texas and California be California. No need to drive Texas to be (for all intents and purposes) California due to universal diktats from Mordor-on-the-Potomac.

We are the United States, slowly but "progressively" being driven to become a United State.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Do not associate all Republicans as being Christians...

That offends me. 

You and your cult associate all liberals as democrats,,,,what's the bg deal?

Only difference? what little wing nut punks think on a message forum doesn't offend me in the least.

They can talk till they eyes turn german blue...

Just now, concha said:

I can speak for myself about my beliefs, thanks. That way you don't fuck up. :)

I am a conservative with socially libertarian leanings.

I believe in the narrowly-focused federal system envisioned by our founders.

Education, most regulation and social safety nets should be handled at the state and local levels. NOT federal. Let Texas be Texas and California be California. No need to drive Texas to be (for all intents and purposes) California due to universal diktats from Mordor-on-the-Potomac.

We are the United States, slowly but "progressively" being driven to become a United State.

Ok Herbert Hoover. 

So then in this narrowly focused federal system, what would the role of the federal government be in the over-all economy of the un-economically-united states? I'm pretty sure that this type of set of issues is what eventually had a large hand in the war between the states, which was another issue that brought on the learning of needs for regulation from the federal government. 

Must we really keep learning these very hard lessons in the worst ways? 

No need to answer that... I believe that I already know the answer. xD

11 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You and your cult associate all liberals as democrats,,,,what's the bg deal?

Only difference? what little wing nut punks think on a message forum doesn't offend me in the least.

They can talk till they eyes turn german blue...

Sure you don't get offended. You're the softest bitch here next to douchebagpuss66 

Since we are playing around in the CNN is ISIS thread, and CNN recently threatened to dox a redditer... 

In celebration of that, I do here-by play the part of CNN and dox Concha because he has offended me.

ladies and gentlemens of PrepGridIron.com, I herby give you Concha's real identity.

Image result for herbert hoover president

Herbert Hoover.

210 Parkside Drive

West Branch. Iowa 52358

(319)643-5301

xD

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ok Herbert Hoover. 

So then in this narrowly focused federal system, what would the role of the federal government be in the over-all economy of the un-economically-united states? I'm pretty sure that this type of set of issues is what eventually had a large hand in the war between the states, which was another issue that brought on the learning of needs for regulation from the federal government. 

Must we really keep learning these very hard lessons in the worst ways? 

No need to answer that... I believe that I already know the answer. xD

The lessons of the Depression were not something that can only be learned and handled in Washington.

Light bulbs and slavery are slightly differing topics,

44 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

you're making a fool of yourself....check the facts champ...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/07/06/clapper_confirms_17_intelligence_agencies_russia_story_was_false.html

During congressional testimony Wednesday, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper confirmed that the story originally reported by the New York Times that "17 intelligence agencies" confirmed Russia attempted to interfere in the 2016 election has been false all along.

Correction by the NYT, with the clarification from Jim Clapper that the correct number is 4. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a-rather-large-new-york-times-correction/article/2627527

I could keep going, but I'm starting to feel a little badly for you.

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

The lessons of the Depression were not something that can only be learned and handled in Washington.

Light bulbs and slavery are slightly differing topics,

But... What happens when one or three or twenty states didn't learn said lessons? Is the federal government to allow them to bring down the remainder of the states? 

And I agree in principle on the light bulbs and slavery part, yet it's still pertinent as to when federal regulation is necessary.

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Since we are playing around in the CNN is ISIS thread, and CNN recently threatened to dox a redditer... 

In celebration of that, I do here-by play the part of CNN and dox Concha because he has offended me.

ladies and gentlemens of PrepGridIron.com, I herby give you Concha's real identity.

Herbert Hoover.

210 Parkside Drive

West Branch. Iowa 52358

(319)643-5301

xD

Herbert Hoover is dead.

You really are "playing CNN." xD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Herbert Hoover.

210 Parkside Drive

West Branch. Iowa 52358

(319)643-5301

xD

Understanding and analysis worthy of Chip. Again. Are you another his alter egos? :P

Shall we get into how you just likened me to the man who brought us into the Progressive Era? And move on to discuss how FDR's policies extended the Depression?

Just now, zulu1128 said:

Herbert Hoover is dead.

You really are "playing CNN." xD

This is FAKE NEWS! 

Herbert Hoover does currently reside at that address, and he's not likely to answer that phone number, but from 8 to 5 p.m. central, one of his agents will answer. xD

• Like 1

Understanding and analysis worthy of Chip. Again. Are you another his alter egos? :P

Shall we get into how you just likened me to the man who brought us into the Progressive Era? And move on to discuss how FDR's policies extended the Depression?

Ha! Those must be the alternate facts that we keep hearing about from the president's staff. 

I thought that Hoover's minimalist approach was what was widely considered to have allowed the depression to deepen, and Roosevelt's policies put the people back to work which launched us into the progressive era. 

"I once built a railroad, and I made it run. I made it race against time. Once I built a railroad, and now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?"

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

another guy who thinks Russia did us a favor hacking into our election...genius!....it's been confirmed they hacked into our election and for you to say "the results are benign" is pure speculation on your part...we have no clue how much they influenced votes with their planted "fake news" stories....

Why hold Russia to a double standard???....gee I don't know....maybe because they we're successful in f*in our election up??....but we should give them a pass??....

You nor anyone else can prove any influence whatsoever from Russian hacks, much less how much influence.

I would think the American left and right wing nut fake news sites had more of an influence than the Russians, but I'm not a butthurt liberal, so there's that.

You and the loony left just need an excuse for losing the election (in impressive fashion may I add). Cry me a river and blame the Russians.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You nor anyone else can prove any influence whatsoever from Russian hacks, much less how much influence.

I would think the American left and right wing nut fake news sites had more of an influence than the Russians, but I'm not a butthurt liberal, so there's that.

You and the loony left just need an excuse for losing the election (in impressive fashion may I add). Cry me a river and blame the Russians.

He subscribes to the theory that if you say it enough times, it'll come true.  7 years from now, he and the rest of the raging leftist loony extreme domestic-terrorists will be blithering the same shit.

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ha! Those must be the alternate facts that we keep hearing about from the president's staff. 

I thought that Hoover's minimalist approach was what was widely considered to have allowed the depression to deepen, and Roosevelt's policies put the people back to work which launched us into the progressive era. 

"I once built a railroad, and I made it run. I made it race against time. Once I built a railroad, and now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?"

To which "staff" do you refer? Trump's? Or Cankle's "husband's"?

The beginning of the Progressive Era is widely attributed to Hoover.  Your ignorance of this is understandable given your political leanings.   ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=fdr+policies+extended+depression&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS691US691&oq=fdr+policies+extended+depression&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.11167j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

23 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

He subscribes to the theory that if you say it enough times, it'll come true.  7 years from now, he and the rest of the raging leftist loony extreme domestic-terrorists will be blithering the same shit.

Joseph Goebbels approves this analysis.

"A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth."

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."

"Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose."

• Like 1

To which "staff" do you refer? Trump's? Or Cankle's "husband's"?

The beginning of the Progressive Era is widely attributed to Hoover.  Your ignorance of this is understandable given your political leanings.   ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=fdr+policies+extended+depression&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS691US691&oq=fdr+policies+extended+depression&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.11167j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yeah, I've read a lot of those type stories. I also know that Hoover gets a bit of a bad rap, because he inherited a mess pretty much, but can't really find myself able to correlate Hoover's minimalist approach with launching us into the progressive era. 

Pretty sure that I read somewhere that Roosevelt saved capitalism in 8 days by securing the banks and forming the FDIC. He also "primed the pumps" of the economy by returning a few billion dollars to the states for them to give immediate relief to what used to be the middle class, you know, the ones that built the railroads and made them run but found themselves starving not long after making so many people rich. 

Let's not even mention how Hoover turned the U.S. military on their own veterans that were living in D.C., in pretty much a similar type protest as the Occupy Wall Street movement. Poor veterans that only wanted their bonus money they were promised a little early to save them from starvation. Instead they got tear gas and beaten. 

Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe all that is what created the progressive movement we know today. Oh damn, you said progressive era, not movement. :P

A crushing semantic victory for Chi... Hawg.

Well done.

I think one could also argue and credit Hoover with creating the electoral map that we see today. By not really taking quick and decisive action to slow the deepening of the depression, the people that were hurt the earliest and worse were in what we now know to be primarily red states on the electoral map. Vast majorities of them migrated away to major economic centers, California, New York etc., which are now the blue states. Those folks are the ones that turned against the republicans and never returned, and the folks that stuck it out in the worst places forever fault and frown on them for having a different mentality as it pertained to starving or helping the starving out. 

Taaaa daaaa! 

Anyway... sad times for everyone. The ones moving to the economic centers pretty much did so because the landfills offered more scraps to eat. Maybe we'll deregulate back to the point where we can learn all about that stuff again. Wouldn't that be neat? 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think one could also argue and credit Hoover with creating the electoral map that we see today. By not really taking quick and decisive action to slow the deepening of the depression, the people that were hurt the earliest and worse were in what we now know to be primarily red states on the electoral map. Vast majorities of them migrated away to major economic centers, California, New York etc., which are now the blue states. Those folks are the ones that turned against the republicans and never returned, and the folks that stuck it out in the worst places forever fault and frown on them for having a different mentality as it pertained to starving or helping the starving out. 

Taaaa daaaa! 

Anyway... sad times for everyone. The ones moving to the economic centers pretty much did so because the landfills offered more scraps to eat. Maybe we'll deregulate back to the point where we can learn all about that stuff again. Wouldn't that be neat? 

The move to major industrial centers was already established and ongoing.

I guess you might be right apart from the elections of '52, '56, '68, '72...

If a "turn against the Republicans" happened, it began with the misnomered "Great Society".  

"Give a man a fish and convince him that he's a helpless victim that only you can help, and he'll vote for you next election. Teach a man to fish and he might make a smart decision on his own."

Immigration turned California blue - not people moving in from Oklahoma.  The story of recent elections is not urban areas going Democrat - that has long been true.  It is the degree to which Democrats are getting crushed in rural America - even in places where people voted Democrat before.  Clinton hit her #s in large part in the Rust Belt cities and in the Democrat areas of Florida.  The massive rural vote for Trump was new for the GOP and buried her.

• Like 1