After a 68% drop in viewership, NBA will no longer promote “BLM” on Jerseys or on the courts

imaGoodBoyNow

50 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I have to laugh... what makes you think the rating decline is do to the insane slogans on back of the idiots Jerseys? 

Do you really think Joe hillbilly was watching the games in the first place? LOL

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I have to laugh... what makes you think the rating decline is do to the insane slogans on back of the idiots Jerseys? 

Do you really think Joe hillbilly was watching the games in the first place? LOL

Hmmm. Interesting argument. I religiously watched Bird, Magic, The Doctor, Jordan and on an on. I had Golden State season tix from ‘11 to ‘18. I upgraded seats 3 times to the point where they were pretty damn good at the end. They just became too damn expensive sadly. Bit understandable considering. Minus ‘11 and ‘12, the rest were absolutely incredible as you know. I rarely missed a game and I watched every away game on tv. My evenings were designed around going to the O or watching on TV. For Years it was that way. 

This year, I have not one single second of the NBA, NFL, not any other pro sports for that matter. You’re gaslighting as usual if you think that BLM political bullshit hasn’t effected viewership. I would die to be able get relief and entertainment from pro sports with all of the political BS in the world and the scamdemic. But I won’t watch em for obvious reasons. And clearly there’s millions of others that feel the same. Nice try. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Hmmm. Interesting argument. I religiously watched Bird, Magic, The Doctor, Jordan and on an on. I had Golden State season tix from ‘11 to ‘18. I upgraded seats 3 times to the point where they were pretty damn good at the end. They just became too damn expensive sadly. Bit understandable considering. Minus ‘11 and ‘12, the rest were absolutely incredible as you know. I rarely missed a game and I watched every away game on tv. My evenings were designed around going to the O or watching on TV. For Years it was that way. 

This year, I have not one single second of the NBA, NFL, not any other pro sports for that matter. You’re gaslighting as usual if you think that BLM political bullshit hasn’t effected viewership. I would die to be able get relief and entertainment from pro sports with all of the political BS in the world and the scamdemic. But I won’t watch em for obvious reasons. And clearly there’s millions of others that feel the same. Nice try. 

you are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more extreme than most.

I would be shocked if 1 tenth of the fall off were from political bias. 

Season tickets must have been a blast. I had season tickets for years for soccer... long time ago when the Cosmos drew 70,000 a match. Club house passes and parking right in front of the clubhouse. Memories have lasted a lifetime as are the friendships i forger with many of the players.

Good stuff!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

I can’t speak for the joe dirts out there but thIs  greazeball Italian was a big Reggie Miller paja stojakovic fan growing up , huge Luca Doncic fan

always watched some basketball, but now I refuse to even bet on the game, there’s nothing interesting for me to watch,   

they are memorializing a bunch  of criminals, rapists, violent felons who don’t know how to comply

this is fucking retarded 1000%, Ga96 dumbass is blaming salary caps and contracts for viewership decline, what a dunce, were in a lockdown and most things are shut down and everyone should be home looking for something to watch on tv, ratings shouldn’t be down they should be up, but nba made it unwatchable for us to follow 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get woke, go broke. 

Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization. The NBA and every other ass clown who supports this group deserves the bad voodoo that comes their way. Lol. 

There can always be a conversation about police accountability and reforms in the inner city, but to support a terrorist group who wants to abolish police is asinine. It’s so radical that only die hard fans will stick around. No mainstream individual supports any of this garbage.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Again, this is a completely made-up narrative by right-wing ideologues who want to dunk on the NBA.

There's no evidence for it whatsoever.

Steep NBA playoff drop in line with broader trend

While the coverage might make one believe that the NBA suffered a sharper ratings drop than any other league, the numbers tell a different story.

The 2020 NBA Playoffs averaged 3.04 million viewers across ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV (83 telecasts), down 37% from last year, when the postseason took place as scheduled in April, May and June (4.83M).

The 37 percent decline is in line with the broader trend facing the sports industry since the wave of cancellations and postponements in March. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs declined an almost identical 38% across NBC’s TV and digital platforms (from 1.53M to 953K) and the MLB Division Series sank 40% on TBS, FS1 and MLB Network (from 3.04M to 1.82M).

sports viewership trend

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

everyone should be home looking for something to watch on tv,

most folks were back to work and the games were on all day. 

Personally I think it was ridiculous that all sports waited sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to come back. That hurt them worse than anything, IMHO. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Personally I think it was ridiculous that all sports waited sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to come back. That hurt them worse than anything, IMHO. 

We were all addicted to sports, the covid PlanDemic made us go cold turkey now  we know how to go on thru out the day with talking about or watching sports

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Again, this is a completely made-up narrative by right-wing ideologues who want to dunk on the NBA.

There's no evidence for it whatsoever.

Steep NBA playoff drop in line with broader trend

While the coverage might make one believe that the NBA suffered a sharper ratings drop than any other league, the numbers tell a different story.

The 2020 NBA Playoffs averaged 3.04 million viewers across ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV (83 telecasts), down 37% from last year, when the postseason took place as scheduled in April, May and June (4.83M).

The 37 percent decline is in line with the broader trend facing the sports industry since the wave of cancellations and postponements in March. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs declined an almost identical 38% across NBC’s TV and digital platforms (from 1.53M to 953K) and the MLB Division Series sank 40% on TBS, FS1 and MLB Network (from 3.04M to 1.82M).

sports viewership trend

I do not watch the NHL. What did they write on their Jerseys to keep so many from watching? 😉

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...

So you're telling me that this was a completely made-up narrative?

No way!

NBA playoff openers cruise past ’20, edge ’19

The NBA Playoffs not only rebounded from last year’s poor start in the “bubble,” but edged past 2019 as well.

The opening weekend of the NBA Playoffs averaged 2.89 million viewers across ESPN, ABC and TNT, up 49% from the first eight games of last year’s postseason, which aired on a Monday and Tuesday in August, and up slightly from the last traditional postseason in 2019 (2.84M). The average is identical to the six Play-in Tournament games that preceded the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, noonereal said:

IMHO a lot of people started Binge Watching stuff and just lost track of games except the big ones. I know I was into Binge watching big time. Still watched College football anytime anywhere.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

IMHO a lot of people started Binge Watching stuff and just lost track of games except the big ones. I know I was into Binge watching big time. Still watched College football anytime anywhere.

College football yes....

There is sport,

and then there is "professional" sport. 🤓

(as in bought+paid for 🙄)

PS: Freakin' Amateurs...🤣

BTW: soooooooo WHO owns your 'sport' ??? 🤔