The time has come

DarterBlue

My silence over the past month reflected my desire for introspection. For I realized that as we got closer to the election, things were only going to get nastier and more divisive on this board (as well as broadly in the county) and I felt a need to remove myself from this. I have lived in the USA for over 37 years now. So, in a very real sense, it is home. However, unlike citizens born here who have never lived elsewhere, it is not the only home I have had. Thus, my perspective has always and will always be different than that of native-born Americans. To a degree, this is part of the reason I believe the founders of this country inserted the “native born citizen language” when determining who could and could not be President (Perhaps they realized that deep love at the core of one’s being is largely predicated on birth and acculturation.). That and the fact that the country was born out of rebellion and at the time there was a very real fear that it might not survive due to invasion from Britain or other hostile European powers.

Over the time I have been silent, I took the time to spend a week in Arizona, as I have always had an affinity for the deep west of the United States. This affinity preceded my arrival here and, perhaps, was kindled by the John Galsworthy poem, “The Desert Song” which I learned as a 7th grader. The trip to Arizona was made to shut out the rest of the world which I always do when I need to think deeply. For while I do consult with others, the final decision on any life altering course of action, has always and must always be mine. The goal was to map out the pros and cons of any course of action based on the results of the upcoming election for President and Congress.   

Well, the results are in and they are inconclusive. On the one hand, Trump, regardless of whatever some on this board may choose to believe, was legitimately voted out of office. On the other, the margin of victory was relatively narrow, given the turmoil that has surrounded his Presidency. And, outside of Trump’s loss, the Republican Party can view the election results as favorable overall. Further, the results also demonstrated unequivocally, I believe, that there is a very large segment of America (40 percent or more), that not only views Trump and Trumpism favorably, but also cares little for the system of Government that has prevailed in this country of almost 250 years. Thus, assuming Trump eventually comes to accept the reality of his defeat (and this is a big assumption that may or may not play out), there is a very real chance that either Trump or a “Tom Cotton” like figure may prevail in 2024.

For me the above is unacceptable. I am a minority’s minority. I have the DNA of: Africa, Asia and Europe flowing through my veins. I am truly, from an objective perspective neither black, nor white, nor yellow, nor red, nor brown. But I am and will always be a member of the human species. Given my heritage, it is critical for my own preservation and that of any that may descend from me, that we live in a country that is governed by an established, respected rule of law. One whose rule of law respects the rights of all humans and not just those of a certain race or ethnicity. It is increasingly clear to me that there is a present and future danger that America is in very real danger of not being such a country. Thus, I shall proceed with plans to leave.

Again, assuming that Trump steps down with minimal strife surrounding his departure, I have bought myself a three-year window to depart. This fits in well with my wife’s anticipated retirement (she does so in 2 years and 9 months at the end of the 2023 school year). During this time my goals are thus: 1. Make sure I identify the correct place to move to that is right for us; 2. Take the necessary steps (residency requirements, relocation of assets, etc.) to make the departure a smooth one.

Over this period, I will be busy and, upon reflection, will not have time for many of the activities I have busied myself with during my 2.5 year retirement. Thus, this will be my last post on this board. I could have slunk off into the night without leaving this post, but, since in a sense, it is a community, chose to use this post to say goodbye. This goodbye is to both my “friends and detractors” here. I have met only a tiny few of you, but over the past 3.5 years feel I have come to know some of you fairly well. To both my friends and enemies here, I wish you all well.

Shalom! I really mean that.

It fascinates me how a bullshit narrative can we woven for political/propaganda purposes to the point that its own adherents actually buy into it as truth.

Darter seems to truly believe that Trump (or someone like him in the near future) poses a real threat to the freedom and safety of people of color. Ridiculous.

Based on what?

He even thinks Trump would set up camps for minorities if given a second term! Intellectually dishonest asshattery and fantasy of the first order.

He ignores decades of Democrat pandering and rule over huge swathes of black America, which have resulted in generations of people facing mass incarceration, poor schools, violence and little opportunity. 

In fact, this is the party he supports and views as goodness and light!  His preferred candidate once called school integration a "racial jungle". He was an author of the 1994 crime bill that furthered mass incarceration.

Fortunately, there are many blacks who actually live in reality and are recognizing the bullshit as bullshit. Despite all the leftist propaganda, it looks like Trump realized election results amongst minorities not seen in 60 years.

Bon-effing-voyage...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

It fascinates me how a bullshit narrative can we woven for political/propaganda purposes to the point that its own adherents actually buy into it as truth.

Darter seems to truly believe that Trump (or someone like him in the near future) poses a real threat to the freedom and safety of people of color. Ridiculous.

Based on what?

He even thinks Trump would set up camps for minorities if given a second term! Intellectually dishonest asshattery and fantasy of the first order.

He ignores decades of Democrat pandering and rule over huge swathes of black America, which have resulted in generations of people facing mass incarceration, poor schools, violence and little opportunity. 

In fact, this is the party he supports and views as goodness and light!  His preferred candidate once called school integration a "racial jungle". He was an author of the 1994 crime bill that furthered mass incarceration.

Fortunately, there are many blacks who actually live in reality and are recognizing the bullshit as bullshit. Despite all the leftist propaganda, it looks like Trump realized election results amongst minorities not seen in 60 years.

Bon-effing-voyage...

Go play in 285 rush hour traffic, you malignant narcissistic piece of shit. 

The earth is a better place without that hateful, venomous, racist, alt right diatribe. 

Once, I figured you to be the intellectual over here and a worthy debater for what it’s worth. 

Well fuck, live and learn... right up there with my initial assessment of Trumpy; I was wrong. 

Fuck off Concha,

bgw

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

My silence over the past month reflected my desire for introspection. For I realized that as we got closer to the election, things were only going to get nastier and more divisive on this board (as well as broadly in the county) and I felt a need to remove myself from this. I have lived in the USA for over 37 years now. So, in a very real sense, it is home. However, unlike citizens born here who have never lived elsewhere, it is not the only home I have had. Thus, my perspective has always and will always be different than that of native-born Americans. To a degree, this is part of the reason I believe the founders of this country inserted the “native born citizen language” when determining who could and could not be President (Perhaps they realized that deep love at the core of one’s being is largely predicated on birth and acculturation.). That and the fact that the country was born out of rebellion and at the time there was a very real fear that it might not survive due to invasion from Britain or other hostile European powers.

Over the time I have been silent, I took the time to spend a week in Arizona, as I have always had an affinity for the deep west of the United States. This affinity preceded my arrival here and, perhaps, was kindled by the John Galsworthy poem, “The Desert Song” which I learned as a 7th grader. The trip to Arizona was made to shut out the rest of the world which I always do when I need to think deeply. For while I do consult with others, the final decision on any life altering course of action, has always and must always be mine. The goal was to map out the pros and cons of any course of action based on the results of the upcoming election for President and Congress.   

Well, the results are in and they are inconclusive. On the one hand, Trump, regardless of whatever some on this board may choose to believe, was legitimately voted out of office. On the other, the margin of victory was relatively narrow, given the turmoil that has surrounded his Presidency. And, outside of Trump’s loss, the Republican Party can view the election results as favorable overall. Further, the results also demonstrated unequivocally, I believe, that there is a very large segment of America (40 percent or more), that not only views Trump and Trumpism favorably, but also cares little for the system of Government that has prevailed in this country of almost 250 years. Thus, assuming Trump eventually comes to accept the reality of his defeat (and this is a big assumption that may or may not play out), there is a very real chance that either Trump or a “Tom Cotton” like figure may prevail in 2024.

For me the above is unacceptable. I am a minority’s minority. I have the DNA of: Africa, Asia and Europe flowing through my veins. I am truly, from an objective perspective neither black, nor white, nor yellow, nor red, nor brown. But I am and will always be a member of the human species. Given my heritage, it is critical for my own preservation and that of any that may descend from me, that we live in a country that is governed by an established, respected rule of law. One whose rule of law respects the rights of all humans and not just those of a certain race or ethnicity. It is increasingly clear to me that there is a present and future danger that America is in very real danger of not being such a country. Thus, I shall proceed with plans to leave.

Again, assuming that Trump steps down with minimal strife surrounding his departure, I have bought myself a three-year window to depart. This fits in well with my wife’s anticipated retirement (she does so in 2 years and 9 months at the end of the 2023 school year). During this time my goals are thus: 1. Make sure I identify the correct place to move to that is right for us; 2. Take the necessary steps (residency requirements, relocation of assets, etc.) to make the departure a smooth one.

Over this period, I will be busy and, upon reflection, will not have time for many of the activities I have busied myself with during my 2.5 year retirement. Thus, this will be my last post on this board. I could have slunk off into the night without leaving this post, but, since in a sense, it is a community, chose to use this post to say goodbye. This goodbye is to both my “friends and detractors” here. I have met only a tiny few of you, but over the past 3.5 years feel I have come to know some of you fairly well. To both my friends and enemies here, I wish you all well.

Shalom! I really mean that.

You really shouldn't let redneck agenda's run you out of town....sorta speak.

That said. If a man can find peace and clarity elsewhere that's probably where he needs to go/be. Just not sure where that is or would be. Some men search their entire lives trying to find such a place.

Good luck and peace!

6 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

the margin of victory was relatively narrow

Joe Biden will get 81 millions votes and he flipped 5 states in the process.

...the donald flipped NO ONE.

This election was a landslide/blowout in every sense.

It sorta feels like you are turning your back on those people who made a powerful and impressive statement. It's time to rejoice.

BUT, I understand!

On 11/16/2020 at 6:59 AM, concha said:

It fascinates me how a bullshit narrative can we woven for political/propaganda purposes to the point that its own adherents actually buy into it as truth. [...]

If that's the sort of thing that fascinates you, check out the election news on Newsmax and OANN.

@GardenStateBaller gives them his fullest recommendation. 

• Haha 1