Heroin has killed x3 more people in San Fran than COVID

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yet no one says a word about that, no lock downs because of it, shit , states are legalizing it now

https://www.yahoo.com/news/overdose-deaths-far-outpace-covid-190713845.html

It’s actually all about Fentanyl.  It’s some pretty nasty stuff.  It’s been prescription legal for quite some time.  The FDA loves unleashing ever more powerful and addictive pain medications on our society.  

Our Chinese friends love it even more happily supplying Mexican cartels with the building block chemicals, and our Mexican friends love cooking up their own special version and sending it North through the increasingly porous border.  

Of course none of this would be possible without an insatiable market and that’s where we come in.  You think it’s bad now?  Wait four more years and watch how the combined effects of reduced (if not eliminated) border security, reduced enforcement of drug related crime, and turning a blind eye to the seedier side of the love affair with China, help to make the party rock even more.   

• Thumbs Down 1

What’s sad is only a few politicians speak about it and it gets lost in the shuffle. People don’t know or care about it because the mainstream media doesn’t tell you to know or care. It should have a fear mongering chart on CNN blocking half the screen showing all the opioid deaths that are crippling our society. Not some flu with a 99 percent survival rate 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What’s sad is only a few politicians speak about it and it gets lost in the shuffle. People don’t know or care about it because the mainstream media doesn’t tell you to know or care. It should have a fear mongering chart on CNN blocking half the screen showing all the opioid deaths that are crippling our society. Not some flu with a 99 percent survival rate 

Yes but we can do something about Covid.  If only every single American had worn a mask for a few weeks we would be sitting pretty and laughing at the rest of the world.  

The massive drug overdose problem, background noise, might as well write that off as natural cause these days.

If some addict wants to stick a needle in his/her arm and eventually kill themselves using that shit, I don’t care.

This difference is what they’re doing to themselves can’t affect me unless he/she jab a needle in me. You can’t spread heroin addiction  like you can spread a Covid infection simply by breathing, talking or sneezing on someone. Sticking needle in your arm is a deliberate act by an individual. Covid can be spread by an individual without them knowing they have it if their A symptomatic or in the first few days of their infection, a non-deliberate act. Apples to Oranges comparison.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

If some addict wants to stick a needle in his/her arm and eventually kill themselves using that shit, I don’t care.

This difference is what they’re doing to themselves can’t affect me unless he/she jab a needle in me. You can’t spread herion addition like you can spread a Covid infection simply by breathing, talking or sneezing on someone. Sticking needle in your arm is a deliberate act by an individual. Covid can be spread by an individual without them knowing they have it if their A symptomatic or in the first few days of their infection, a non-deliberate act. Apples to Oranges comparison.

People on hard drugs commit violent crimes, they drive fucked up, they leave syringes at the parks, tell us again how it doesn’t affect the community 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

When Liberalism manifested in SF, in many forms and APPEASENT was allowed, it fell apart...Now  an abject shithole.....Democrat cites, when looked at, are a disgraced...... ........

2 hours ago, DLS350 said:

So of course you must be in favor of free restroom accommodations at your local starbucks to shoot up in correct?

or is that too close to home .....

How mighty left and liberal of you tho.

and caring woud be free clinics or not supporting the deliquency ?

PS: either way your tax dollars must pay....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

People on hard drugs commit violent crimes, they drive fucked up, they leave syringes at the parks, tell us again how it doesn’t affect the community 

Drunks commit crimes and drive fucked up too not just junkies. The syringe part you are correct about but you will also find beer, booze and ripple bottles in parks too and all that also affects the community.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troll said:

So of course you must be in favor of free restroom accommodations at your local starbucks to shoot up in correct?

or is that too close to home .....

How mighty left and liberal of you tho.

and caring woud be free clinics or not supporting the deliquency ?

PS: either way your tax dollars must pay....

I am in favor of a free restroom in a Starbucks to use the toilet if you need to go. Anyone, not just junkies will do what they want in a restroom. They’ll drink, smoke, vap, smoke weed and fuck in a restroom. What’s your point, only junkies do things in a toilet other than actually use the toilet?

All that happens close to your home too!

I am neither left nor liberal but you classify everyone who doesn’t agree with you as such. People are going to use heroin. You can’t stop it. Just like they’re gonna drink, vap, smoke weed or whatever. Try and stop it, go ahead!

You Trumpsters sure like to spin someone’s comments m. Bet you were all dumb enough to donate to Trumps Election Fraud fund too. Like I said about Trump, fence posts!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It's funny that you say this considering that when you posted a story addressing this very issue, and you were dead against it.  Remember the story about Portland or someplace like that and they were giving addicts controlled heroin doses?  It was argued at the time that it was the best evidence to date that it helps more than simply arresting them.  That program that you said was wrong would take care of many of the problems you mentioned above.  It's not a magic fix but what we normally do as a society hasn't worked ever, much like the war on drugs.  

And to address the OP--overdoses have gone up across the country and not just SF since this pandemic began.  A better way to talk about this topic is to give it the seriousness it deserves instead of throwing partisan stones...especially when you live in a New Jersey glass house. 

IMHO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Drunks commit crimes and drive fucked up too not just junkies. The syringe part you are correct about but you will also find beer, booze and ripple bottles in parks too and all that also affects the community.

I wouldn't be surprised if good girl has been through a gauntlet of drugs. Looking at his mental make up there isn't much going on up there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

And to address the OP--overdoses have gone up across the country and not just SF since this pandemic began.  A better way to talk about this topic is to give it the seriousness it deserves instead of throwing partisan stones...especially when you live in a New Jersey glass house. 

Covid will eventually be brought under control.  Drug addiction, and all the violence and death that surrounds it will not by addressing the supply side.  There’s far too much money at stake.  The market needs to be brought under control.  That means some tough decisions.  

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Been thru it , lost friends of it, I know decriminalizing this would be detrimental to society 

They tried to make alcohol illegal back in the day, didn’t work, people still got booze just like drugs. Do I think drugs should legalize, no!! But, what’s worse in a person’s hand, a joint, 6-pack or a bottle of Jack? Do you think there are more alcoholics or drug addicts in the US? Alcohol is legal, most drugs are not but what’s worse, a legal drunk or an illegally stoned junkie???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Covid will eventually be brought under control.  Drug addiction, and all the violence and death that surrounds it will not by addressing the supply side.  There’s far too much money at stake.  The market needs to be brought under control.  That means some tough decisions.  

That is a good point and I agree 100%.  And I think eventually a part of the solution addressing the demand side will be to have some of these drugs available legally, in small controlled amounts, which would take a lot of the violence and death out of the equation.  The addiction aspect of it would also lead to better outcomes as it would mean you would be closer to those who need help.  

I'm not advocating for rampant drug use but think that we need to start to think differently in order to have different results.  Our past and current ways of dealing with it have not only proved unsuccessful, they have been disastrous and has had a negative far reaching impact in ways not always obvious. 

I would like to see our tax dollar being spent on resources for the people than on prisons and the judicial system.  It is almost impossible that humans living in this country are more prone to criminality than any other country but we imprison more than any country and it's not even close.  The demand for prisoners is easily met with our systems of justice and most of us have accepted it without much question because it wasn't happening to us.  

17 hours ago, DLS350 said:

I am in favor of a free restroom in a Starbucks to use the toilet if you need to go. Anyone, not just junkies will do what they want in a restroom. They’ll drink, smoke, vap, smoke weed and fuck in a restroom. What’s your point, only junkies do things in a toilet other than actually use the toilet?

All that happens close to your home too!

You Trumpsters sure like to spin someone’s comments

Businesses should not be required to support illegal activities on their premises...

but feel free to invite those type of activities into your own home 

no need to spin your words....

you do a good enough job yourself

👍

12 hours ago, DLS350 said:

They tried to make alcohol illegal back in the day, didn’t work, people still got booze just like drugs. Do I think drugs should legalize, no!! But, what’s worse in a person’s hand, a joint, 6-pack or a bottle of Jack? Do you think there are more alcoholics or drug addicts in the US? Alcohol is legal, most drugs are not but what’s worse, a legal drunk or an illegally stoned junkie???

you need to switch to decaffeinated  ....

you must be a stoned junkie on that stuff.

all levels of drugs

all levels of potency and poison

you can't make all drugs illegal

but you can limit the worst offenders

hope this helps 👍

23 minutes ago, Troll said:

Businesses should not be required to support illegal activities on their premises...

but feel free to invite those type of activities into your own home 

no need to spin your words....

you do a good enough job yourself

👍

You are such a tool! Spin, spin and spin words some more. Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point is it. I didn’t say a business is required to support illegal activity. I said have a free toilet for people who have to use the toilet!! 

23 minutes ago, Troll said:

you must be a stoned junkie on that stuff.

No, you’re just a FuckTard that has to spin someone’s words to win a discussion by using the Ali rope a dope. No wonder you support Trump!

Spin this. Trump lost the election by over 7 million votes on the popular vote and 306 to 232 on the Electoral College but yet he claims he won. Oh I know, the spin is unproven voter fraud. Good one!!

That like guys claiming their team won the game by dominating the stats but the scoreboard says they lost because the other team scored more points. In this case however, Biden dominated the stats and the scoreboard!!