Jimmy Mullen (SJR) #8 pins #1 ranked heavy weight wrestler in the country at Penn St. Tourney

SJR89

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Jimmy - starting off the wrestling year strong....put on 10lbs...now at 255....gonna be an absolute monster next fall on the Defensive line for SJR

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2021/02/nj-state-champion-pins-nations-no-1-wrestler-with-season-on-horizon.html

@SJR 04

@imaGoodBoyNow

Shit 25 more pounds I’m putting him at Left Tackle on offense 

On 2/24/2021 at 3:16 PM, SJR89 said:

Jimmy - starting off the wrestling year strong....put on 10lbs...now at 255....gonna be an absolute monster next fall on the Defensive line for SJR

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2021/02/nj-state-champion-pins-nations-no-1-wrestler-with-season-on-horizon.html

@SJR 04

@imaGoodBoyNow

I'll take the #5, 6, 7, and 8 ranked wrestlers out of NJ against the #1, 2, 3, and 4 out of GA any day of the week or tourney of the season.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I'll take the #5, 6, 7, and 8 ranked wrestlers out of NJ against the #1, 2, 3, and 4 out of GA any day of the week or tourney of the season.  

Kids gonna be scary on football field, very fun to watch him finesse the Olineman and gets to backfield, now he’s working on his bull  rush, watch out, 😂 kids pushing the sled in timberlands 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

What year? I mean Buford has collegiate all American in Chip Ness, Nick Stonecheck top twenty nationally.....

Buford won state and duals this year with a young squad.

I don't know where Buford is on the national level, but plenty of individuals statewide would make it competitive.

I don't think Georgia as a state could easily claim national level, but I'd venture we'd sure as shit cauliflower some ears and pop a few elbows.

We coming, we ain't there yet but will be when it's our time.

bgw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What year? I mean Buford has collegiate all American in Chip Ness, Nick Stonecheck top twenty nationally.....

Buford won state and duals this year with a young squad.

I don't know where Buford is on the national level, but plenty of individuals statewide would make it competitive.

I don't think Georgia as a state could easily claim national level, but I'd venture we'd sure as shit cauliflower some ears and pop a few elbows.

We coming, we ain't there yet but will be when it's our time.

bgw

Any Year

• Haha 2

New Jersey is top wrestling state.....we have had state champions since 1934.......it was not until 2006 that we had our first 4 time state Champion, Mike  Grey from Delbarton ...he went 158 -2 in four years.....just shows you how hard it is to win a state championship in NJ.     and yes we would smoke GA in wrestling 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

New Jersey is top wrestling state.....we have had state champions since 1934.......it was not until 2006 that we had our first 4 time state Champion, Mike  Grey from Delbarton ...he went 158 -2 in four years.....just shows you how hard it is to win a state championship in NJ.     and yes we would smoke GA in wrestling 

Is a top wrestling state

said it 5-6 years ago 😀

21 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well then okay, we should be competitive. 

Georgia is still in the infancy stage, we have yet to recruit Eastern Europe. 

bgw

LOL, yeah I would have said the same thing but that's not a bash to GA (or any other state for that matter).  

I started to see a major swing in interest and participation in GA wrestling about 15 years ago when I was once again working in Marietta.  Big time difference just from the 90's to 05'.  I worked w/ a family member of Ty Parker from Collins Hill.  I loved yapping about wrestling w/ the guy.  And then found out there were a few families that were from PA/NJ/NY area.  Those "transplants" only bring an added intensity to the sport. 

I saw my first "Cement Job" pulled off by a kid from Collins Hill when they wrestled Easton PA in I think 2015', and CH  won.       

But what I also saw in 2005 was a new hotbed for high school wrestling and there were a lot of "transplants" from the northeast into GA and more specifically into the northern metro area ie Gwinnett, Cobb, and Fulton - basically a line from Marietta to Lawrenceville and everything in between.  15 years later (2020) you can now draw the line of "transplants" from Woodstock to Milton to Buford.

Buford - probably the most impressive sports school in the entire state of GA.  They might be the best school, overall, in taking on the classification their in and winning.  That says a lot too.  In the early 90's, Buford was this little ole' AA school  somewhere near Lake Lanier who were just beating up everyone in their way.  They jumped to AAA and did the same without missing a beat.  Next was AAAA where they hung and won for a bit and then off to AAAAA which seemed fun but still seemingly not fully testing Buford athletics.  Now 6A and still putting together championship caliber athletes and still winning championships.  Impressive to say the least and 100% correct about the infancy stage; only a matter of time where you see multiple north GA teams ranked nationally on a regular basis and hopefully see more of them at Powerade Tourny, Pitt Wrestling Classic (Dapper Dan) and The Beast of East tournies.         

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

LOL, yeah I would have said the same thing but that's not a bash to GA (or any other state for that matter).  

I started to see a major swing in interest and participation in GA wrestling about 15 years ago when I was once again working in Marietta.  Big time difference just from the 90's to 05'.  I worked w/ a family member of Ty Parker from Collins Hill.  I loved yapping about wrestling w/ the guy.  And then found out there were a few families that were from PA/NJ/NY area.  Those "transplants" only bring an added intensity to the sport. 

I saw my first "Cement Job" pulled off by a kid from Collins Hill when they wrestled Easton PA in I think 2015', and CH  won.       

But what I also saw in 2005 was a new hotbed for high school wrestling and there were a lot of "transplants" from the northeast into GA and more specifically into the northern metro area ie Gwinnett, Cobb, and Fulton - basically a line from Marietta to Lawrenceville and everything in between.  15 years later (2020) you can now draw the line of "transplants" from Woodstock to Milton to Buford.

Buford - probably the most impressive sports school in the entire state of GA.  They might be the best school, overall, in taking on the classification their in and winning.  That says a lot too.  In the early 90's, Buford was this little ole' AA school  somewhere near Lake Lanier who were just beating up everyone in their way.  They jumped to AAA and did the same without missing a beat.  Next was AAAA where they hung and won for a bit and then off to AAAAA which seemed fun but still seemingly not fully testing Buford athletics.  Now 6A and still putting together championship caliber athletes and still winning championships.  Impressive to say the least and 100% correct about the infancy stage; only a matter of time where you see multiple north GA teams ranked nationally on a regular basis and hopefully see more of them at Powerade Tourny, Pitt Wrestling Classic (Dapper Dan) and The Beast of East tournies.         

Thanks for that Sausmann, Hard to believe it's been 15 years in the making...that would be one old "infant"! Hahahaha.

Couple with the fact that Buford is a tough out and hard to beat, the caliber of coaches at Buford is astounding.

I smile when someone says they would "smoke Georgia", I would love to see some of these schools travel and experience our competitive spirit and vigor here in Georgia.

I enjoy your posts and the history you impart.

bgw

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Thanks for that Sausmann, Hard to believe it's been 15 years in the making...that would be one old "infant"! Hahahaha.

Couple with the fact that Buford is a tough out and hard to beat, the caliber of coaches at Buford is astounding.

I smile when someone says they would "smoke Georgia", I would love to see some of these schools travel and experience our competitive spirit and vigor here in Georgia.

I enjoy your posts and the history you impart.

bgw

hey man ....still waiting for a GA team (football) to travel up north to New Jersey to play us...as far as wrestling....same thing....think the gap difference would be similar in wrestling to Lacrosse between NJ and GA.  Not being a jerk ....the top 5 is a nightmare gauntlet in NJ....thats without Blair Academy who has PGs and is usually #1 or top 5 in the county every year.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

hey man ....still waiting for a GA team (football) to travel up north to New Jersey to play us...as far as wrestling....same thing....think the gap difference would be similar in wrestling to Lacrosse between NJ and GA.  Not being a jerk ....the top 5 is a nightmare gauntlet in NJ....thats without Blair Academy who has PGs and is usually #1 or top 5 in the county every year.....

Funny being tied to Blair A since last look had more residents in FL

bad look 😩

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

boarding school not involved in NJ state championships....some schools like Bergen Catholic / Delbarton and recently SJR schedule them to go against the best.....

I know and you do to

all cool here and have support NJ back a bunch years when some did not

BC team a beast & Delbarton good too

😀 

42 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Is St. Ed still a beast? I remember them battling Blair A for top national billing years back. 

Omaha V,

yes they still are. Perennial Ohio D1 state champs and 3-10 nationally 

About 6-7 years ago they beat Blair only to have one official to rule an Ed’s TD after time expired  LoL then they tied again in OT then Blair wins in SV