How are your Football powers faring in Basketball?

TheMaximumHornetSting

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

This is totally false too. I don't know if you intentionally lie, just make up stuff, or are the worst informed poster at this site, but you have failed badly in two straight basketball threads.

I don't know why I even click on these threads.

Okay informed dude how about you tell us about the upcoming spring sports in Louisiana since basketball is almost finished up 

22 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Okay informed dude how about you tell us about the upcoming spring sports in Louisiana since basketball is almost finished up 

Baseball is always happening here in the spring.....

Barbe (Lake Charles, La) is loaded again and look to win another MNC......Barbe won it all in 2014 (5 polls) and always seem to be ranked nationally. Barbe is no doubt one of the premier baseball programs in the nation.

I can back my stuff up....hell of a program at Barbe and they pump kids to LSU.

I read yesterday Barbe has 9 kids committed already to play college baseball.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/eLDyGmbWT0y67XV8UT5dAA/high-school-baseball--floridas-jesuit-enters-2021-as-top-team-in-preseason-maxpreps-top-25-rankings.htm

9. Barbe (Lake Charles, La.)
Coach:
 Glenn Cecchini
2020 record: 11-3
2019 record: 38-3
Top Players: Jack Walker (RHP); Kameron Edwards (OF); Kyle Debarge (SS, .388); Adam Guth (LHP, 5-0, 0.56 ERA, 44 Ks); Gavin Guidry (SS); Ethan Medlin (OF); Jon Cassidy Vanek (LHP); Donovan LaSalle (OF).
Prognosis: An outstanding outfield and two of the state's top pitchers lead one of the nation's top all-around programs. Walker returns after missing his junior season with an arm injury. He was all-state as a sophomore and has signed to play at Mississippi State. He'll join Guth, who was 5-0 as a sophomore in 2019.

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol @TheMaximumHornetSting I think he likes you

I dont even know who you're talking about if it's RedZone/Caj/Big Burger or whatever name he wants to take on...  I dont care. 

I didnt ask him to comment I just ignore his stuff.... 

If I got questions about Louisiana there's plenty of other Louisiana citizens I can ask on this site. 

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Barbe (Lake Charles, La) is loaded again and look to win another MNC......Barbe won it all in 2014 (5 polls) and always seem to be ranked nationally. Barbe is no doubt one of the premier baseball programs in the nation.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/eLDyGmbWT0y67XV8UT5dAA/high-school-baseball--floridas-jesuit-enters-2021-as-top-team-in-preseason-maxpreps-top-25-rankings.htm

Coach:
 Glenn Cecchini
Top Players: Jack Walker (RHP); Kameron Edwards (OF); Kyle Debarge (SS, .388); Adam Guth (LHP, 5-0, 0.56 ERA, 44 Ks); Gavin Guidry (SS); Ethan Medlin (OF); Jon Cassidy Vanek (LHP); Donovan LaSalle (OF).
Prognosis: An outstanding outfield and two of the state's top pitchers lead one of the nation's top all-around programs. Walker returns after missing his junior season with an arm injury. He was all-state as a sophomore and has signed to play at Mississippi State. He'll join Guth, who was 5-0 as a sophomore in 2019.

Just to be clear. Lots of teams in the Preseason Top 25 have major major talent. Lots of these teams play at an almost college level of baseball. Good baseball,

@Columbiafan Gainesville, Eagles Landing Christian and Lambert (I think) used to be Really good in baseball... 

but the Lambert coach went to the College level he took over at a small college in either Florida or Cali.... its been awhile I dont even remember the name of the school anymore that he took over 

Gainesville used to be really good. They fell off too.... not exactly sure what happened. 

ELCA I believe is still doing good

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I dont even know who you're talking about if it's RedZone/Caj/Big Burger or whatever name he wants to take on...  I dont care. 

I didnt ask him to comment I just ignore his stuff.... 

If I got questions about Louisiana there's plenty of other Louisiana citizens I can ask on this site. 

Stop lying....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Coach:
 Glenn Cecchini

Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye on them 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Doesn't Duncanville usually have a good Boys and Girls team?

Girls...Always.  They have 11 State Titles since 1989 and a "National Title" in there somewhere in the mix...

Boys...It depends on who the hot team in that area is....they are currently since winning State in 2019. (4 titles overall I think)

26 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Girls...Always.  They have 11 State Titles since 1989 and a "National Title" in there somewhere in the mix...

Boys...It depends on who the hot team in that area is....they are currently since winning State in 2019. (4 titles overall I think)

How's DeSoto, C.Hill and Katy in Basketball ?

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye on them 

Barbe is currently 5-0 and moved up to #7 at Maxpreps.

They don't have the schedule to finish #1 this year with the pandemic and everything.....they might get close though. They are coached by one of the best in the business and most everyone has heard of Barbe Baseball....they will get a bump for that if they run out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They don't have the schedule to finish #1 this year with the pandemic and everything.....they might get close though. They are coached by one of the best in the business and most everyone has heard of Barbe Baseball....they will get a bump for that if they run out.

The last full year of high school baseball in 2019 Barbe finished #5 in the  Maxpreps composite poll...

5. (5) Barbe (Lake Charles, La.)
Average rank: 7.83
MaxPreps Xcellent 25: 6
MaxPreps Computer: 4
USA Today: 6
Baseball Coaches Association: 19
Perfect Game: 8
Collegiate Baseball: 4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How's DeSoto, C.Hill and Katy in Basketball ?

DeSoto is down by their standards. Cedar Hill has been down since the rise of Faith Family (don't get me started on that). Regular Katy ain't that good. Katy Tompkins won a ring a while back. Right now it's Katy Paetow still in the playoffs and making a title run.

Richardson is good. I can't see them getting past Dville or Westlake. Westlake has so much size it's scary. There's college (hell NBA) teams that don't have that much in the size department. They're always like that. I swear they've got some secret hidden lab over there that stimulates growth in kids. It just hasn't been discovered yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Champa said:

DeSoto is down by their standards. Cedar Hill has been down since the rise of Faith Family (don't get me started on that). Regular Katy ain't that good. Katy Tompkins won a ring a while back. Right now it's Katy Paetow still in the playoffs and making a title run.

Richardson is good. I can't see them getting past Dville or Westlake. Westlake has so much size it's scary. There's college (hell NBA) teams that don't have that much in the size department. They're always like that. I swear they've got some secret hidden lab over there that stimulates growth in kids. It just hasn't been discovered yet.

With the size Westlake has...I'd post EVERYBODY up.  I'm calling UCLA High-Post all night.

Run it again! (*Blows whistle*)

18 hours ago, RedZone said:

Are there any programs that are usually successful in football, basketball and baseball in Louisiana? (Like state ranked or deep playoff runs) 

I see examples of schools in power states that are good in 2/3 but I don't see a ton good in all 3 (at least to state elite level) so I'm curious basically who would be the strongest programs all around in the state 

18 hours ago, RedZone said:

The last full year of high school baseball in 2019 Barbe finished #5 in the  Maxpreps composite poll...

5. (5) Barbe (Lake Charles, La.)
Average rank: 7.83
MaxPreps Xcellent 25: 6
MaxPreps Computer: 4
USA Today: 6
Baseball Coaches Association: 19
Perfect Game: 8
Collegiate Baseball: 4

The thing with maxpreps rankings in other sports is it's so varied, in football it's common for teams to go undefeated so it's not as simple as judging schedule strength and stuff, in basketball, baseball, softball, etc it's very rare for a team to go undefeated playing a strong schedule just because there is so many games but for any team to finish that high they earned it and are definitely one of the best teams in the country