Colquitt's Varsity Football Staff

Rufus69

If the Hawgs can keep their players this summer...they're definitely gonna have a staff to coach'em up.

If I'm right...Colquitt will have (3) former HCs on staff to help Justin prepare his troops for battle on Friday nights.

Not only quality coaches...but quality men as well.

If COVID will just let us get on with gettin on...we could actually make the playoffs in Region 1-AAAAAAA.

HawgGoneIt is doing a whale of a job over in South Norman Park !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ex Tift HC Ashley Anders is rumored to he on the staff in addition to Ex Walton HC Mo Dixon, Ex Valdosta HC Alan Rodemaker and Ex Hillgrove HC Byron Slack. I think that would make the count 4 Ex head coaches on staff. 

Is Mo still on staff?

Rufus>>

Would agree with most of this except I know there is at least 1 person on that coaching staff that i wouldn't consider to be a man of good or great quality. Him and his wife are racist degenerates. Colquitts next best team will be the 23and24 class if they don't transfer out. TCC is in the same boat if they can't win a championship with their 23-25 class then their coach needs to be fired. The have an 8th grade QB with an offer from FSU already.

48 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Would agree with most of this except I know there is at least 1 person on that coaching staff that i wouldn't consider to be a man of good or great quality. Him and his wife are racist degenerates. Colquitts next best team will be the 23and24 class if they don't transfer out. TCC is in the same boat if they can't win a championship with their 23-25 class then their coach needs to be fired. The have an 8th grade QB with an offer from FSU already.

I think we all know how much "credibility" you got when it comes to Colquitt.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If the Pace brothers are back at Colquitt and the qb situation shapes up like I think it could, Colquitt should be pretty solid again this year, albeit young at some key positions. 

Pretty certain we won't have a 2500 dollar a month qb on the roster though. If that's what it takes to be elite in this day and time, you can probably count us out on the elite tip. 

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If the Pace brothers are back at Colquitt and the qb situation shapes up like I think it could, Colquitt should be pretty solid again this year, albeit young at some key positions. 

Pretty certain we won't have a 2500 dollar a month qb on the roster though. If that's what it takes to be elite in this day and time, you can probably count us out on the elite tip. 

LOL...you obviously haven't been paying attention to "96".  That feller knows Colquitt...LOL.  And he's written us off till 23 at the earliest.  Shoot, I may not renew my season tickets that I've had since 1975...I said 1975...just because of all the credibility he has when talking about Colquitt....

LOL...

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't worry Grayson will take them.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

If the Hawgs can keep their players this summer...they're definitely gonna have a staff to coach'em up.

If I'm right...Colquitt will have (3) former HCs on staff to help Justin prepare his troops for battle on Friday nights.

Not only quality coaches...but quality men as well.

If COVID will just let us get on with gettin on...we could actually make the playoffs in Region 1-AAAAAAA.

HawgGoneIt is doing a whale of a job over in South Norman Park !!!!!

Rufus>>

Actually all you have to do is field a team in your region to make the playoffs. 

It’s those tough 2A preseason games that make #4 in region one deserving. 

🤦‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Zman may not be able to win the starting job. We have a young gun slinger that can flat spin it. 

Z has experienced and is a senior, this young gunner would have to be jaw dropping to get the start, I definitely don’t think going 2 starting QBs is good either, neither QB will get in a groove if they keep getting subbed out 

48 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Z has experienced and is a senior, this young gunner would have to be jaw dropping to get the start, I definitely don’t think going 2 starting QBs is good either, neither QB will get in a groove if they keep getting subbed out 

Right now...I think Z-Man has the inside track as QB1.  But Neko has got talent.  If "Z" can add about 10-12 lbs to his frame....it could very well help him.  He didn't get the snaps last year and I personally think that cost us when we got in the playoffs without "X".  And if "Z" does get the start this year...I truly hope we give Neko some valuable playing time just in case we find ourselves in a similar situation this year.

We do have a wildcard...but I would rather we keep him at WR/RB.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, Rufus69 said:

Wait. If you don't win any games (ha!) you still make the playoffs.  Starting early on the sand bagging this year.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2021 at 8:27 PM, Fred said:

Wait. If you don't win any games (ha!) you still make the playoffs.  Starting early on the sand bagging this year.

Win games????

Hell...we're just hoping to field a team !!!!!

Things is bad.

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

Edit:  Of course, now that 67Packer is on our National Board...things are looking up...(Smile).

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 9:26 PM, Rufus69 said:

Right now...I think Z-Man has the inside track as QB1.  But Neko has got talent.  If "Z" can add about 10-12 lbs to his frame....it could very well help him.  He didn't get the snaps last year and I personally think that cost us when we got in the playoffs without "X".  And if "Z" does get the start this year...I truly hope we give Neko some valuable playing time just in case we find ourselves in a similar situation this year.

We do have a wildcard...but I would rather we keep him at WR/RB.

Rufus>>

I'm with you Rufus. Neko has too much to offer to sit on the bench. I'm not opposed to a 2 QB system, I've seen it be very effective. Neko has speed and has been brilliant throwing on the run. the kid has had a varsity arm since the 8th grade. That height thing can effectively be compensated for with speed to move out of the pocket and throw on the run.

I talked to Neko in Leesburg last week after playing with the 9th grade baseball team. If you spin up good kid on google they could put his photo there. I think a duel QB system is for certain at Colquitt this year unless another X drops in our lap. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I'm with you Rufus. Neko has too much to offer to sit on the bench. I'm not opposed to a 2 QB system, I've seen it be very effective. Neko has speed and has been brilliant throwing on the run. the kid has had a varsity arm since the 8th grade. That height thing can effectively be compensated for with speed to move out of the pocket and throw on the run.

I talked to Neko in Leesburg last week after playing with the 9th grade baseball team. If you spin up good kid on google they could put his photo there. I think a duel QB system is for certain at Colquitt this year unless another X drops in our lap. :)

I've always lived by the rule of thumb...you play the athlete who is better.  And if there isn't enough difference between the two to put one over the other...you play the upper-classman and salt in the younger kid to give him experience.  Cause you never know when you're gonna lose a QB to injury.  Take last year for example.

I think we're in pretty good shape at the QB position...but you can't rule out a transfer.  People wonder why me and Ms. Violet have spent so much time in N'awlins...well...Arch Manning.  I may have gone out on a limb...but I just went straight forward and told him...Colquitt could get him a scholarship....(Smile).

I'll keep you updated....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Speaking of varsity coaching staff... We're losing a great one to Crisp County. Greg Carswell our d-line guy is moving up the ladder to be the next defensive coordinator for the Cougars. 

I hate losing Cars...but he has a chance to move up to the DC position at a reputable school.

Wish him the absolute best.  Crisp is getting a damn good one....

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I hate losing Cars...but he has a chance to move up to the DC position at a reputable school.

Wish him the absolute best.  Crisp is getting a damn good one....

Rufus>>

He is definitely an involved coach. Great community guy with good fire in him. His involvement with the kids didn't stop at the sideline or practice facilities. 

I never liked a Cougar ever... Until now. 😁