What are you looking forward to this Spring?

KoolingGrew

While our grand international travel plans are on pandemic hold we decided to take a swing at RVing.  We found a great deal on a Keystone Hideout 28RKS that checked all our boxes. We even squeezed in a three night outing test run before we winterized it and took it to storage.  That trip was quite a teaser as we had a great time at a nearby state park. Quite an upgrade over our old pop up.
We've books a late March trip to Cape Hatteras and looking for more adventures in 2021. :)

1 hour ago, KoolingGrew said:

While our grand international travel plans are on pandemic hold we decided to take a swing at RVing.  We found a great deal on a Keystone Hideout 28RKS that checked all our boxes. We even squeezed in a three night outing test run before we winterized it and took it to storage.  That trip was quite a teaser as we had a great time at a nearby state park. Quite an upgrade over our old pop up.
We've books a late March trip to Cape Hatteras and looking for more adventures in 2021. :)

You surfing in Hatteras ?

Choose your campsite wisely..

Greenhead flys can eat you alive there.

PS: trailer trash  LOL 😜

• Like 1

Anyone been to the Harpers Ferry West Virginia area? I was thinking about taking the Family white water rafting there. We’ve been rafting in New Hampshire and North Carolina and loved it. Just want to hit up a spot that we’ve never been. I hear you get to raft through three states. Anyone been to that area and can give some outlook?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoolingGrew said:

Don't worry, we have our two fly cages with us when we go down there. :D

LL Bean has some stylish options ...

image.thumb.png.25a6c7abbcd40b7fc0676907ff546499.png

😆

PS: Only Kind of kidding, you should be fine but just something to be aware of, most spots are not really that bad, but some there definitely can be at times.  Hatteras can be an awesome vacation spot, actually kind of jealous, you should have a great time there. 👍

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Anyone been to the Harpers Ferry West Virginia area? I was thinking about taking the Family white water rafting there. We’ve been rafting in New Hampshire and North Carolina and loved it. Just want to hit up a spot that we’ve never been. I hear you get to raft through three states. Anyone been to that area and can give some outlook?

You could always try rafting the Delaware Water Gap up around Dingman's Ferry,  as the Delaware River runs rough this time of year.  The Poconos are a quiet spot, mostly forgotten, but nicer than most.  You can go full on red bull raft, or you can take it in a little more casually with something like this...

https://www.maukanalu.com/paddle/events/index.html

Just sayin', Poconos have all the vacation trappings, nice hotels, good food, golf, mountain biking, zip lining etc. LOL.  If you do get to Harpers Ferry though, let us know how you make out.  It sounds similar, so might be worth a trip 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DBP66 said:

fishing and turkey hunting.watching...😉....we got a cabin rented up in the Catskills in August...some R&R and fishing of course.

PSSSssssst.....

you voted for Biden remember ??? 🤡

NO GUNS allowed !!!

you looking to get cancelled fool ???

giphy.gif

PS: I'd say that the fishing better be catch and release also....

....but we all know you ain't catchin' any 😜

BTW: Maybe you should try a different approach...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

PSSSssssst.....

you voted for Biden remember ??? 🤡

NO GUNS allowed !!!

you looking to get cancelled fool ???

giphy.gif

PS: I'd say that the fishing better be catch and release also....

....but we all know you ain't catchin' any 😜

BTW: Maybe you should try a different approach...

giphy.gif

I've been a proud gun owner and hunter for a long time...so I know we don't need people having assault weapons because we've seen the harm they do...enough is enough...

questioning my fishing skills?!...big mistake..this guy knows what he's doing...back in 2000 when I fished in a club I won Angler of the Year (also won lunker of the year 6.7lb bass and won the end of Year 2 day Classic Tournament) and won by an 11lb. margin...25 guys in the club...😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

isn't that were they made the movie "Deliverance"??...be careful!..LOL...I raft the Delaware river once or twice a year for many years...very scenic...a lot of Bald eagles.

• Like 2

Just got back from Summerland Key in the Florida Keys. A friend owns a nice place on the Atlantic with a canal leading inland. Only problem, only a 4 day stay. Headed back to Cancun in July to my time share for several weeks. 

Love surfing Hatteras. Been awhile but great memories. White water rafting class 3's in the Carolinas when the weather is warm and the water is cold. Its good to have an O'neill fullsuit. 

Summerland House and Sunrise from balcony. Life is good in the Keys.

Summerland house.jpg

Summerland Sunrise.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I've been a proud gun owner and hunter for a long time...so I know we don't need people having assault weapons because we've seen the harm they do...enough is enough...

questioning my fishing skills?!...big mistake..this guy knows what he's doing...back in 2000 when I fished in a club I won Angler of the Year (also won lunker of the year 6.7lb bass and won the end of Year 2 day Classic Tournament) and won by an 11lb. margin...25 guys in the club...😉

Assault weapons are select-fire rifles, most people can't access them because they can't afford them. AR's used in recent shootings are sporting rifles, not assault.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Just got back from Summerland Key in the Florida Keys. A friend owns a nice place on the Atlantic with a canal leading inland. Only problem, only a 4 day stay. Headed back to Cancun in July to my time share for several weeks. 

Love surfing Hatteras. Been awhile but great memories. White water rafting class 3's in the Carolinas when the weather is warm and the water is cold. Its good to have an O'neill fullsuit. 

Summerland House and Sunrise from balcony. Life is good in the Keys.

Summerland house.jpg

Summerland Sunrise.jpg

my wife and her sisters will be taking their mother to Cancun in July...also at a timeshare. If you see a fast talking pretty blonde with a N.Y. accent say hello!..LOL!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 6:48 PM, Troll said:

LL Bean has some stylish options ...

image.thumb.png.25a6c7abbcd40b7fc0676907ff546499.png

😆

PS: Only Kind of kidding, you should be fine but just something to be aware of, most spots are not really that bad, but some there definitely can be at times.  Hatteras can be an awesome vacation spot, actually kind of jealous, you should have a great time there. 👍

I might consider getting one of these though, I kind of hate bugs a bit. :/