Lowndes adding artificial turfs to both

Ga96

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Who really gives a shit?

You can't go 10 minutes without blowing lowndes co......and the truth of the matter is they just aren't that good at anything.

That may have been the funniest and most truthful line I've seen you say RedZone

I couldn't have said it better myself

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

It's fine I'll just remember to post columbia basketball, baseball and softball threads come next season and I can use this post as reference to tell lowndes clown to shove it when he yaps on like a hypocrite

Please post other sports scores. I like to hear if your school is doing good in other sports. Who cares. I get grief over posting Hoover scores from girls BB baseball etc.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Please post other sports scores. I like to hear if your school is doing good in other sports. Who cares. I get grief over posting Hoover scores from girls BB baseball etc.

Honestly I have no problem talking other sports and I have no issue with lowndes baseball or softball being discussed

The issue is the dude was just a few months ago bitching about basketball being posted in the forum but now when it involves his team he suddenly talking other sports 

So what is the outlook for the programs at Hoover this upcoming school year?

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What would be the benefits to having turf field in baseball and softball

I'm used to seeing softball and baseball on grass fields here in Florida as I haven't seen any playing on turf so idk how it would be set up and what the benefits would be 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly I have no problem talking other sports and I have no issue with lowndes baseball or softball being discussed

The issue is the dude was just a few months ago bitching about basketball being posted in the forum but now when it involves his team he suddenly talking other sports 

So what is the outlook for the programs at Hoover this upcoming school year?

Football will be the 2nd best team in the state behind Thompson. 

Girls basketball has 1 girl hurt if she is healthy by say December they win state and are a top 15 national team. 

Boys BB will be average.

Softball good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What would be the benefits to having turf field in baseball and softball

I'm used to seeing softball and baseball on grass fields here in Florida as I haven't seen any playing on turf so idk how it would be set up and what the benefits would be 

We played at Troy who has a turf baseball field and it was like an oven. Field temps were 130 degree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ga96 said:

That's not a positive.  Baseball and softball should be played on natural turf.  Didn't several baseball stadiums try artificial fields switch back to turf?  I seem to remember very few teams liked playing in the Astrodome because of the artificial field.

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

That's not a positive.  Baseball and softball should be played on natural turf.  Didn't several baseball stadiums try artificial fields switch back to turf?  I seem to remember very few teams liked playing in the Astrodome because of the artificial field.

And Parkview should play on a real high school baseibol field, and not Coors Lite Field in South Lilbunia! But it works for them! And the pros actually thinking that Frenchy was a legit POWER hitter, after hitting 27 dingers there his senior season!

Just now, Old Rabid One said:

And Parkview should play on a real high school baseibol field, and not Coors Lite Field in South Lilbunia! But it works for them! And the pros actually thinking that Frenchy was a legit POWER hitter, after hitting 27 dingers there his senior season!

@Fred definitely not Rab

Real rab calls it PuKeView

• Thanks 3

Not a fan of artificial…. But lower upkeep and less labor hours on maintenance.  
We have turf practice fields, we need a practice building…. We should kick out that trucking outfit by the middle school and renovate that. I should call old Dusty DeVaughn in for a consult, may he’ll bring a sawzall and a wrecking bar and do work. 
Maybe convert some above ground pools into ice baths with outboards to really chill these linemen down real quick. 

bgw

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

Only good thing about playing on turf is it’s almost impossible to get a. Game rained out , i played on all turf so after the game ur body would be covered in turf burn from sliding, and balls are more quicker on turf then grass and dirt