MD at DV on 8/27/21

GardenStateBaller

On 6/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Conversely, 99% of the country *also* isn't talented enough to beat "super teams."

I don't think there's plenty of talent in those places. I checked the 24/7 database and there was only one starred player in either the 2022 or 2023 class for both Pittsburg and Clayton Valley.

And it was a QB which wouldn't help DLS.

None of this changes the fact that DLS doesn't come anywhere close to getting transfers the SoCal super teams get.  Nor does it change the fact that that DLS doesn't get NorCal best players.  

No one has listed the transfers DLS has coming in that would prove me wrong.  @MD87 certainly couldn't do it.  Neither have you.  

And a QB would always be helpful to DLS.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

DV IMO is biting off a whole lot with MD.  I’d prefer them play MC, DLS, Thompson, Grayson.  More evenly matched and better games

I just hope Duncanville comes out the game injury-free. I feel like a lot of people are getting their hopes up and buying into the hype that this will be a competitive game. It might be interesting in the first half of the game, but Mater Dei will seal the deal in the second half. Too much athleticism. Duncanville is good, but MD is too good. I do like the fact that Samples is challenging his team, it'll help them grow in my opinion. Well, that's if the game is at least within two touchdowns, otherwise it'll dispirit the team. Not great for morale.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I just hope Duncanville comes out the game injury-free. I feel like a lot of people are getting their hopes up and buying into the hype that this will be a competitive game. It might be interesting in the first half of the game, but Mater Dei will seal the deal in the second half. Too much athleticism. Duncanville is good, but MD is too good. I do like the fact that Samples is challenging his team, it'll help them grow in my opinion. Well, that's if the game is at least within two touchdowns, otherwise it'll dispirit the team. Not great for morale.

His is replacing a lot of coaches, to include a new OC.  He will have a new QB under center.  That's a lot to gel with in a week 1 game. They'll grow from it, but this year will be tougher than previous years to win it all 

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

His is replacing a lot of coaches, to include a new OC.  He will have a new QB under center.  That's a lot to gel with in a week 1 game. They'll grow from it, but this year will be tougher than previous years to win it all 

I said the same thing, and got called out for offering up excuses for DV.  I think it's because you can't actually discuss football on a dick-measuring forum like this one.  Right, @Sammyswordsman?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/8/2021 at 3:14 AM, Atticus Finch said:

To run the veer?

No it wouldn't.

Yes.  Not all QB's who run the veer are equal.  Some run it better than others.  For DLS to have any success at state championships or any OOS games they must be able to throw a little.  Even being able to throw a screen or quick outs is dependent on having a QB that can make the throws, which is not always the case at DLS.  Making a few simple throws may have made the difference for DLS when they played STA a couple years ago.   DLS ability to open up the offense is dependent on a QB.  

Every hs team in the country would be better with the addition of better players no matter the position.  

• Like 4

Just now, RedZone said:

I don't know what Finch is thinking here.

DLS has had some good QBs and some duds too honestly..

I have no idea about this years QB. Every team needs a good QB regardless of system.

Yeah it is a strange position to take.  I don't think he understands actually running the veer.  The QB's that can make even simple (but effective) throws are not a given and DLS has had quite a few that couldn't.  Might get away with it playing local NorCal teams but not against anybody who can match them on the lines.  

This should be a Captain Obvious thing for everybody.  

35 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

This should be a Captain Obvious thing for everybody.  

The Captain Obvious take on this topic is that that starred QBs don't want to run the veer and likely wouldn't be good at if they did.

Talented passers don't want to play in the veer and wouldn't make a positive difference if they did.

The best veer QBs are guys that nobody has ever heard of because they're selling insurance today somewhere in the Bay Area.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Yes.  Not all QB's who run the veer are equal.  Some run it better than others.  For DLS to have any success at state championships or any OOS games they must be able to throw a little.  Even being able to throw a screen or quick outs is dependent on having a QB that can make the throws, which is not always the case at DLS.  Making a few simple throws may have made the difference for DLS when they played STA a couple years ago.   DLS ability to open up the offense is dependent on a QB.  

Every hs team in the country would be better with the addition of better players no matter the position.  

That might make to much sense. Doubt he can follow the logic.