Colquitt Packass offering players vehicles and money to not leave the program

Ga96

Things continuing to go downhill. No Packass fans on here stop to think why this is the case. They just keep blaming the players and their families.

My only proof on this situation is from the players and the families themselves. Also this was alleged previously when rush was there except it was for recruiting. So no nolegirl no link.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No link because you're full of shit. Hahaha

Some of us know exactly what is going on, but, we ain't got no fucking reason to talk to your dumb troll ass about it. xD

One of these days he is gonna slander the wrong coach, player or program and they actually will chase legal action against him and he's gonna feel like a total jackass

• Haha 1

We've bled off a few players the last couple of years. 3 went to Valdosta and got caught up in a scandal which costed them their eligibility for this year...

A couple have now went to Pelham, one that's dad thinks he's the top qb in the country but the kid won't  follow directions and can't put on any weight. Was gonna be in competition for the starting spot with a sophomore who is the same size as a soph as the one in question as a senior.  The other is friends with that one and was gonna be moved to defense solely, but I think he likes playing  offense more and will be the security blanket for the qb that went. Those two should be able to put up some numbers against all the nobodies that they play. Maybe neither will have to work as hard and will get their nuts fluffed just like they like over there because the coaches in Moultrie don't fluff nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We've bled off a few players the last couple of years. 3 went to Valdosta and got caught up in a scandal which costed them their eligibility for this year...

A couple have now went to Pelham, one that's dad thinks he's the top qb in the country but the kid won't  follow directions and can't put on any weight. Was gonna be in competition for the starting spot with a sophomore who is the same size as a soph as the one in question as a senior.  The other is friends with that one and was gonna be moved to defense solely, but I think he likes playing  offense more and will be the security blanket for the qb that went. Those two should be able to put up some numbers against all the nobodies that they play. Maybe neither will have to work as hard and will get their nuts fluffed just like they like over there because the coaches in Moultrie don't fluff nuts. 

I'm not gonna fib....I was a tad surprised about the last one.

He's a great athlete and a pretty solid kid.  I hope things work out for him and his Mom.

But that's the way of the sports world these days.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

Just now, Rufus69 said:

He's a great athlete and a pretty solid kid.  I hope things work out for him and his Mom.

Rufus>>

In general he's a good kid. He has some attitude issues at times when things aren't going his way. Something similar to Z-man to be honest. 

This coaching staff don't sit around and lie to the kids about college aspirations or coddle the stars by letting them get by with stuff like was going on under Rush some, so, that culture shift has some kids and parents thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. 

Rush used to paint a big beautiful picture that had every kid going to college and half of them making the bigs. Not that providing hope was a bad thing, and it worked psychologically to keep the kids thinking their hard ass work was for something. 

This new staff seems to be more grounded and realists with the kids. Suddenly the kids don't see where the rewards for all the work are coming from. Playing for the Packers is tough. It ain't always fun and it's a lot of sweat and blood and tears. Once the hope for college or whatever future they've dreamed of is faded, they can't see the value anymore for all the work with so little  fun.  The reality is, what they are learning now is real life shit. Hard work for rewards you aren't always happy with is a big part of the majority of the world population's life.

Then you get clowns like this 96 fella singing songs about the demise of the program. Likely untrue, but, he can find songs to joyfully sing none the less. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I was surprised as well but HawgGoneIt hit the nail on the head. He wanted to be the best player on the team and he wasn't that here. Good luck to him. Good luck to Zane. I hope it works out and his dad lands the D1 scholarship that he has been dreaming of. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I was surprised as well but HawgGoneIt hit the nail on the head. He wanted to be the best player on the team and he wasn't that here. Good luck to him. Good luck to Zane. I hope it works out and his dad lands the D1 scholarship that he has been dreaming of. 

I think we experience some things that all schools do, but, due to the last few years, it's a lot under the microscope across the region and even nationally to an extent. 

When a player with big potential moves in and kind of takes a starting spot, then a player loses that starting spot and gets moved to another position to start, then it creates issues if the kid that's getting moved doesn't have the right attitude, or, even that kid's parents don't have the right attitude. We saw a few qbs quit the program when Steven Krajewski moved down here. Now we're seeing some other quitters as other families move to the area. It is what it is. Get better is my attitude about it. Be a team guy and fill the shoes the team needs you to fill the most. Not everyone will have the attitude it takes to do that. 

It's not as simple down here to just transfer to another school. These schools are all 30 and 40 miles apart and the requirements for the bona fide move mean an entire family unit has to uproot and move at least 30 to 40 miles away from their current home. This is why we're seeing them caught because they're trying to be slick due to how difficult it is. Especially those that own homes and property. Happened to the ones that went to Valdosta. Hopefully this group that's heading to Pelham learned from that. 

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Things continuing to go downhill. No Packass fans on here stop to think why this is the case. They just keep blaming the players and their families.

My only proof on this situation is from the players and the families themselves. Also this was alleged previously when rush was there except it was for recruiting. So no nolegirl no link.

So what? worst case scenario is I have an extra car on my hands. :)

If you think it's bad he left the Packers think about this, he could have went to Lowndes but chose Pelham instead. lol

Fuck'm all. If they ain't Packers they're the enemy. Last one left because he couldn't beat out a 9th grader at TE that has Power 5 offers. I think you know who he is.  Packers are frigging loaded with receivers and other skill guys. Check out this photo. That is nothing but skill players that won the Southeastern 7v7 this past weekend. If you think Packer fans are crying over players that don't want to compete for a job think again. As you can see we're blessed with skill players.

I thought the Packers were a year away from being in a serious conversation for the big enchalada when we started spring workouts and that's still my opinion. Our kids are going to play some excellent football at times but they're also going to let youth get in their way at times.

As my man James Brown said .............."I feel good !!

002.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 67packer said:

If you think it's bad he left the Packers think about this, he could have went to Lowndes but chose Pelham instead. lol

Fuck'm all. If they ain't Packers they're the enemy. Last one left because he couldn't beat out a 9th grader at TE that has Power 5 offers. I think you know who he is.  Packers are frigging loaded with receivers and other skill guys. Check out this photo. That is nothing but skill players that won the Southeastern 7v7 this past weekend. If you think Packer fans are crying over players that don't want to compete for a job think again. As you can see we're blessed with skill players.

I thought the Packers were a year away from being in a serious conversation for the big enchalada when we started spring workouts and that's still my opinion. Our kids are going to play some excellent football at times but they're also going to let youth get in their way at times.

002.JPG

Check out that #9. That's who he couldn't beat out so hauled ass to Pelham. :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 67packer said:

002.JPG

Think about this... Last season we had bled off those kids to Valdosta and still running clocked Lowndes. 

xD

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You mean, one of the best playas on your team went to Pel Ham TOO? HURRY up with the season, or you may not have 22 decent ones left!

And WHAT, EXACTLY, does COSTED MEAN?

35 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

You mean, one of the best playas on your team went to Pel Ham TOO? HURRY up with the season, or you may not have 22 decent ones left!

And WHAT, EXACTLY, does COSTED MEAN?

When it got costed out, the price they're being charged is their senior year eligibility. 

Duh. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In general he's a good kid. He has some attitude issues at times when things aren't going his way. Something similar to Z-man to be honest. 

This coaching staff don't sit around and lie to the kids about college aspirations or coddle the stars by letting them get by with stuff like was going on under Rush some, so, that culture shift has some kids and parents thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. 

Rush used to paint a big beautiful picture that had every kid going to college and half of them making the bigs. Not that providing hope was a bad thing, and it worked psychologically to keep the kids thinking their hard ass work was for something. 

This new staff seems to be more grounded and realists with the kids. Suddenly the kids don't see where the rewards for all the work are coming from. Playing for the Packers is tough. It ain't always fun and it's a lot of sweat and blood and tears. Once the hope for college or whatever future they've dreamed of is faded, they can't see the value anymore for all the work with so little  fun.  The reality is, what they are learning now is real life shit. Hard work for rewards you aren't always happy with is a big part of the majority of the world population's life.

Then you get clowns like this 96 fella singing songs about the demise of the program. Likely untrue, but, he can find songs to joyfully sing none the less. 

Great post

i surmise this is a big reason Rush was successful 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 67packer said:

002.JPG

Ga96 brags they don’t get transfers, I wouldn’t brag that kids would rather transfer to Pehlam to play football then play at Lowndes , no kid in country wants to transfer to Lowndes 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Great post

i surmise this is a big reason Rush was successful 

I was gonna concur. 

Rush sold a dream. Helluva salesman and may have missed his calling. But the live of being around sports is tough to get away from when opportunities exist.

About the dreams, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it certainly does push the kids to work harder and chase the dangling carrot. On the other hand, it distorts their reality. When, not if, it ends differently than the dream went many kids never recover from it. Seen it countless times. It’s a fine line to walk. 

The new staff isn’t selling a bill of goods. I don’t know what they’re selling or if they’re selling anything at all. Keeping the kids grounded in reality isn’t bad. It does, however, cause some (along with their parents) to think they may be better off elsewhere. Those kids usually end up disappointed.

In any case, Colquitt has the horses to always be solid. Perhaps not state champion material every year, but a team that can beat anybody any given Friday night. I’ve always said I wasn’t as impressed with rush as a coach as much as I was his ability to build a program and get people to buy in. I still believe it today. That’s more than half the battle. If cc can keep the base of the program in place, and make necessary tweaks when the need arises, they will continue to compete. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I was gonna concur. 

Rush sold a dream. Helluva salesman and may have missed his calling. But the live of being around sports is tough to get away from when opportunities exist.

About the dreams, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it certainly does push the kids to work harder and chase the dangling carrot. On the other hand, it distorts their reality. When, not if, it ends differently than the dream went many kids never recover from it. Seen it countless times. It’s a fine line to walk. 

The new staff isn’t selling a bill of goods. I don’t know what they’re selling or if they’re selling anything at all. Keeping the kids grounded in reality isn’t bad. It does, however, cause some (along with their parents) to think they may be better off elsewhere. Those kids usually end up disappointed.

In any case, Colquitt has the horses to always be solid. Perhaps not state champion material every year, but a team that can beat anybody any given Friday night. I’ve always said I wasn’t as impressed with rush as a coach as much as I was his ability to build a program and get people to buy in. I still believe it today. That’s more than half the battle. If cc can keep the base of the program in place, and make necessary tweaks when the need arises, they will continue to compete. 

I still talk to parents of kids that played and started for Rush here that were so sold on if they were a starter they were going to college, only to have those hopes dashed and feel lied to. 

Rush did get some marginal talents scholarships. This is the number one reason I supported him with whatever I had. I loved seeing those success stories. 

The reality is, he was lying to a lot of kids. It worked. He knew how to get them to do what he needed. That's his gift and he knew how to use it. The culture of coddling some of the big stars started catching up. It started showing with some loss of control of the team at times. 

This new staff is selling a brotherhood culture. It ain't for everybody. Especially those that think they should have free rides at college but aren't really equipped with the necessary genetics. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well....as far as 96 goes....when you get a running clock put on you...it tends to leave a mark.  So no surprise with him running off at the mouth.

In today's society...where you have people labeled "influencers"...it's no shock that our kids believe they're entitled.  They believe more in "self" than they do in "team".  It is what it is.  And when I asked "Doc" about how we could get out of this narcistic point of view...he not so politely said....

"Rufus, I ain't sure there's a way back from this mess.  I used to think the kids were just spoiled but it's far worse than that.  I blame the Methodists".

So we may be doomed.

I do like your comment....."playing for the Packers is tough".  That's the way it should be.  Earn your spot.  Support your team.  Get your priorities straight.  Play hard to win...but learn how to lose.  Cause I guaran-damn-tee ya...it's gonna happen to ya sooner or later.

Life lessons.....

Rufus>>

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well....as far as 96 goes....when you get a running clock put on you...it tends to leave a mark.  So no surprise with him running off at the mouth.

In today's society...where you have people labeled "influencers"...it's no shock that our kids believe they're entitled.  They believe more in "self" than they do in "team".  It is what it is.  And when I asked "Doc" about how we could get out of this narcistic point of view...he not so politely said....

"Rufus, I ain't sure there's a way back from this mess.  I used to think the kids were just spoiled but it's far worse than that.  I blame the Methodists".

So we may be doomed.

I do like your comment....."playing for the Packers is tough".  That's the way it should be.  Earn your spot.  Support your team.  Get your priorities straight.  Play hard to win...but learn how to lose.  Cause I guaran-damn-tee ya...it's gonna happen to ya sooner or later.

Life lessons.....

Rufus>>

Well put!

Kids are way more ME than WE nowadays. The advent of social media and the ability to know what everybody is doing all of the time creates a lot of false expectations.

Marietta has a 1FAMILY mantra. 

Forget

About

Me 

Love

You

Kind of hokey, but I really like it and Coach Morgan has done a great job of getting kids to buy into the philosophy. Baby Sweets tells me that it’s a unified team atmosphere and the upperclassmen Devils are cheering on, helping and supporting the Imps. If you can get the older kids that are hard workers and good team guys to show the younger kids the way.......you’re building a solid foundation for the future. 

• Like 2