Will Covid derail another season?

Horsefly

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Covid is picking up steam here in Texas, not sure if it won’t derail another season.  What’s going on in your state and do you see things being cancelled or postponed? 

I suspect we'll have a complete season in Georgia depending on the team and each district's policies on how to handle covid outbreaks on the teams. 

Basically like it was last year in other words. 

You could have an outbreak on the offensive line groups and have to miss a game or more due to lack of players at some positions. Just due to the nature of how we train in groups like that, one positive case could mean 8 positive cases in reality. 

It is what it is. At least it's down to letting each district make decisions that are mostly right for them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Covid is picking up steam here in Texas, not sure if it won’t derail another season.  What’s going on in your state and do you see things being cancelled or postponed? 

NJ feels like pandemic is over, no masks no one really talking about it,so will have a season 

I don’t see how they still having concerts but wanna postpon football 

this was rolling loud concert this week

B0704B56-899E-41BC-AFF7-A37D7EFF7FCD.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

NJ feels like pandemic is over, no masks no one really talking about it,so will have a season 

Mostly the same here... however, covid is starting to hit close to home again. The right folks family members start going to the icu or worse, I'd guess discussions pick up steam. 

I have a female friend that's healthy and only 28 that has been battling it for 2 weeks. Gets to feeling better for a day and then bam, fever back to 103 etc. Literally 2 weeks in she thought she was over it two days ago but called me earlier from the hospital with pneumonia. Not in need of intibation yet so sent home with steroids, a Z pack and some stuff for nausea/diarrhea. Not doing too good. 

When that happens to people closer to you, you start having deeper thoughts about what you've been doing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wow!  Life is rolling along with this group 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Gavin is kind of effed. Really good chance he is voted out in 6 weeks. If he shutdown HS football again, Governor Larry Elder will bring it back

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s what I’m saying, hard to believe people Are talking about not playing football when they having 100k people packed like sardines no masks no shoes, One giant mosh pit that concert was

Yeah I expect things will roll along, most states won’t stop things 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If any thing happens California will be first to cancel so if they still on then all the other states have nothing to worry about when it comes to having a football season

knock ✊🏾 on wood 🪵 

I forgot how Red of a state New Jersey was

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

It all hinges on whether they test asymptomatic people or not. If they test every coach and player every week regardless of vaccination status and symptoms, the season will be fucked. If they limit testing to symptomatic people, it should be fine.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, badrouter said:

My nightmare is he narrowly avoids recall, and then locks down hard on September 15 or 16.

Coin flip right now…his largest problem is there isn’t a “save Gavin” movement. The D’s in California fell out of love with since the French laundry and the reopening he pushed in June. I like Elder’s chance being the Governor elect in 6 weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Coin flip right now…his largest problem is there isn’t a “save Gavin” movement. The D’s in California fell out of love with since the French laundry and the reopening he pushed in June. I like Elder’s chance being the Governor elect in 6 weeks.

I hope you are right but the vote harvesting (cheating) may be to well entrenched until at least another generation out 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I hope you are right but the vote harvesting (cheating) may be to well entrenched until at least another generation out 

I don’t see the invest going on this tome around like there was in November…I don’t think Gavin and the D’s took this seriously but it 6 out the race is close. Thank and Larry Elder is a real candidate unlike the rest of the R field

Gavin once he found our Larry would be allowed on the ballot

34337AAF-47DE-402B-8656-21CE0AFC71A6.gif.ef63308a0ad958b136ac6adfbf8a8335.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I suspect we'll have a complete season in Georgia depending on the team and each district's policies on how to handle covid outbreaks on the teams. 

Basically like it was last year in other words. 

You could have an outbreak on the offensive line groups and have to miss a game or more due to lack of players at some positions. Just due to the nature of how we train in groups like that, one positive case could mean 8 positive cases in reality. 

It is what it is. At least it's down to letting each district make decisions that are mostly right for them. 

SOOOOOO, EVERYTHING North of Cordele except Gray and Warner Robins, will be QUARANTINED!