Will Covid derail another season?

Horsefly

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Mostly the same here... however, covid is starting to hit close to home again. The right folks family members start going to the icu or worse, I'd guess discussions pick up steam. 

I have a female friend that's healthy and only 28 that has been battling it for 2 weeks. Gets to feeling better for a day and then bam, fever back to 103 etc. Literally 2 weeks in she thought she was over it two days ago but called me earlier from the hospital with pneumonia. Not in need of intibation yet so sent home with steroids, a Z pack and some stuff for nausea/diarrhea. Not doing too good. 

When that happens to people closer to you, you start having deeper thoughts about what you've been doing. 

You'll only go to ICU if you DON'T TAKE THE DAMN SHOTS! IT AIN'T AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

MAAAYBE wearing NO SHOES is the magic bullet?

Then the South should have covid whipped. I see nasty ass people all the time in grocery and convenience stores with no shoes on. Then I see thieir 5-10 little cracker snatchers running amok with no shoes on as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Mostly the same here... however, covid is starting to hit close to home again. The right folks family members start going to the icu or worse, I'd guess discussions pick up steam. 

I have a female friend that's healthy and only 28 that has been battling it for 2 weeks. Gets to feeling better for a day and then bam, fever back to 103 etc. Literally 2 weeks in she thought she was over it two days ago but called me earlier from the hospital with pneumonia. Not in need of intibation yet so sent home with steroids, a Z pack and some stuff for nausea/diarrhea. Not doing too good. 

When that happens to people closer to you, you start having deeper thoughts about what you've been doing. 

Explain what you mean by, "THE RIGHT FOLKS?"

On 7/29/2021 at 10:08 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I suspect we'll have a complete season in Georgia depending on the team and each district's policies on how to handle covid outbreaks on the teams. 

Basically like it was last year in other words. 

You could have an outbreak on the offensive line groups and have to miss a game or more due to lack of players at some positions. Just due to the nature of how we train in groups like that, one positive case could mean 8 positive cases in reality. 

It is what it is. At least it's down to letting each district make decisions that are mostly right for them. 

If Westlake, Cedar Grove, Banneker, and Alcovy, who are being paid to travel! Will they be getting that $10,000 like last season? Or will it be refunded?

18 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Then the South should have covid whipped. I see nasty ass people all the time in grocery and convenience stores with no shoes on. Then I see their 5-10 little cracker snatchers running amok with no shoes on as well.

Then, perhaps we need to set up a little cracker snatchers shoe fund at Northcutt?

Mililani vs Kamehameha (Kapalama, HI) August 6th game has been postponed due to COVID.

The game was originally scheduled for September 11th, but Mililani moved up the game to accommodate their trip to play Mater Dei. Hopefully that game goes on without any hiccups. But, don’t hold your breath.

Hawaii is seeing a major surge in cases recently with the influx of tourists to the islands amid relaxed travel restrictions since the beginning of summer. 

Saturday marked the single highest case count per day of the entire pandemic and no single week has seen more cases than this past week. Hospitalizations on island are skyrocketing exponentially. 

Mililani Has Opener Canceled

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:24 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If any thing happens California will be first to cancel so if they still on then all the other states have nothing to worry about when it comes to having a football season

knock ✊🏾 on wood 🪵 

Its only the red states that really would be heavily affected since they don't balieve in them that there shots.  Just aax them Tucker told em so. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:25 AM, Old Rabid One said:

ILLEGAL COVID INFECTED IMMIGRANTS, ANYONE?

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is true. Not political at all. It’s a matter of fact. I would expect the CDC to recommend closing the Southern border if they want to be taken seriously about slowing the spread of the recent spikes.

Dickheads.  Both of you.

• Thanks 2

On 7/29/2021 at 8:24 PM, Eddyr2 said:

Gavin is going to want to lock everything down again but if he wants a chance of keeping his job he’ll chill until after the recall

@AztecPadrethere is nothing to be confused about. Polls are showing that anti-lockdown sentiment is driving the enthusiasm behind his opponents. His base has no enthusiasm at all and likely won’t vote. Unfortunately for him the French laundry incident cost him a lot of support among his base. I believe now there’s only a 45% chance he stays in office. If he pushes heavy restrictions between now and Election Day that goes down to 15%.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

@AztecPadrethere is nothing to be confused about. Polls are showing that anti-lockdown sentiment is driving the enthusiasm behind his opponents. His base has no enthusiasm at all and likely won’t vote. Unfortunately for him the French laundry incident cost him a lot of support among his base. I believe now there’s only a 45% chance he stays in office. If he pushes heavy restrictions between now and Election Day that goes down to 15%.

My confused reaction was that you think he will close down again.  There is not going back.  As long as everybody is smart enough to get vaccinated and use common sense, then there is no reason for a lockdown.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

My confused reaction was that you think he will close down again.  There is not going back.  As long as everybody is smart enough to get vaccinated and use common sense, then there is no reason for a lockdown.  

the CDC just went back last week.

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

CDC recommends, states make the decisions.  There is no way this country can survive without the money Calli provides, so Gavin will not lockdown.  He might issue warnings but no policy to lockdown again.

if he issues warnings that sound like mandates he will do himself some real harm. is odds of staying in office are underwater right now. right around 45%

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

if he issues warnings that sound like mandates he will do himself some real harm. is odds of staying in office are underwater right now. right around 45%

He will and should be re-elected, unless he does something insanely stupid or trump like before the elections.  I think he is handling it as best as anyone could have.  This virus has no precedence so hopefully he makes the correct decisions.  IMO a warning/heads up to me is not seen as policy/mandate.  Like I said this states economy basically sinks or saves this country and he knows that.  Only God knows how this will all turn out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

He will and should be re-elected, unless he does something insanely stupid or trump like before the elections.  I think he is handling it as best as anyone could have.  This virus has no precedence so hopefully he makes the correct decisions.  IMO a warning/heads up to me is not seen as policy/mandate.  Like I said this states economy basically sinks or saves this country and he knows that.  Only God knows how this will all turn out. 

Tucker Carlson: Gavin Newsom's French Laundry birthday dinner goes beyond  mere hypocrisy | Fox News