Servite is the worst…I hate them…

Eddyr2

22 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sure there has. There are many sports played at the school. There are a lot of smaller sports that MD historically has not been good. Back in the Stone Age when I was a student, Servite would destroy MD is sports like wrestling, water polo. Servite beat us in football all 4 years I was at MD, which was before Rollo’s time. 

Servite was pretty good in B-ball in the 70's also ?

4 hours ago, MD87 said:

Correct regarding hoops, and it's been very frustrating.  Could it be the countless fly-by-night "academies" that are popping up all over the country and sucking up the SoCal talent?  Yes, Sierra Canyon is good, but there were eras that you had three or four teams as good as or better than today's SC (e.g. D-High, Artesia, Chester, Fax, etc.), but MD still managed to consistently win state titles despite that.  I am a bit mystified.  Would love to see McKnight bring home another title before he's done.

i sometimes wonder if MD's football team becoming a national powerhouse again, i wonder if that has had an effect on MD's boys basketball program.

1 hour ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

i sometimes wonder if MD's football team becoming a national powerhouse again, i wonder if that has had an effect on MD's boys basketball program.

Hard to say.  Hoops alone was in the limelight from '82 until Rollo, and then again from 2000 til Stanley Johnson graduated.  Football's stood alone since 2016.  Yet both simultaneously did great in the 90s, when each was perennially in the National Top 25.  Again, hard to say.

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Just hear that the Anaheim PD is charging that intern running it with assault after this post…

E0EE566E-49D6-47EE-A930-2D19170B536B.thumb.jpeg.3d71d298f4c7823ff2e4766c9f3a6904.jpeg

soon to be 29-3-1

Every dog has his day. You guys don't like to remember that before Rollo took over, Servite led the series 14-13-1, including a 13-4 run in Servite's favor, between 1972-1988, while some of you were at Mater Dei. The worm will turn, eventually.

5 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Every dog has his day. You guys don't like to remember that before Rollo took over, Servite led the series 14-13-1, including a 13-4 run in Servite's favor, between 1972-1988, while some of you were at Mater Dei. The worm will turn, eventually.

Maybe one day…

CC11E05B-8CDB-4E1E-9E9E-52E50C8F8B8C.gif

i'm not a fan of MD, it would take a miracle but hopefully Servite or Bosco can prevent Rollo and MD from winning a 5th natty, as in, upsetting them in the post-season like Bosco did to MD in 2019, and what MD did to Bosco in 2018. It just reminds me, that occured in 2016 as well, MD beat Bosco in the regular season, but Bosco won the rematch in the CIF title game at the Big A, Wyatt Davis dominated that game for Bosco.

• 4 weeks later...